Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Stop Button on PS3 remote breaks Amazon VOD navigation (won't stop)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 9, 2012 9:13:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 9:17:36 AM PDT
While streaming a video if I hit the Stop button on the Sony PS3 Remote about 1/2 the time it doesn't stop the video. (And the other 1/2 of the time it will stop.)

When it doesn't stop it causes the navigation bar to show up on the bottom of the screen. Afterwards none of the navigation controls work. (It doesn't matter if I hit stop or any nav button again almost immediately or after waiting for a while. Once the stop button causes it to mess up it is messed up from that point forward for everything.)

Pause / Play / FFw / Rew do nothing. After you get it stuck in this state the video will keep playing and won't stop. (I tried to use the PS3 controller and it wont' stop it either.)

Other than powering it off using the PS3 button, I found that hitting the Circle button multiple times will sometimes back out of the video.

But either way the Stop button is corrupting the navigation system.

(I tested with with MythBusters Season 2 - Ep4 (Exploding Toilet), but it doesn't really seem to matter which video you use. Stop normally works the first time when you start Amazon VOD up, but then after that it is more random.)

Anyone else have this issue?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2013 6:10:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2013 6:22:21 PM PST
Tim says:
I have also possiblely had this issue. I some how get the PS3 into a state where no buttons work. Even the 'stop'. I wish someone would have responded with a solution. I guess I can reboot the PS3 and see if that helps. I am not sure if it is the Amazon App or the PS3 that gets something hosed.

BTW I have had some success at completely exiting the Amazon Prime application on the PS3 and then re-entering (without shutdown) and restarting the video stream. The Pause and Play start working again, BUT the location of your last playing of a video is lost and you have to re locate where you left off.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 9, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions