Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

tv audio only via hdmi cable to ipad???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2012 6:07:53 AM PDT
Jayasmom says:
I can see my ipad desktop on my TV, even scrolling through my amazon library, and previewing other vids on demand. However, once I play my downloaded vid (sons of anarchy, season 5 episode 1).. the vid plays on my ipad, but I get audio only on my TV.
I also tried RCA cables, but I can't figure out how to get my TV to recoginze.
Any help???

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:25:57 AM PST
I'm having the same issue. I have cable matters iPad to HDMI adapter along with various sized HDMI cables. When connected trying to play Amazon Instant video, I see the video playing on the iPad, the TV detects the signal but all I get is audio.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:03:07 PM PST
Same here. YouTube videos play easily but with amazon app I only get the sound when my iPad is connected to the tv. I have all the correct cables!

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 12:14:52 PM PST
Same here.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 6:30:55 PM PST
Dan says:
The Amazon app doesn't support HDMI. Both video and audio for shows I buy from iTunes work for me via HDMI from my iPad2.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 10:15:36 AM PST
M. Tihansky says:
This is very disappointing. I can watch the amazon videos on the ipad 2, but I cannot play through the HDMI. You would think that a company like amazon would have this figured out. I signed up for Prime so I could watch movies, TV programs etc.. on my schedule. I am now considering alternatives.
Come on Amazon, WAKE UP and Catch Up!!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 16, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions