Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Recently Watched

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2012 1:05:43 PM PDT
Ted Blockey says:
Signed up and had to cancel immediately today for Amazon Prime because it is unusable for me without a recently watched or at the very list a Que. I am not going to search on my Blue Ray every time I want to watch a show. My 3 year old watches some stuff pretty routinely as well. Guess I have to stick with Netflix until they implement something like this. Of course not sure how I will find out when they do.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 5:34:15 PM PDT
Eugene Malan says:
Yes, no recently watched info is a deal breaker. I agree....

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:01:54 PM PDT
Completely agree! I hate searching for a movie that I would like to watch again. Plus, I think it works as a great parental control, as a deterrent for the family members to know that others will see what they watch.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:52:07 PM PDT
Peter II says:
I agree. I just found this post while searching for what is apparently a non-existent feature. : (

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:50:24 AM PDT
It's not that difficult to add and should be included. Do I recall which episode of my TV show I left off at? No; I bought a Season Pass and my life is busy. I don't remember if it was episode 4 or 5 or 6 which I left off the season on.

Is it that big of a deal? No, not really.

But I've come to expect it. So if I don't have it and someone else does, why bother spending time and energy and money on this content over anothers' that makes may life easier?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:03:04 PM PST
kari flom says:
Agreed. Just signed up for the service and was wondering where the watched list was. Now I know!

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 7:59:46 AM PST
Alice Marano says:
Pretty annoying. Have to reach for my wireless keyboard just to return to a movie the next day.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 4:05:49 PM PST
JohnDubya says:
In case anyone didn't notice, Amazon recently added this feature. Click on any link to get to "Prime Instant Video," and it will be near to the bottom of the page with the title "Recently Watched."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:15:36 PM PST
Nalu says:
Online at Amazon yes, but not on my bluray player, which is what we use to watch movies.

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 7:46:47 AM PDT
Sagisarius says:
Hi, Amazon has a Queue, it's called "watch later". it shows up on my PS3, the iPad app, and the Roku app. I use it all the time. Maybe it's just buried or not in your BR Player software?

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 6:11:56 PM PDT
Anything I have been watching or am in the middle of.... should be seamlessly planted somewhere for me to click. Period.

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 7:56:45 PM PDT
It's not easy to find (and it should be), but at least it seems that one exists now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/history

I'm not sure why, but I seem to be missing some entries there, but I do see episodes of shows I've watched, etc.

HTH!

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 6:03:19 PM PDT
M. Weber says:
Bummer I watched the 1st episode of a recommended show, but now I can't find it. Can't find it in my recent browses & not no longer in my recommendations..Next time I'll make sure I add it to a Watchlist.

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 7:14:08 AM PDT
Epi Man says:
When I search google for this quesiton - this is the first hit. So, since I found the answer I wanted to include the solution:

I found "recently watched". Customer service did not know how to find - but if you log in and go to the home page for instant video (not prime) it will be at the bottom. Like many things on amazon the presentation is not useful and you cannot find a complete list, BUT a big win over netflix - you can edit it if you want (remove shows you watched). Netflix has never and apparently never will let you do that.

Posted on Sep 14, 2013 9:04:20 PM PDT
Venu Kalyan says:
Recently watched

http://www.amazon.com/yourlists

Amazon

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 10:46:07 AM PDT
Wayne says:
Perfect. That's the best overall solution. With some platforms, such as the PS3, it's easy to remove things from the recently watched list by pressing the button indicated on the screen. With other platforms, it may be impossible. But with that link, you can always do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2013 12:30:58 AM PDT
Amazon has the "Watchlist" as their version of a queue.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2013 8:22:24 PM PST
Doesn't work, I just watched a couple of movies last night and today the "recently watched" is empty. If it works it doesn't seem to work for everybody.

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 7:36:09 PM PST
There are a few movies in my watched recently that the remove link is gone.
That's a pain. There are a few crap movies, I never want to see again.
I dont like being reminded of them by having them stuck there

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 3:34:03 PM PST
Sean says:
This does not work for me either. Why should this be that hard? I just want to see what has been watched on the TV, PC or iPad from my account on any PC I choose to log into my account on. For some reason Amazon remembers EVERYTHING I purchased and makes 1000 suggestions on what I'd like to buy next but cannot show me a list of previously watched instant views with time and date (dare to dream) Why Not?!?!?!? And in the off-chance this feature does exist, why is it so hard to find?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2014 4:08:02 PM PST
Marilyn R. says:
Have to agree -- this seems like a fairly simple and user-friendly feature request. I need to check time-to-time on what my under-aged children are watching. Amazon, you need to fix this.

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 8:26:04 PM PST
Can't believe this is still an issue for how long prime has been around. Xbox has a recently watched option, but not PC? terrible.

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 10:41:24 PM PST
Now Gray says:
Up until recently, if I pulled up a series - let's say Cheers - I could see all the available seasons, and navigate to them from each other season. In addition, the episodes I had watched were checked off. Both of these features have vanished. So usability of instant prime video went from about a 6 to a 0 in my book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2014 7:02:27 AM PST
I watch one tv series on Amazon. Until 2013 perhaps, there was no indication which episodes had been watched. Then Amazon began greying out the episode titles, making it easy to follow which episodes had been watched. That feature is gone as of 2014.

Also, for some series there were regular and High Definition viewing options. That appears to be gone as well.

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 6:46:55 AM PST
I watching a documentary I can't remember the name. And I am not able to find it. What is so hard Amazon to add recently watched list!!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  46
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2012
Latest post:  12 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions