Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Amazon Instant Video Now Available on Nintendo's Wii Console

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 9:10:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 9:35:40 AM PST
Amazon today announced the launch of the Amazon Instant Video app on Nintendo's Wii console, providing customers with access to the Amazon Instant Video library of more than 145,000 movies and TV episodes. The app is already available on Nintendo's new Wii U console that launched November 18th and is being enjoyed across the United States.

The Amazon Instant Video app for Wii provides customers with a comprehensive Amazon Instant Video experience including:
* Instant streaming of more than 145,000 titles from the Amazon Instant Video library and more than 33,000 Prime Instant Video titles for Prime members
* Smart lists such as "Recently Watched," "Watchlist," "Genre Recommendations" and "Your TV Shows" that allow customers to easily manage their viewing choices
* Your Video Library gives customers access to purchases from Amazon Instant Video on the Wii or any of the hundreds of other devices enabled for Amazon Instant Video. For a list of compatible devices click here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000663511
* Parental Controls and Kid Zone features that allow parents to manage access to age appropriate content and also easily navigate specific categories to find family-friendly programming by age
* Whispersync lets customers seamlessly switch from one device to another. Start streaming a movie on Kindle Fire, then pick up right where you left off on your Wii console - avoid the frustration of having to find your spot

For more information on how to get started visit, http://amazon.com/instantvideo/wii.

If you need assistance with the app, please visit the General Help Forum - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/ - or Contact Us.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 10:34:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 10:34:31 AM PST
D. MacDonald says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 7:09:55 PM PST
J. Rios says:
Did yall fix the buffer issue?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013 10:32:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2013 10:33:42 PM PST
Y. Liu says:
Probably not. Not even on PC, can't imaging on Wii.
Please fix the buffer issue first!!

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 6:25:39 PM PST
Jack says:
Really, the Wii? And still no support for Android!

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 3:30:11 PM PST
*pinches self*

Am I dreaming this?

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 7:05:19 PM PST
Amazon channel not working today. Never loads. Worked yesterday. Any ideas? Web works. Rebooted.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 7:19:18 PM PST
Beezer says:
having consistent problems with the wii program constantly buffering, however we can stream easily from our computers/devices. any suggestions on how to fix it?

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 11:56:21 PM PST
When will Amazon Instant Video go International???

Posted on Mar 6, 2013 10:48:11 AM PST
M. Dougherty says:
Used the VOD last night it was a frustrating experience. Took 2 hours to watch an hour show. I had to constantly restart the video, watched the video buffer more than I watched the show, bad, bad experience! At least I had the free Prime to watch and know that I will keep Netflix. Can I say it enough, bad, bad experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013 8:20:42 AM PST
A. Childress says:
We are also having this problem with some movies/shows, but not all. It is extremely frustrating, though I am very happy to see Amazon finally making it to the Wii. They need to get it up to speed...it is irritating to attempt to watch a show and you can't because it is constantly buffering.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 7:36:44 AM PDT
J. Maines says:
It would be even cooler to have SD playback on Nintendo 3DS. I used to watch Netflix using my 3DS, and now, there's an even larger 3DS system with a bigger screen size that is better suited to video playback. However, the only videos I can get on it are Nintendo Video's 4 most current clips, eShop offerings, and Netflix. If Amazon would enter the 3DS market with some 3D full-length movies, I would definitely buy a few of them. (I want Avatar on my 3DS already!) Rentals are also possible, though I would rather own the video in my library and download it to watch it on-the-go. ;)

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 7:30:00 PM PDT
Clark says:
Is widescreen from the Wii supposed to be available??? I can't believe it's not the native format?! Help?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 1:56:13 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 5, 2013 10:50:17 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 1:57:18 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 7:22:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2013 7:22:57 PM PDT
Angela says:
Love that Amazon instant video is available on WII but am pretty frustrated after spending 2 hours dealing with buffering and streaming issues. Just purchased a new Wii this week and was looking forward to streaming movies and TV shows. So far I have only been able to watch 10 minutes of one TV show (which was interrupted by constant buffering)...and now, the streaming has stopped working completely. I only get a message that says, "Amazon Instant Video is not available right now. Please try again later. Error Code 99." Talk about a very bad experience. Amazon...please FIX this!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2013 8:03:10 PM PDT

Posted on May 2, 2013 10:12:52 AM PDT
Joe says:
great, now how about adding/re-enabling the support for Android devices as advertised.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2013 5:10:31 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 6, 2013 5:16:19 PM PDT]

Posted on May 6, 2013 5:17:41 PM PDT
When the Amazon DRM change forced my move off XBMC, I decided to give the Wii a shot. While the menu quality is superior to my XBMC setup, the device buffers every few minutes for 30+ seconds and my kids refuse to watch it. Internet speed is not an issue and Netflix works fine on the same Wii. It is sad that the unofficial hack had exponentially higher video quality and stability compared to the official wii release.

Posted on May 13, 2013 8:55:39 PM PDT
Joe Weller says:
At first it was great, now it freezes, has choppy play and really, really bad picture quality. I can pick up my ipad and stream the same show, in the same room on Amazon video with crystal clear HD quality and no issues.

What is wrong with the Wii? Why offer it if it doesn't work???

Posted on May 15, 2013 7:52:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2013 7:54:28 PM PDT
James Travis says:
I love Amazon for shopping and such, but I am really disappointed with Amazon VOD.
I have purchased full seasons for several different shows, and I cannot watch any of them!
All of my computers run Linux, which Amazon refuses to support, and on the Wii the show constantly buffers every 15 seconds, so much so that my friend said "Let's just watch it on Hulu".

We loaded Hulu on the same Wii in the same room with the same connection, and it worked fine... so guess what? The problem isn't on my end, Amazon. I won't be buying any more shows if they can't deliver quality service. I wish I could get a refund for the seasons I purchased.

Posted on May 17, 2013 7:50:00 AM PDT
StarWarsFans says:
Where on the Wii app do I find my watchlist? I'm not seeing it in the row of options.

Posted on May 17, 2013 6:40:50 PM PDT
I'm unsure as to why they are adding another service when it is damn near impossible to watch anything on Amazon prime via a computer. I have recently purchased a Windows 8 laptop and I have not been able to watch anything on it without fighting for several hours to get something loaded. Once loaded it is great, but after that it is nothing but trouble. My ex does not have the same problem with his PS3 application....there is something wrong here.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2013 8:39:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2013 8:41:01 AM PDT
James Travis says:
@ StarWarsFans

If you are referring to the shows that you purchased, it's one of the smaller boxes on the right where it says "My Video Library". If that's not what you are referring to, then I'm sorry and just ignore my post.

It actually took me several minutes to find it also, it kind of blends-in with the advertisements on the home screen. Either a poor design decision, or it's done that way deliberately to cause people to accidentally click on the ads. I haven't decided which one is true yet.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Participants:  55
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  24 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions