Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

No Windows Media Center support

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 408 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 2, 2011 2:51:03 PM PDT
JBMamm says:
Seriously? Even Netflix has a plugin for it. That's about 30,000 consumers Amazon is missing out on.

Posted on Apr 3, 2011 8:00:00 PM PDT
Ben Edwards says:
And no Xbox support... Thats several more million people that won't buy from you.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2011 6:31:45 AM PDT
What do you mean? I use Windows Media Center to watch all my Amazon videos.

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 3:28:39 PM PDT
Spirit says:
Who cares about no xbox support? You would need live to watch it like netflix is only available if you pay 60 bucks even though you pay at least 8 bucks for the netflix service and can watch it free through the ps3. Why does m$oft make people pay for netflix? Same would happen to amazon VOD.

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 6:58:38 AM PDT
Robert Redd says:
Use Unbox and it shows up in your Videos library in Media Center.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2011 3:24:10 AM PDT
Doc Landis says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 4:30:10 AM PDT
Purewitz says:
Does the Windows Media Center support through Unbox also included Prime Instant Videos?

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 2:54:30 AM PDT
O. Aftab says:
Unbox only works with downloaded videos in Media Center. If you just want to STREAM videos from Amazon, I haven't been able to find a way to do so from Media Center. You have to open a browser and stream video through it - super annoying. I would rent far more videos from Amazon if there was a way to do so via a plugin in Media Center, like in Netflix.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 3:25:07 AM PDT
Barry says:
While Windows Media Center is a small share of the market, Netflix has partnered with Microsoft for a Media Center specific plugin. I'd like to see Amazon step up with a Media Center plug-in as well.

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 7:30:00 AM PDT
Locke says:
if Amazon is listening, I would like to request support for a native Windows Media Center plugin for Amazon Instant Video. I agree with the previous poster that being able to rent video directly from WMC with a remote would simply reduce ordering friction (good for me) and increase my total spend (good for Amazon).

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 7:25:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2011 7:27:15 PM PDT
Emmet Leahy says:
A Media Center Plugin for Amazon is much needed. I just cancelled Netflix due to the price hike. It would be great to have a plugin for Amazon Prime which I will now be using instead of netflix. The netflix plugin was a great in media center and it would be great if Amazon could bite into the netflix marketshare with their Prime streaming with a great plugin.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 5:58:48 PM PDT
Prime streaming is useless without a windows media center plugin. If they had one there's a good chance I would subscribe since I order a lot from Amazon and download renter movies to watch in media center sometimes. I like Amazon. I hope they get on this ASAP

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 12:40:28 AM PDT
Mario says:
Dear Amazon,

After all the netflix fiasco, I want to switch to Amazon prime. I've been watching my netflix using Windows Media Center. Please provide us a plugin. Thank you!

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 12:32:18 PM PDT
Cornstalks says:
Yep, C'mon, Amazon, let's get it done! I am a HTPC Media Center junkie!

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 11:26:14 AM PDT
I have been waiting for this forever. I have an HTPC so I don't need a million boxes to watch what I want. Why would Amazon not want to bring their service to Windows Media Center, Xbox and PS3?

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 1:46:16 AM PDT
T. Simerly says:
Also waiting for a MCE Plugin. and PS3 app...

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 4:41:39 AM PDT
Joe_reviewer says:
Agreed, I would definitely purchase Amazon instant if there was a media center plugin.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 8:54:22 AM PDT
K. Shurts says:
I agree. I watch Netflix using Windows Media Center. I would seriously consider using Amazon Prime if it supported a Media Center plug-in.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 7:50:29 PM PDT
L. Bowman says:
I would love it but it isn't going to happen. Amazon would have to make their selection a lot more browseable than it is now and I'm not sure they would want to jump through the hoops that Microsoft would make them to get the plug-in made since both of them will be competing with Apple for the dominant media ecosystem come in the next year.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 8:48:05 PM PDT
CineRik says:
Another vote for a MC plugin

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 9:40:56 AM PDT
Ridshack says:
Yes, I also would like a windows media center plugin. I just ordered prime mostly for the streaming videos but now find it too inconvenient compared to netflix streaming to really be of use.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 10:53:29 PM PDT
Eric Adams says:
I have both Netflix and Amazon prime but when my Prime membership is up I don't know what to do. I use HTPC's throughout my house. I love the fact that netflix has a plugin for MCE which I use with my Ceton cable TV tuners. Please Amazon make a port for HTPC users otherwise my decision is easy.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 4:29:07 AM PDT
Digitizer says:
OK, I am joining the crowd Amazon, get a MCE pluging going for your video service!! You have to see there is interest out here!!! Our main entertainment TV is controlled by MCE and this would be a great and well used addition. I just started using the Amazon video service because I am hating netflix more and more each day and this is another way to grab more of the market.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 8:51:36 AM PDT
Locke says:
I have created a link at http://thegreenbutton.com to encourage folks to post to this thread (http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_entertainment_and_connected_home/f/25/p/102218/546251.aspx#546251). Let's see if we can continue to get word out to folks who are interested in the a Media Center add-in for Amazon and ask them to post here and provide feedback to Amazon.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 10:02:17 AM PDT
A plug-in that supports streaming would be awesome! Right now I don't use the streaming service because of the lack of a 10-foot interface.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  302
Total posts:  408
Initial post:  Apr 2, 2011
Latest post:  21 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 88 customers

Search Customer Discussions