Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Amazon VOD app on Samsung blu-ray players?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 197 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 1, 2010 11:32:09 PM PDT
chris_nwb says:
Is it coming?

I checked with Samsung support and they said it's Amazon who's ultimately responsible for the development and release of the Amazon Video-On-Demand app.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 2:11:09 PM PDT
my comment is late, but im still waiting for amazon VOD app for honeycomb on my acer a500. im very disappointed amazon is being lazy about creating amazon VOD app. i have a lot of movies that i bought here on amazon but cant put them on my tablet:(

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011 7:20:37 PM PDT
S. Farris says:
Amazon does not seem to answer this question....even after it has been asked for over a year! No Amazon VOD for Samsung Blu-ray players....which was the main reason I got one with a built in wifi. I have a Sony also, and it rocks with Amazon, so why the snub on Samsung?

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 2:00:16 PM PDT
Mary Doctor says:
I have a Samsung LED TV and it has the Amazon VOD app on it. I went to my new Samsung Blu Ray player but it's not there. I'm quite surprised it's on the TV and not on the player.
Fingers crossed Amazon will get it on the Blu Ray side......

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 6:22:55 PM PDT
Come on Amazon get with it we want VOD on the samsung bluray players!!!!

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 7:24:22 PM PDT
DRC says:
Come on Amazon get with it we want VOD on the samsung bluray players!!!!
Ditto

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011 8:49:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 1, 2011 8:50:06 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 5:44:12 PM PDT
Jay Dreyer says:
Agreed. I keep checking, and updating the software hoping an Amazon app will appear, but no luck.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 10:48:36 AM PDT
Bonz says:
Rather frustrating that I can't get amazon vod on my samsung bluray player. I guess I need to forget about amazon and move on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2011 10:53:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011 10:53:43 AM PDT
J. Taylor says:
My hope is they will figure this out now that they are going with more video media focus. They need to get with it though - can't expect me to shell out $80 a year for VOD, then not be able to watch it on my TV.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 8:01:47 AM PST
Leon Kraut says:
If you want me to buy a Fire Kindle I would like VOD on my samsung blu ray player

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 9:20:48 AM PST
D. Searle says:
Just bought a kindle fire - can't believe there is no Amazon app on either my Samsung LED TV or Samsung Blu Ray device. Why in the world would I subscribe to Amazon if I can't stream it to my devices

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 10:47:17 AM PST
Happy Dad says:
Is there any timeline on a Amazon APP for Samsung? I have no options in watching HD movie content from Amazon. Its is only SD on the PC, so my HTPC is out and no apps for my Samsung Smart TV or Blu-Ray Player. I have started to use my Blockbuster APP to rent movies because it looks like Amazon gave up on Samsung.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 11:50:34 AM PST
Mike Testa says:
I gave up on waiting for Samsung Blu-Ray to support Amazon VOD and I recently bought a Roku XD. Now I not only get free content and Amazon VOD (in Dolby 5.1), but now my Netflix is streaming in Dolby 5.1 too...all through HDMI with 1080p. For under $100 I should have abandoned Samsung long ago!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 8:40:14 AM PST
I hope as today 11/23/11 still not on Samsung blue-ray players.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 8:45:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2011 8:45:58 AM PST
J. Taylor says:
personally, after buying a Kindle Fire, whether Amazon creates a VOD app will be the deciding factor my decision to continue with the Prime service after the 1 month trial.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 10:16:49 AM PST
J. Greco says:
Well this sucks. I bought my TV based on the fact that Amazon Prime was supposed to support it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 9:02:30 PM PST
Mike Testa says:
@Greco,

Actually, if you have a recent Samsung HDTV model it's highly likely that it does have support for Amazon VOD. Search the model number on Amazon.com and see if it's listed for VOD. Mine does, but of course to feed the audio through a 5.1, etc AVR, the AVR needs to support ARC (audio return channel). Research and see.

This thread is focused on the Samsung Blu-Ray players, which amazingly do NOT support Amazon VOD.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 6:28:37 AM PST
Although the Amazon VOD lists the Samsung UN55D8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV (Silver) as supporting Amazon VOD, it does no! There is no app or Yahoo widget on my HDTV. All of the software is up to date, but no app for Amazon VOD. This is very disappointing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 7:36:10 AM PST
Mike Testa says:
You need to add it. Go to the setup menu and scroll along the left side to near the bottom where you add or manage apps. I can't remember exactly what the menu item is called but it'll be there. My Samsung HDTV didn't have it pre-installed but it was one of the apps that I installed. It was very simple.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 7:37:41 AM PST
J. Taylor says:
my understanding is the app is available for TVs but not blu-ray players. Which makes no sense Amazon!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 7:11:45 PM PST
There is no Amazon app for the UN55D8000. Do you have it installed for this particular model?

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 3:07:59 PM PST
hybrid fan98 says:
We also have the UN558000 and it does not offer the Amazon App - I've looked and it is nowhere for download to add to the TV. What gives ?? This is one of the newest/biggest TV's Samsung makes and we figured if we had this app on our smaller/older Samsung TV that it'd be on this one too.. but now they're not making it available for the new models ?? What a way to penalize the people who pay for the new stuff. It makes no sense.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 9:44:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2011 9:45:33 AM PST
Happy Dad says:
According to Samsung, Amazon is responsible for making an app for their TV's. I am hoping that Amazon is working on an app for the 2011 line of Blu-ray and Smart-TV's. I am not sure why there isn't an app yet considering Samsung is still the largest seller of TV's. Come on Amazon, I want to spend money watching your movies, get with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 10:13:02 AM PST
J. Taylor says:
I definitely won't extend my one month of prime unless this service comes to Samsung blu ray.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  122
Total posts:  197
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 5, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions