Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Amazon VOD app on Samsung blu-ray players?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 208 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 18, 2016 8:41:11 AM PST
I have a version tablet I can't get amazon app on ,I also a prime member. I would like to get amazon on tablet , I buy some supplies from Amazon. Joemcclain3317@gmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2016 8:22:57 PM PST
I'm confused as to how your tablet and email relate to this particular discussion about the Amazon app not being available on a blue ray player?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2015 7:13:31 PM PDT
Montani says:
I posted this problem in August. I am an Amazon Prime member too. What good does all the free streaming movies and videos do if the Amazon app
on my Samsung Blu-Ray DVD player doesn't work? The app worked fine until the app upgrade in August. I see no reason Samsung would have disabled
the app, but plenty of reason for Amazon to do it. Notice that Amazon has not responded to a single post on this site, about this problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2015 2:55:45 PM PDT
Steve Dearth says:
I am having the same issue. Samsung chat provided no help!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2015 9:18:33 PM PDT
I am a member of amazon prime. i bought this high price tablet.microsofe is carrier ,I expect to get mail besides google and app i use personaly. this isvinterfering with my wor I should have bought a kindle fire. I expect a good answear or get this tablet up and running.

Posted on Aug 16, 2015 7:22:48 PM PDT
Montani says:
My Amazon app worked on my Samsung blueray player until today, when it did an APP update. Now I can no longer watch instant videos using the Samsung DVD player. Who is at fault?

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 2:48:45 PM PDT
Conrad Allen says:
Amazon Prime causes my Sony DVD to lock up constantly. Have to unplug it to reset. Never a problem with Netflix.

Posted on Jun 12, 2015 5:51:49 PM PDT
penny ottens says:
I enjoyed the input. Looking for best BD with Amazon instant video?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2014 7:18:22 PM PST
Adam Sturm says:
Ditto!

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 4:44:14 PM PST
M. Varela says:
Add VOD app to Samsung BD players now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 4:56:32 AM PST
Why wont amazon respond and give us an idea since this is going on 3 maybe 4 years now.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2014 9:04:30 AM PDT
Patrick O says:
Not all models have it, and Amazon and Samsung are not likely updating those models.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2014 8:26:40 AM PDT
I have a Samsung BD-F5900 Blu-ray Disc Player I purchased at Amazon over a year ago. I have the Amazon VOD app on it. I have it hooked up to a not so smart 2009 Samsung 52" TV and it works great. I am able to use the TV remote to control the Blu-ray player through the HDMI hookup and it has turned my 2009 not so smart TV into a smart TV once again. So I am not sure why people are still posting complaints about it not bring available.

Posted on Aug 2, 2014 10:03:01 AM PDT
Ron Wessels says:
Is there a time frame for when Amazon VOD will be available for Samsung blu ray? It is important t me!

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 10:46:14 AM PST
Bravecat says:
I now have a roku box. Infinitely better than my blu-ray player with EVERY app. Signing ou of this forum.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 8:34:16 AM PST
Maybe other brands of bluray players have some sort of service patent on amazon VOD. What ever it is, would be nice to have openly explained. Meanwhile, I like amazon site too, so just use a sony bluray player. Don't really like the start page, but it does have my favorite apps. rrmjm

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2013 4:24:33 PM PDT
We are on a 30 day trial basis for Amazon Prime but only have Samsung Blu Ray DVD players in the house so we will probably have to delete our Prime Account since Amazon is so dumb.

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 10:59:18 PM PDT
They just deleted my blockbuster VOD App!!! I'm giving them until Black friday to get an Amazon VOD App before I smash my Samsung BD5500...

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 10:59:13 PM PDT
They just deleted my blockbuster VOD App!!! I'm giving them until Black friday to get an Amazon VOD App before I smash my Samsung BD5500...

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 10:58:08 PM PDT
They just deleted my blockbuster VOD app! I'm giving them until black friday to get an Amazon VOD & a Youtube VOD app before I smash my Samsung BD5500. I'll never buy Samsung again, and never buy from Amazon again either (because there's 2 sides to every story...)

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 10:53:05 PM PDT

Posted on Jul 1, 2013 9:38:50 AM PDT
As much as we can all agree on the back and forth, how about Amazon come into this forum with a commitment to bring an app for the Blue Ray Player by a specific date or provide a logical explanation why they will not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2013 10:22:51 AM PDT
Mary Eschert says:
Ronald, LOL. I know that Amazon is a great organization. I never said they were not. Furthermore, I'm sure that Amazon, you, etc. will do just fine without people like me in regard to Amazon's Prime Membership. I had already contacted Samsung before I had written my post here. Their representative replied that Amazon controls what machines get the Amazon App. So sally forth and enjoy your Prime Membership in any ole way you want.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2013 3:30:51 PM PDT
Spoiler1041 says:
I dropped them a long time back, why pay for a service that doesn't service you plus other PPV's offer HD.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2013 3:07:05 PM PDT
RonyV says:
Mary, Amazon is a great organization. Who cares if they have a link of not on the Samsung SmartHub. I have the same player and I would bet that Samsung controls who gets an app on their machines. Are you saying that you are going to cancel your membership in Amazon if they do not get an app on the Samsung machine? Well good luck with that. Amazon will continue to do just fine with out you and the rest of us will continue to enjoy the great benefits of being a Prime member.

Ron Vukas, Tampa, FL
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  131
Total posts:  208
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 49 customers

Search Customer Discussions