Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

How do I download my movies and shows on to my Android tablet? (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 25, 2012 5:21:08 PM PDT
John Egbert says:
Please help.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:44:39 PM PDT
what are you using to view the video on the tablet?

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:54:38 PM PDT
Sorry after rereading the question I don't think you can download the videos only stream. though if somebody else knows I would like to be able to watch something on my wifi only tablet on the road.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 7:11:33 PM PDT
"Prime Instant Videos
To find a Prime instant video, Amazon Prime members can browse Prime titles on the Video store homepage or search for a specific title in the search bar and look for the Prime logo. Tap Watch Now for instant playback while connected to Wi-Fi.

While Prime instant videos are not available for download, the same videos are generally available for rental and/or purchase and can then be downloaded for offline viewing. For Prime instant video eligibility details and more information, visit http://www.amazon.com/help/primevideo."

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:11:42 PM PST
Becky Koski says:
can I watch movies I've purchased as a download (not a physical dvd or blu ray disc) through Amazon on my wii?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:03:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 8:06:07 PM PST
Shelley P says:
There's another thread on this, but there is no Android App that allows you to stream any Amazon videos--Prime or purchased.

Amazon created an app for iPad, and will also for Windows 8. But it doesn't think Android users are worthy.

May I suggest Netflix and Google Play?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:59:23 AM PST
Leslie says:
Thanks. I guess I will start streaming on google or netflix. Amazon is not andoid friendly. I am not buying a kindle fire. My son already has one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 12:00:03 PM PST
Leslie says:
Thanks. I guess I will start streaming on google or netflix. Amazon is not andoid friendly. I am not buying a kindle fire. My son already has one.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 5:58:49 PM PST
I was able to stream movies on my nook tablet using the full amazon site. It was fantastic! Now that my tablet is rooted to be an android... I can't. Nook prompted me to download an equivalent to Adobe flash 11.0. It's still on my tablet - why can't I stream amazon movies anymore from the full site? Why is Amazon ignoring the many, many android users.

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 12:58:32 AM PST
Perhaps android users should boycott amazon since they discriminate against android tabs but allow ipad users to download videos. I spend a LOT of money on amazon. I'd bet the quickly growing # of android users do too. They won't do anything until it hurts their bottom line.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions