Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

No Amazon Instant Video for PS3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 199 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 8:10:14 AM PDT
But see, this is VERY confusing to me from a business standpoint. The entire purpose of the Kindle Fire was to get people to purchase their digital content. Amazon loses money on every single peice of Kindle hardware. It makes no sense that they would simultaneously have their streaming video content take a backseat AND count on it entirely to make up for lost revenue on the Fire. I would love to be a fly on the wall when these issues are discussed at Amazon.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 2:53:13 PM PDT
M. C. White says:
Just another /sign
As soon as Prime is available on the PS3, I'll be grabbing Prime. And since I will have Prime then I might be more apt to grab a Fire (which I've been contemplating for a bit now :))

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 5:12:38 PM PDT
nickdeck says:
Amazon needs to either fix this or tell us why. This is beyond ridiculous. If they're going to sponsor these forums, they should also monitor them.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 10:04:41 AM PDT
Madphule says:
I recently contact both Amazon and Sony on this issue:
Sony -
Thank you for taking the time to contact Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI). My name is Casey, and I would be happy to assist you with your request.
Unfortunately, applications must be developed and released by the publishers. This means that in order to get the service, Amazon must release the application.

Amazon -
Thanks for suggesting that we add PS3 to the list of compatible devices for viewing Amazon instant video's.
We're regularly working on improvements to your Amazon Instant Video experience. I've let the Amazon Instant Video team know you're interested in this feature. We try to make this feature available to our customers as soon as possible.
Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve the selection and service we provide.
It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects. Your valuable feedback will help us to improve the selection and service we provide and we're glad you took time to write to us.
We do value the feedback of our customers and make every attempt to integrate their comments or suggestions into our stores and procedures.
As always, please feel free to contact us should you have future suggestions, questions or comments. We have team of experts who takes into consideration each and every feedback of our customers.
Thanks for your feedback and interest in Amazon instant video.Thanks for suggesting that we add PS3 to the list of compatible devices for viewing Amazon instant video's.
We're regularly working on improvements to your Amazon Instant Video experience. I've let the Amazon Instant Video team know you're interested in this feature. We try to make this feature available to our customers as soon as possible.
Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve the selection and service we provide.
It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects. Your valuable feedback will help us to improve the selection and service we provide and we're glad you took time to write to us.
We do value the feedback of our customers and make every attempt to integrate their comments or suggestions into our stores and procedures.
As always, please feel free to contact us should you have future suggestions, questions or comments. We have team of experts who takes into consideration each and every feedback of our customers.
Thanks for your feedback and interest in Amazon instant video.

So it looks like the onus is on Amazon... Start e-mail customer service...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 2:55:04 PM PDT
The Rentman says:
Madphule, Great Post!

You heard 'em people. Call Amazon and worry them to death about it. If they get tired of hearing from us, maybe that will help things along.

Can't hurt to try.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 3:20:09 PM PDT
The Rentman says:
The problem is that Amazon is working on slowly, methodically building a Multi-Media Empire. With companies like Amazon, that typically involves baby steps unless their market research tells them otherwise. To use a cliche, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Here's an interesting overview of Prime and how Amazon uses it from Harvard's Nieman Lab:
http://www.niemanlab.org/2011/11/the-newsonomics-of-amazons-prime-moves/

This one I love from Time: "Amazon Prime Loses $11 Annually Per Member ... And It's a Huge Success"
http://moneyland.time.com/2011/11/14/amazon-prime-loses-11-annually-per-member-%E2%80%A6-and-its-a-huge-success/

Amazon is content to lose money on Kindle and Prime, just as long as we keep buying Blurays, Microwaves, TVs, etc. that Amazon makes their real money on.

As Madphule's post illustrates, Sony is waiting on Amazon to release the app. engineered for the PS3, as soon as they do, Sony says they'll be on it. I say we call Amazon and demand they do just that.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 10:02:49 PM PDT
Ugh...I'm on the same boat! No VOD for PS3?? Really!? Amazon needs to keep up.

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 1:05:28 PM PDT
this is the only reason stopping me from upgrading to amazon prime

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2012 1:38:55 PM PDT
PLF1953 says:
Well, I subscribe to Amazon Prime and have since the service was first offered.

I just purchased a PS3 and now come to find that I can't get my Amazon content (had it before on a Sony Blu-Ray) ...

So, I will likely cancel prime (or not renew) unless they offer an app for the PS3.

Sigh ...

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 12:09:35 PM PDT
End of this story
PS3: The First Console to Offer Amazon Instant Video
http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx2C4H1EJ5ZIOEJ

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 12:36:33 PM PDT
Thanks Ricardo, great news -- any word when the service starts?

-Matt

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 12:49:26 PM PDT
According to the PlayStation Blog, Amazon Instant Video is available now on PSN..!!

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 1:14:45 PM PDT
Yep, seems to work OK!

-Matt

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 1:21:47 PM PDT
R. Spencer says:
Finally. I still wonder who was holding it up to make it take this long, Sony or Amazon? I also wonder if an Xbox 360 version will be out soon.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 3:48:41 PM PDT
The Rentman says:
I am happy to say that Amazon finally partnered up with Sony for the PS3. My work here is done. Next stop: Where the hell is my HBO GO for PS3? The fight continues................

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 6:04:26 PM PDT
J says:
Woohooooooooooooo!

Thanks Amazon, even though it took a loooong time for this to happen.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 7:31:40 PM PDT
Madphule says:
Used it tonight works great. Good job!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 11:06:46 PM PDT
GadgetGuruLV says:
its here!! ps3 amazon instant video app!!! download now!

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 6:09:35 PM PDT
Enrique_1979 says:
I have the amazon prime, but I am outside the US. I also have the PS3, I cannot play any content from the video app @PS3. I cant download tunnel bear or media tunnel. Any help on this regard? thanks in advance!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 7:42:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 4, 2012 7:44:12 PM PDT
The UI is nice but the audio is crap. The PS3 sends out either stereo/5.1 in a 7.1 wrapper. So a receiver can't apply any post processing. With stereo content it's like TV was back in the 80's with only stereo audio(all channels dead except the FL/FR). And with 5.1 audio the rear surrounds are dead.
Audio is fine from Netflix, stereo and 5.1 is sent out properly, but audio from the Amazon app on the PS3 is a Major Fail.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 9:37:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 4, 2012 9:52:38 PM PDT
M. Ha says:
I logged in with my playstation network account, launched Amazon Instant Videos and it works. However, it's not linked to my Amazon Prime account so I can't stream the prime videos for free. Both accounts use the same email address. There's obviously a disconnect here. How do I link the two accounts?

Thanks in advance.

Update:

You have to register your ps3 at http://www.amazon.com/mytv and use the code displayed while logged into your psn account. My tv is not very big so I couldn't see the register device while logged into amazon instant video.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 9:51:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 4, 2012 9:52:23 PM PDT
Maverick says:
Hi,

Once you install the app you need to register your Amazon account. Then you will see a code to enter so your account is then activated.

I found it to be fairly straight forward when I activated my account, or I would have been more detailed.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 9:53:50 PM PDT
M. Ha says:
Thanks Raymond, I figured it out and then saw your post.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 4:09:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 11:19:42 PM PDT
Sidphx says:
I was unable to watch Amazon instant videos with my PS3. I would get TESTING YOUR CONNECTION then the message NOT ABLE TO CONNECT TRY AGAIN LATER or call etc. Well I think the problem was the fact that my PS3 date stamp was incorrect. In order to disable that stupid side-scrolling ad banner that Sony has installed on the PS3 I had set the year as 2015. [Almost sent my PS3 back on principle. Imagine if your new car came with such a thing on your dashboard every time you drove it? ]. Anyway...I reset the year back to 2012 and Amazon instant video now works. I am posting this as I know there are many others who have used this workaround to disable that invasive ad banner. FYI Netflix works fine with the ad banner disabled.
Your reply to Sidphx's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2012 6:49:22 AM PDT
Karl Friend says:
My PS3 is connected to my 7 year old Mitsubishi by HDMI to DVI. the system works fine for DVD's, but when I install the Amazon app, my video becomes total noise. The only way to restore is to turn the PS3 off and on again. Some kind of handshaking problem? Would a component connection work better?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Participants:  121
Total posts:  199
Initial post:  Jul 9, 2011
Latest post:  May 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 43 customers

Search Customer Discussions