Customer Discussions > Audio Book forum

MP3 Problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 18, 2013 9:21:47 AM PST
Wendy Wilson says:
I bought an inexpensive RCA "walkman" type player at WalMart that I could not stop and start in the same place. The good news is that it got stolen out of my car!

Next came a Sony Walkman, a NWZ-B172F for about
$38 bought in Cabo. No English support. This unit is fine EXCEPT that it will occasionaly skip a chapter and I can never find that missing chapter to listen to.

I am only interested in listening to audio books, what suggestions do you have, either for my Sony problem or a recommendation for another unit that I will buy when back in the USA. Thank you.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 11:00:07 PM PST
C. Hall says:
Well this is what I plan to get to listen to audiobooks~SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Black)

Right now I am listening on my laptop and/or my Kindle Touch,but I want a smaller 'take with me' player.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 7:34:22 AM PST
Wendy Wilson says:
I hope your purchase works out well for you. I would still like to have a response from those that have actual positive experience with a player OR can help me with my "chapter skipping" problem.

One additional question, for some reason I can not download from my computer to my player a WMA audio book, why is this??

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 3:48:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2013 3:49:11 AM PST
C. Hall says:
Thank you Wendy. This is not a very active forum unfortunately, so I hope you get some response to your questions.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 12:00:12 PM PST
Catfish man says:
Around Christmas I bought my third Sansa Clip+ (4Gb) for audiobooks, they ran it here for twenty-five plus I added a 32Gb expansion card for sixteen. The only problem I have with the player is the battery life is too short, but I bought a refurb unit (my second one) on a different site and learned that the thing they refurb is the battery, so that one has the shortest battery life of my three players. I can get about 15 hrs of playback on the newest one if I don't use the screen much.

Good news is that it plays most formats, including your WMA audiobooks (containing DRM from Overdrive), Audible, mp3, ogg, whatever format except aac. It's a good buy, but if you listen to a lot of books you need to charge daily.

In the MP3 Player forum there is a master thread about this "What's the best player for Audiobooks"
http://www.amazon.com/forum/mp3%20player/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3PM7DHAJJW0NW&cdThread=Tx3NDWMZA8D7RWR

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 1:28:47 PM PST
Wendy Wilson says:
Catfish: This is about what I was hoping to find. Good to know that you were able to play from different formats. Have you been successful getting books from a library?

Thanks for the link, I will read it. Have you had any issues with the player skipping a chapter or losing your place in the a-book? Thank you for the info.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 9:56:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 10:21:48 AM PST
Chris says:
I've had a 3GB philips psa sport for years. it's like a stop watch/mp3 player. it's really snug in the palm, and has nice comfortable earhook earphones, though it's probably well out-dated now. still works perfectly though. only ever used it for audio books with no playback issues that I can think of.
get about 12 hours of use before needing a recharge. the only snag is, and it's probably a big one for AB fans, is that it won't play audible's aa files. it's more aimed at people wanting to listen to music while running. plays wma okay though. I can only vouche for its reliability. mine's 7 or 8 years old, the new ones may play audible's stuff.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Audio Book forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions