Customer Discussions > Audio Book forum

Looking for romance audiobooks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 11, 2010 7:57:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2010 10:38:45 AM PDT
Lyn says:
I'm looking for good romance audiobooks.

I already listened to "Comfort & Joy" by Kristin Hannah and "To the End of the Earth" by Linda Howell.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2010 6:11:31 PM PDT
Slow Waltz at Cedar Bend is great

World Without End by Ken Follett

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

The Starter Wife

Overboard (this book is hilarious)

Bed of Roses

Posted on Apr 14, 2010 8:02:24 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 7, 2011 8:03:23 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 16, 2010 12:18:46 PM PDT
I second the rec of SEP. I recently listened to BREATHING ROOM, am listening to NATURAL BORN CHARMER NOW, and have MATCH ME IF YOU CAN in my shopping cart. I always smile when I read/listen to SEP's books.

I also enjoyed listening to Linda Howard's MR PERFECT.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2010 9:17:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2010 9:21:52 AM PDT
L. Shirley says:
Hello Lyn-
I really enjoyed two from Laura Esquivel
Swift As Desire read by Elizabeth Pena - not sure if you want tapes or cd - this is cassette, but I think I also saw a CD
and:
** RARE, ABRIDGED AUDIOBOOK: Like Water For Chocolate, By Laura Esquivel, Performed By Yareli Arizmendi (4 Cassettes) -this one is sold at several sites here, check for best price if interested. It is read by Yareli Arizmendi who I believe was in the movie made of this book.

also here is a link(copy and paste) for Amazon "Bargain" audio books in the Romance genre - some are bargains and some are not really bargains:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_n_20?rh=i%3Astripbooks-bargain%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A618075011%2Cp_76%3A1250218011%2Cn%3A23&bbn=1000&ie=UTF8&qid=1272324351&rnid=1000

There are both cassettes and cds on the list.

Glad you started this discussion, I'm definitly going to put the ones you and the other posters mentioned on my reading list too!

Laurie

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 8:09:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2010 8:14:43 PM PDT
Daniel A. says:
If you enjoy romantic erotica, I recommend Hypnotically Seduced by Hypnotic Dreams.

It's just become available on amazon, but the mp3 has been available on the author's (yep, that's me) web site for a couple of years, and the listeners have been very complimentary.

Posted on Sep 13, 2010 2:36:56 PM PDT
pov says:
Have you tried new Chekhov adaptations. Chekhov is one of the best story tellers in the world. Romance is one of his many specialities. These productions below also include Tchaikovskiy music. Reviewers have been comparing these to Monet paintings...Short Stories by Anton Chekhov: Bk.2: Talent and Other Stories Short Stories by Anton Chekhov: Bk. 1: A Tragic Actor and Other Stories Chekhov Stories 1 Chekhov Stories 2

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 3:50:04 PM PDT
Crystal K says:
I have read and enjoyed your other recommendations so thought I'd look for Overboard. Who wrote that - do you recall?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 3:56:58 PM PDT
Crystal K says:
I was wondreing if any of you know of a way to get an alert when a favorite author has written a new book and it is available on audio? Amazon sends me alerts for new books but if I typically buy the books on audible I don't get alerts. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 3:56:59 PM PDT
Crystal K says:
I was wondreing if any of you know of a way to get an alert when a favorite author has written a new book and it is available on audio? Amazon sends me alerts for new books but if I typically buy the books on audible I don't get alerts. Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 12, 2010 10:32:52 PM PDT
Gnomes Rule says:
Jennifer Cruise books are enjoyable in all formats, printed and audiobooks.

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 7:05:09 PM PDT
Mary Ward says:
About Love from Anton Chekhov Anton Chekhov About Love: About Love and Other Stories

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 4:28:46 PM PDT
Tina says:
I also love audio books. The unabridged version only. Johanna Lindsey is a romance writer. She has a regency period series about a family named The Malory's. Otherwise known as the Malory series. The series starts with LOVE ONLY ONCE. This is not one of my favorite romances from her. But I really do enjoy TENDER REBEL which is second in that series, and GENTLE ROGUE which is 3rd. She has a lot that I love from the younger generation, but a lot of people don't like them.

Also Julie Garwood has some historicals out on CD now. I am listening to THE BRIDE right now. This is a funny Highlander book.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2011 4:26:38 PM PDT
Winter Garden, Firefly Lane By Kristen Hannah (audio Books Unabridged Versions)

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 4:07:57 PM PDT
Victoriana says:
Lisa Kleypas' books, especially her historicals, are absolutely wonderful on audio, especially since most of them are read by Rosalyn Landor, who is one of the top audiobook narrators out there and is enormously talented at conveying the voices and emotions of the novels. You should check out her Walflower Series and Hathaway Series. Also her contemp series, the Travis series, is very good as well, although not read by the same narrator.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Audio Book forum (99 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Audio Book forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Apr 11, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions