Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

iPad App for Amazon VoD?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 376-400 of 503 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 3, 2012 10:39:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2012 10:40:30 AM PDT
gito1956 says:
I came across this article: http://itunesnotes.blogspot.com/2011/09/use-photon-app-to-watch-amazon-instant.html I downloaded Photon for iPad, logged into Amazon and was able to access my video library!!! So now I have another way to watch movies on iPad besides Netflix! Woo-hoo!! Color me happy! :)

Be sure you download Photon for iPad, do NOT download Photon for iPod. Also, I had to change the flasher player setting from 1 to 6 for smooth streaming - it was a little jerky before I changed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 10:42:45 AM PDT
gito1956 says:
Actually, I can watch Amazon VOD on my iPad2. I came across this article: http://itunesnotes.blogspot.com/2011/09/use-photon-app-to-watch-amazon-instant.html I downloaded Photon for iPad, logged into Amazon and was able to access my video library!!! So now I have another way to watch movies on iPad besides Netflix! Woo-hoo!! Color me happy! :)

Be sure you download Photon for iPad, do NOT download Photon for iPod. Also, I had to change the flasher player setting from 1 to 6 for smooth streaming - it was a little jerky before I changed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 10:44:06 AM PDT
gito1956 says:
I came across this article: http://itunesnotes.blogspot.com/2011/09/use-photon-app-to-watch-amazon-instant.html I downloaded Photon for iPad, logged into Amazon and was able to access my video library!!! So now I have another way to watch movies on iPad besides Netflix! Woo-hoo!! Color me happy! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 10:46:48 AM PDT
gito1956 says:
When I first accessed an Amazon VOD after downloading Photon, it was a little jerky. But I went to the Settings button (looks like a gear) and change the Flash Player setting from 1 to 6, and now the videos run smoothly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 11:01:12 AM PDT
Photon is a clingy solution. Also, for me, I don't get audio.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 3:40:04 PM PDT
Rios2012 says:
amazon please make an app for prime instant video subscribers on ios

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 12:25:39 PM PDT
GadgetGetter says:
Amazon is not likely to do this any time soon, but we should still keep asking for it. I believe this will increase Amazon memberships, but the guys upstairs need to see numbers, until then, customers suffer with half way decent solutions like Photon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 2:37:12 PM PDT
Kirill S says:
They have on Roku, but not on apple tv, iOS, or android

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 1:58:10 PM PDT
M. Evans says:
an ipad app and a queue are all i need to dump netflix forever.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 11:42:48 PM PDT
my wife uses an iPad and laments the lack of VoD, while I stream through the browser on my Asus Transformer Prime. I'd love to see dedicated apps for both, but at least I can watch my movies on my Android!

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 3:48:07 AM PDT
G. Rhine says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 6:09:40 AM PDT
LaterDude says:
"I prefer movies on a 100" screen to 9"."

And who wouldn't but when I travel, which is a lot, it is really difficult lugging that flat panel tv through airport security. :)

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 10:19:17 PM PDT
C. Pratt says:
I actually think it should be fairly easy for Amazon to skirt the App Store subscription restrictions. Unlike other companies, Amazon actually runs a legitimate retail store, and of course Apple allows uses to make purchases through the Amazon app. Prime membership applies to their retail operations as well so they can easily sell the Prime subscription through their standard Amazon app. They could probably even link out from their VoD app to the Amazon app for people to subscribe. Even if not, just give iOS users a VoD app. If we want it and don't have a Prime subscription, I think we can figure it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 9:13:11 AM PDT
James says:
They do it with Kindle, just keep the store on the website but allow streaming & downloading of the content on the app.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 9:51:15 AM PDT
Twcooke says:
I downloaded on my iPhone the web browser called "Photon" which you can activate flash and watch these movies.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 9:07:26 PM PDT
L. Macks says:
Tablets are great portable devices, but what really burns me up is that you can download purchased content onto a PC or Tivo, but not onto a Mac of any sort (MacBook Pro, iMac, etc.). It's just archaic, like the olden days when almost all software was made for PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 11:10:31 AM PDT
austin_Larry says:
Well Amazon just released a cloud player app for iOS. Can a video on demand app be too far behind? I bought exactly ZERO video on demand products until Amazon released the PS3 software. Since then I have rented about 10 titles.

It is a win-win situation. I am not going to buy a Fire (fine product just not what I wanted....yet) based on watching Amazon videos on it. BUT I will buy even MORE video rentals if they release an iOs platform video app. Your call Amazon. Pretty clear to me how it should go.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 11:10:15 AM PDT
Dustin Park says:
Dear Amazon,

I want to give you money on this. Even charge for the App. I don't care. That way Apple and Amazon can make money. I want this feature for my iPad. I don't want to buy a kindle. I don't need a second device. Please make this happen. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 1:51:35 PM PDT
I do own a Kindle Touch and a Kindle Fire and I still want an app to stream Prime videos to my iPad.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 9:44:55 AM PDT
Average says:
Please make an iPad app ideally for downloading and streaming. If it were streaming only I might not buy anymore movies and tv, but I would rent and use Prime.

I have no plans to buy a Fire, I chose an iPad because it could and has replaced my old laptop. If Amazon doesn't remedy this, then I will continue to buy and rent from iTunes or wait for somebody else to sell iPad friendly digital content.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 1:07:20 PM PDT
Matt says:
Where's the iPad VOD app, Amazon? Don't hurt your customers by locking them into your hardware.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 3:48:02 PM PDT
Working Mom says:
Can you tell me how to do this? I downloaded photon but how do I watch the movies now?

thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 4:19:10 PM PDT
Kamakzie says:
When you get to the page to watch the movie hit the lightning bolt in the app.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 6:31:49 PM PDT
E. Byrne says:
M. Evans- amazon now has a queue you can add titles to and Photon works well for viewing flash. I know it's not an amazon app it works well enough until amazon gets it together.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 5:22:13 AM PDT
I know your post is months old, but you can solve your occasional missing PC problem by making an adjustment in your router. Use your web browser to visit its address (often 192.168.0.1 or 1.0 or 1.1), log in (sometimes the credentials are printed on a label on the router), and add a "DHCP reservation" for your PC. Your PC will always have the same IP address, and the PlayOn app will always know how to find your PC.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  303
Total posts:  503
Initial post:  Feb 8, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions