Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

They took my tv series out of prime streaming!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2013 11:51:27 PM PST
mudworm says:
Yesterday we finished Inspector Lewis series 4 episode 2. Today when we were ready to watch episode 3, we found that they took the entire series out of prime streaming. I was surprised because I expect amazon to keep expanding the prime stream collection, not the other way around. It's especially annoying when they do it mid-series.

Does anyone know what is the life cycle of a prime stream movie or tv series? I wish I could have seen it coming.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:19:31 AM PST
I was halfway through Farscape..then poof. They seem to have gutted the available series. What gives?

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 2:30:48 PM PST
Mandy says:
I'm with William. I was half-way through Season Two of Farscape YESTERDAY - in the middle of an episode, in fact, and today it's not Prime. What's the deal?

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 4:48:17 PM PST
Joe says:
Amazon's going cheap on us! Grab the Pitchforks!

In all seriousness, they could at least put a 2 week warning up.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 1:38:41 PM PST
flacoramos says:
Same boat here, was ready to watch another episode of farscape last night and....

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 2:01:14 PM PST
mudworm says:
Keep checking! I'm not happy that I have to keep checking hoping to get lucky, but I'm happy to see that Series 4 of Inspector Lewis is back to Prime Streaming as of now. Maybe they read this thread? Just hope that it stays available for a while. It's not like we can skip work and life just so we can finish watching the episodes in one shot.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 2:15:21 PM PST
flacoramos says:
I just complained about farscape. Wonder what the criteria for adding/removing series to prime is.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 3:08:22 PM PST
newplyr says:
How do you complain, I was watching the farscape series and had them on my watch list, I don't like when they take something away that was one of the reason I paid for prime.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 3:12:17 PM PST
Mandy says:
Really good question. I was trying to figure out how to complain, too. What do you go to or call?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 3:31:27 PM PST
flacoramos says:
Try this link https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/digital-video/ref=hp_ss_comp_cu?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201112530

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 7:02:18 PM PST
ATM says:
I'm very disappointed that Farscape and Babylon 5 (as well as many others that I was watching) were removed from the Prime instant video included with my membership. This has caused me to decide not to renew my membership next month. I didn't purchase Prime for free shipping. It was for the video that was included with it to watch on my Kindle Fire. I feel that my Kindle Fire is no longer going to be able to support the function that I purchased it for and will likely be sold in the near future if these issues aren't resolved.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 5:55:07 AM PST
D. Popovich says:
I'm with you guys on Farscape, I was almost done with season 1. Netflix stopped streaming it a few months ago because Amazon was doing it free and now...POOF!! Not happy at all.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 12:22:43 PM PST
Colleen M says:
I've sent a complaint into customer service to see if I get a response, I agree we were watching farscape and babylon and they are no longer available.. if I get anything decent in the reply I will post it here

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 6:30:07 PM PST
Colleen M says:
from customer service: Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Just so you know, an Amazon Prime membership includes unlimited, instant streaming of thousands of select movies and TV shows; however, the selection of Prime instant videos is always changing and titles currently unavailable may become available in the future.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment this has caused you. I've forwarded your message to our Amazon Instant Video development team for consideration as we make future improvements.

To compensate for the inconvenience caused, I've issued a $5.00 promotional credit to your account, which you can use the next time you order an item sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013 10:09:41 PM PST
Hopefully they'll issue 'about to leave Prime' warnings in the future.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum (1001 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions