Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

How do I stop watching on another computer?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 14, 2012 9:39:06 PM PDT
I started watching a movie from a couple of locations that I can't get back to. Well now when I try to play the movie at home, I get a message that says I have to stop watching from the other devices before I can get them at home.

So my question is how do I stop watching from the other computers if I can't get access to those computers anymore?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:49:27 AM PST
Poohmel27 says:
is there an answer to this question?

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 2:38:20 PM PST
Wtf? I have 3 videos in playback and cannot watch anymore. I can't seem to stop them.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:23:36 PM PST
Sorcus says:
same problem with me.. i just paid 3$ for this

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 9:32:30 PM PST
Happiness says:
Call Amazon. There's a "buying right/rental right" that says that you can only download to a certain number of devices. I think you can only download 2-3 times with the "buying/renting" right. You should be able to stream from an unlimited number of devices, however. I'm not sure how you would un-download a movie, so that it can be downloadable to another device. Call 866-216-1072 (Amazon). Also, they are really good for chatting if your computer allows that. Good luck with the process!

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 5:46:05 AM PST
P. Kennedy says:
So, I had this same problem, and here's what I did. Not finding a way to stop the videos, I just hit play, then skipped to 5 seconds before the end, and let the video run its course. When it was finished, I refreshed the page, and the video had effectively been stopped. Then, I could access my other videos. It seems that with the possible exception of a long-term timer, until you actually finish a video, it isn't "stopped." Hope this helps.

Posted on Apr 28, 2014 12:01:20 AM PDT
user001 says:
I also had this issue, switching to silver light version helped.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum (961 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 14, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 28, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions