Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Amazon Prime from iPad to TV

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 5:31:54 PM PST
Christina says:
Am I missing something? I can view my Prime videos on my iPad but I only get audio when I try and view them on my TV via iPad using a digital AV adapter. Is it not possible? I can view other streaming videos this way but not Prime? The audio is great but a picture would be better? Any advice??

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 11:10:35 AM PST
Greg says:
I have the same problem. I think it's because the Amazon Prime app doesn't allow video output from the iPad, no matter what format you use. I tried basic component video but I think it also forbids HDMI output if you buy the Apple HDMI adapter for iPad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:06:48 PM PST
Christina says:
Do you know why they don't allow it? They state that the iPad is a recognized Amazon Prime device. Why would they not allow video output?

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 9:59:44 PM PST
rbc303 says:
Very frustrating . I don't think I will continue past my free trial because of this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 9:46:07 PM PST
It's mind boggling to me as to why Amazon deliberately cripples streaming video from PC's, Mac's, etc and apparently wants to force customers to only view it on mobile devices. Don't they realize that we'll just dump their service in lieu of other providers like Netflix? Is it so hard to sell a Kindle fire!? I don't have one but is it so lame that they have to restrict their streaming video availability as a lever to sell them? Amazon video just isn't so great that I'd start watching movies on an 8" screen with an earphone in lieu of a 60" plasma with surround sound just because they crippled the software such that we can't watch in HD on our preferred platform. How can their streaming video be a hook to sell their pads and prime service if their policies drive countless millions of prospective customers to not even try it since it can't deliver HD quality on any PC's, Mac's or thye vast majority of TV's and Bluray players. Hard to understand that lame strategy. I wrote Amazon about it and they refunded me $15 on my Prime subscription. Big deal. I've been a hugely loyal customer and a stock holder. This Amazon business decision is very discouraging and reduces my confidence in their business strategy. Since my Prime subscription is now only good for shipping I may as well just buy Shoprunner instead. It provides much more value if all I care about is getting 2 day shipping.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 2:44:19 PM PST
tonyj says:
Not on the iPad!!!!!?????
But just look at the number of addresses who have the iPad! Those are all potential customers!!!!!
You fix the problem and your product Shipping 2-day coupled with a video service puts you in the forefront with Netflix and Hulu and not with Crackle. I'm sure the licensing and agreement fees or whatever this happy go lucky Copy Infringement nickle and diming era we're living in now would be offset by the sheer number of customers you would pull in. This is completely ludicrous.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 4:53:37 PM PST
LaSenorita says:
Here are system requirements and information to streaming to tv, looks like ipad is not on there :(
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201112530

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 9:58:34 AM PDT
annette says:
When I try to connect to amazon prime thru iPad 2. It says your Internet is currently using a http proxy and content playback not supported whe proxy is configured? Help. What does that mean. Thanks

Posted on May 17, 2013 12:42:04 AM PDT
I'm sick of Amazons petty pissing contest with Apple. What is a alternative to Amazon videos besides Netflix. I'm dumping Amazon Prime

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2013 10:19:41 AM PDT
Pamela Beer says:
Same issue I'm having. I did work when I first signed up, now it has stopped working. I have the same issue with Netflix and Hulu. Why did it stop working all of a sudden become an http proxy issue. I didn't have this issue before.

Posted on May 29, 2013 10:11:56 PM PDT
Hamza says:
DL the amazon prime app on your iPads and iPhones works fine or get a ps3 for your tv to watch prime!

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 7:01:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2013 10:17:26 AM PDT
The iPad to TV with amazon video app did work for me before I signed up with Prime. I get audio but with text saying video will not work with this app with HDMI or air? But it still works with just the iPad.

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 11:27:38 AM PDT
J. Lee says:
Get a roku box

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 9:40:38 AM PDT
Chip825 says:
I was having no problem using my ipad to show Amazon prime on my HDTV using Airplay until a recent Apple TV upgrade... Does anyone know if the Amazon prime App has to be updated. As soon as I switch to Airplay I get bounced back to my Ipad for video..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2013 10:02:05 AM PDT
Chip825 says:
Have one of those too... Just like streaming thru the ipad via Apple tv

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 12:02:28 PM PST
Came here checking to see if this was ever fixed. Apparently not. Such a shame because most of their movies are cheaper than iTunes or Verizon Fios. Plus they have a huge selection but I want to stream it to the TV and not have to watch it on the iPad.

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 12:02:29 PM PST
Came here checking to see if this was ever fixed. Apparently not. Such a shame because most of their movies are cheaper than iTunes or Verizon Fios. Plus they have a huge selection but I want to stream it to the TV and not have to watch it on the iPad.

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 5:05:42 PM PST
Come on kids let gather around the 11inch Ipad to watch a movie..... Flashback to the early 60s, way to stay up with the times Amazon!

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 7:57:43 PM PST
George N. says:
This is a restriction by Apple because they have a competing product offering via Apple TV

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2013 8:12:50 PM PST
L. Condolora says:
I don't think that is true, because it works fine with Netflix. I think this is Amazon's problem, not Apple's.

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 9:11:27 PM PST
D. Holland says:
Add me to the frustrated customer list.

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 3:51:40 PM PST
What Amazon has to say to all this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2014 12:51:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2014 12:52:38 PM PST
Go to the wifi you are currently connected to in settings and where is says off manual auto click on off.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2014 2:08:36 PM PST
LKW says:
I just updated my Amazon Prime ap on my iPad and it now works to play on my TV with the HMDI adapter. Yay!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2014 7:16:47 PM PST
Christina says:
Really??? My iPad is updated and I just tried and got nothing. You're lucky then.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 10, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions