Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Amazon VOD app on Samsung blu-ray players?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 200 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 9, 2012 7:04:33 AM PST
If you speak to Samsung...they say to speak to Amazon. If you speak to Amazon....they say speak to Samsung. Someone draw a straight line and stop spinning us in circles. PLEASE! At least be real about what's going on. How refreshing that would be, huh?

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 11:25:33 AM PST
B. Silverman says:
This from Samsung support today:

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

We understand that you would like to have the Amazon video app for the TV.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Firmware is needed in preparation for the Amazon app and when the app is out of development it can be downloaded. Amazon is still developing their app at this time. When the app is out of development it can be downloaded via a firmware version update.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 3:55:36 PM PST
Catherine says:
Oops! I should have found this before I bought not one, but two Samsung blu rays. One of the reason I did: so I could watch Amazon VOD. Buyer beware!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 6:04:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2012 6:08:24 PM PST
Ken Drake says:
Silverman, I've been hearing that same story for over three months now. I'm just going to buy another Sony blueray player for my living room and then Prime Videos will be there likr the wireless Sony in the bedroom. I'm really disappointed with Samsung right now for this lack of an Amazon VOD app. It doesn't take that long to produce an app at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 12:40:56 AM PDT
Gene says:
I really hope that's true because it feels like Samsung has been dropping the ball on all of their bluray products when it comes to Apps.

Hope this doesn't turn out to be a Netflix problem... where Netflix only shows 100 episodes of a TV series even if they passed that (i.e. the show "24" has 200+ episodes and 8 seasons. They'll usually show the first 3 seasons on the list and then fill out the rest of the list with a mish-mash of episodes from seasons 4-onward until it maxes at 100 episodes total). Google it. It's still a problem even with firmware updates and contacting Netflix and Samsung (who just say that it's the other companies' fault).

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 7:53:13 PM PDT
This is disappointing... I was looking forward to being able to access the instant videos... but I have a Samsung Blu Ray

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 8:18:18 PM PDT
I have a Sony Blu-Ray player and yet the Amazon and HuluPlus as well as Crackle apps keep disappearing. I've asked both Sony and Amazon and neither seems to know why - if they respond at all. Anyone experience this (it happens after Internet Video Updates - which are random and uncontrollable) AND/OR know how to fix it?

Posted on May 4, 2012 4:11:35 PM PDT
chris says:
Amazon streaming is worthless. Doesn't work with my internet-connected blu-ray Doesn't work on my iPad. Sorry but I'm not buying specific hardware to get to specific content.

Posted on May 12, 2012 6:42:24 AM PDT
Sean says:
My new panasonic blu ray supports the Amazon App - right out of the box. I have a first generation Sony Blu Ray (can't find the support for that) and a Samsung Blu ray.... Amazon member since 1997 (basically one of the first).

Dude, common Amazon, apps are easy to create. I wanted to go all samsung (TV, blue ray) to keep everything simple and synced.

Posted on May 15, 2012 9:10:13 AM PDT
Ann Bryant says:
i just read that on samsung blu ray players you can add the yahoo app and it has the amazon app as a widget...i have not tried this yet but ons toms guide it is reviewd...so maybe that will work

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 9:04:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 9:05:48 AM PDT
Patrick Oden says:
How do you add the yahoo app? I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: Oh, I just found this only works with 2009 and 2010 Samsung products.

Posted on May 16, 2012 3:07:17 PM PDT
American Elm says:
For Amazon - I'm another guy with a Samsung Blu-Ray that would like to give you money.

Can we get a straight answer on when we will get an app for this?

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:45:16 AM PDT
I'd like to try Amazon Prime on my new Samsung Blu-Ray since I'm pretty fed up with Netflix. I wonder if I should have gone another direction with my blu-ray manufacturer.

Posted on May 17, 2012 12:20:36 PM PDT
Spoiler1041 says:
Try VUDU....... They have 1080I video and 7.1 audio.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 12:21:20 PM PDT
Spoiler1041 says:
Try VUDU. They have 1080I video and 7.1 audio.

Posted on May 21, 2012 7:01:46 AM PDT
How is the selection of current TV shows on VUDU. Current movies as well. I'm definitely interested. Thanks!

Posted on May 21, 2012 7:04:40 AM PDT
Oh heck. I just looked at VUDU a little more in depth. I'm looking for a one price unlimited streaming of videos. This doesn't suit me very well. With my kids watching all of their shows I'll have a $400 bill at the end of the month.

Posted on May 22, 2012 5:33:36 AM PDT
Bear says:
I'm also another Prime member wondering when Amazon is going to get this App for the Samsung Blu-Ray players. Main reason I bought Prime was for video for the family and it's pretty much useless without spending more money for more hardware. So for a warning to all the search engines out there.

Amazon Prime Video service Does Not Work on Samsung Blu-ray players!

There hopefully somebody will find that before they buy a Samsung or Amazon Prime.

Posted on May 22, 2012 5:41:43 AM PDT
B. J. Craige says:
well folks, I gave up & bought a Sony blu-ray player that will actually work with Amazon. Best of luck to you all.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 11:03:25 PM PDT
Sean says:
Just adding to the fire now. I would really like 2011/2012 Samsung products to be supported(TV/BDP).

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 10:12:38 AM PDT
Mark Walsh says:
Crud. Shipping back my new Samsung Blu-Ray player today. What frustration. Why can't Amazon release apps? First I get hosed by Google TV; now Samsung TV. I really really question why I even try to use AVOD. (Oh yeah, because it's free with my Prime).

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 9:34:33 PM PDT
Clive says:
I'm yet another customer wanting this feature.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 4:31:36 PM PDT
Just uploaded the latest firmware update for Samsung BDP1590. Blockbuster gone but still no Amazon VOD. Very disappointed in the lack of support. With this attitude, my next player WON'T be a Samsung.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 6:49:57 PM PDT
Bear says:
Agree with you there Karl! I have all Samsung and none of it will work with Prime. As things die there will be No Samsung next time and I'm not sure about Prime anymore also.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 6:54:18 PM PDT
Royal says:
We are still waiting. Lost $$$ here.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  125
Total posts:  200
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2010
Latest post:  29 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 48 customers

Search Customer Discussions