ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components 100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin Fire TV Stick Beauty Videos Introducing Handmade Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Kids Halloween
Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Missing VOD order/content (not instant or on demand)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 6, 2012 11:00:39 AM PDT
AL says:
I 'rented' a VOD movie and when I went to download it, I was directed to 'Your Video Library' where it was conspicuously absent. Checking on my digital orders history, its status is 'pending'. According to the 'learn more' info,

"The content you have ordered will be delivered to your device immediately, and your order will appear under Open Orders until your payment has been processed. For Credit Card orders, this will take 1-3 days. Orders that have been fulfilled will always show up under Your Orders below."

I should have received the content instantly. So, where is it? I cannot even watch it online because VOD doesn't recognize my order. Yet, there's an invoice...

Has anyone had this experience before? How long will the delay take? (If this is how 'instant' is going to be now, this will be my last purchase of VOD content).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 7:26:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2012 7:30:53 PM PDT
Don says:
I'm experiencing this exact issue. This is ridiculous, the money has been pulled from my account but the order is "stuck" at pending. This is neither "on demand" nor instant. The best part is there seems to be no way to cancel a "pending" digital VOD rental. So while I'm stuck in limbo here having wasted 3 bucks on a rental, and netflix doesn't have the movie streaming yet, I'll go try google's play store see if I can actually watch what I want when I want.

addendum: Google play had the movie, made the rental purchased and began watching in less than a minute. That is video on demand. Not this pending crap.

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 3:24:44 PM PDT
I am having the same issue. Purchased rental over 1/2 hour ago and status of my video rental is still pending. Amazon, you need to add a way for customers to cancel a download that is taking too long to access.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:12:24 PM PST
Same problem here except I paid $9.99 for mine. Argh! Any advice?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 4:11:59 PM PST
AL says:
Besides complaining to customer service (do they even have a way to contact them?), I'm afraid I have no advice. I was charged for the rental that I never got. It's even in my digital order history when I look it up six months later. Never showed up in my Video Library.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 4:16:41 PM PST
I have the same problem!!! The frustrating thing is that I can't even cancel the download! I feel robbed.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2013 8:12:29 PM PDT
Jim says:
I was just watching episode six of a show's entire season that I purchased. When it ended, I went to get the next episode and the entire $31.99 season was gone. It shows as a digital purchase, but nothing is in my library anymore--it vanished. Signing out, rebooting, etc. does nothing.

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 8:32:38 PM PDT
Heather says:
Same here. ALL OF MY CONTENT is missing. It first showed up on the ROKU channel. Then it said, content not found. Then it said there are no videos in my Video Library. Logged in and sure enough my Video Library is empty. Unacceptable. Refunds?

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 8:34:02 PM PDT
Chris Frank says:
My video libary has been completely erased! Guess I'm done with Amazon instant video, switching back to iTunes.

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 8:36:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 29, 2013 8:43:45 PM PDT
nyctc7 says:
Same here! ALL content gone. Even "recently watched" is empty.

Edited to add: Other threads about this (March 29, 2013), looks like a system problem. While this sucks, good to know I'm not the only one, and hopefully everything should be back to normal eventually.

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 9:05:47 PM PDT
PMB says:
Our entire video library has disappeared since yesterday - a year's viewing and a significant amount of money. Where does it go, how do I get it back - anyone from Amazon reading this?

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 4:18:55 AM PDT
lostdreamer says:
If you click on the "help" link on the bottom of the page you will see a "contact us" button on the right hand menu. It will give you three options for contact: email, phone call, or live chat.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  May 6, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions