Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

No Amazon Instant Video for PS3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-199 of 199 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2012 9:43:52 PM PDT
The Rentman says:
I'm not sure Karl.............I have Acoustic Research and MonsterCable HDMI cables in my Yamaha Theater setup that drives my Infinity Kappa towers and have never had that problem. Are you pumping the signals thru a Receiver or directly into the TV? DVDs, Blurays, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, etc. all work fine on my PS3 (with the exception of the occasional momentary picture drop/goes black)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2012 10:05:25 PM PDT
Karl Friend says:
same problem either way.
the tv is seven years old and doesn't have hdmi input.

Posted on May 3, 2012 1:46:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 1:48:00 PM PDT
Tigs says:
The video quality from Amazon streaming is horrible. Grainy garbage looking. I use Vudu. They stream in actual HD. Difference is night and day. See for yourself if you don't believe me. Watch a movie from Amazon in HD and then go and watch a free 2 min preview on Vudu. Sorry Amazon you need to fix your streaming. Oh and allow PC users to watch movies in HD while your at it.
Your reply to Tigs's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on May 21, 2012 5:38:42 PM PDT
I'm connected to prime on my ps3 but it wont play anything. It had been working. It wont connect instead it takes me back to the okay button screen

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 2:48:03 PM PDT
J. Aslanian says:
i also have this problem - worked fine since day 1 now as of may 21 it doesnt load/play anything. No router/modem issues. All software up to date.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 4:35:29 PM PDT
Sidphx says:
Check your time/date stamp, the date must be accurate...a long shot but that is one thing I found that will screw up the works.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 12:39:01 PM PDT
kevomag says:
I can't even find out how to enter the so called code to register my playstation 3

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 1:19:42 PM PDT
Maverick says:
From what I remember, it was easy. I believe after installing the app on your PS3, look for the link to register. I hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 5:21:15 AM PDT
Dsaje says:
Thanks so much! You just solved the issue that the Amazon rep I spent the last half hour on the phone with couldn't. I understand that they aren't PS3 experts, but they should educate themselves on the hardware they are creating these apps for. Hopefully they check these forums. Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 5:24:24 AM PDT
Dsaje says:
Thanks so much! You just solved an issue that a half hour on the phone with the Amazon rep couldn't. I understand they aren't necessarily PS3 experts, but if they are going to create an app to be used with specific hardware it would be helpful to familiarize their staff with that hardware. Hopefully they check these forums so that they may become more knowledgeable. Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 1:58:50 PM PDT
Sidphx says:
You're quite welcome, I too had spent a half hour with Amazon tech support without a solution. And thank you for the feedback. Forums like this one have often provided me with needed solutions so it is warming to know that I was able give back and help another. And as you say, hopefully they check these forums.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 4:40:23 PM PDT
Simple solution... Thanks Sidpx! That quickly solved my problem. Who needs tech support when you have the real answers here?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 7:04:02 PM PDT
where did you download the application from? i dont have it in my instant videos

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 10:03:16 PM PDT
eunice clark says:
Is this service compatiable with Sony google tv blu ray player

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:00:49 PM PST
Eggerton says:
You download it in the PlaystationStore in the video section

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:41:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 10:42:06 PM PST
The Rentman says:
The nice thing is that the full catalog of Amazon Instant Video (particularly to those of us who are Amazon Prime Members) has dramatically increased since the initial rollout. I find myself watching things on Amazon for free that I couldn't find on Netflix. So the Service seems like it's improving.

Now if we could only get HBO GO for the PS3 that we were promised LAST YEAR.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 7:18:35 PM PST
C. Hoffman says:
I can't not find the app on my ps3. I am in Canada. Is it not available here? If not why did it let me sign up?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2013 10:59:28 AM PDT
L. Dennis says:
This update advice helped me so much! It was a cinch after I read this. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2013 12:55:23 PM PDT
Sidphx says:
Glad to have helped.

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 12:32:59 PM PST
Our PS3 only shows Netflix as an option, how do I add Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2014 12:36:39 PM PST
Look in the PS Store under Apps.

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 2:00:55 PM PST
Sidphx says:
What SmokeNMirrors suggests.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2014 8:20:55 AM PDT
I don't see it...

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/fr-ca/rechercher/q=amazon?emcid=ps-se-718&utm_medium=Paid_Search_{ps}&utm_campaign=Playstation&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-se-718&utm_content=Brand

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2014 11:41:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2014 11:43:31 AM PDT
The Rentman says:
It's some time after the fact, but have you found the Amazon Instant Video app in the PS Store? This link describes the service and where you can find it in the PS Store:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000778121
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum (963 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  121
Total posts:  199
Initial post:  Jul 9, 2011
Latest post:  May 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 42 customers

Search Customer Discussions