Customer Discussions > Baby forum

Best High Chair with These Easy to Clean Components

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2011 8:53:56 PM PDT
Brooke says:
Okay, so my hunt for the perfect high chair is on. Right now I have a giant Graco nightmare, which has it's very good points, but some huge cons. I cannot stand the giant tray! I curse it every time I have to tilt it in my sink and spray water everywhere! I hate it's nasty cushion that gets grub all down in the hole that's where the bottom seatbelt comes up.

I want a smaller tray, but I also value a few other things as well.

Basically I want the Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster seat with legs and adjustable height and a different way to snap on the tray.

I love how this seat has no cushion and has a small tray with a layered tray on top and that tray has a cup portion (my little girl likes to place her cup in the hole). The size of the tray is perfect.

I will end up buying this and strapping it to a chair if I have to, however, I'm wondering if any of you have found a high chair that is similar only wiht legs?

Also, I do not like how the tray clips on with the booster high chair. I do like how my giant graco goes on smoothly from above (no lining up rails) and I can just place it down easily with it's two giant easy push squares. I love that it has height adjustment as well.

I noticed today the Oxo sprout high chair- I don't know how big the tray is, but the cushions are these rubbery pads I think and they look easy to clean. If anyone can compare this chair to my needs that would also be helpful.

Anyone on the same track as me and has figured it out?
Thanks!

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 11:38:17 PM PDT
Georgina says:
I purchased Ikea $20 basic high chair made of plastic. We take it outside and spray it down, it's super easy and baby likes it...it does the job with no fancy bells or whistles. Take the tray off and put right up to the table...not a problem. It's great!

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 7:59:08 AM PDT
S. Rusch says:
The Boon Flair High chair is a winner in our household. Easy to clean tray that fits in the sink. The chair itself is easy to clean, no cracks and crevices. And because it's on wheels (there is a brake) My prewalker likes to push it around while she practices walking. Low profile so it doesn't take up half the kitchen, and it looks like it's right out of the Jetsons.

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 9:35:27 AM PDT
Kathryn says:
I love our high chair! I know you said no cushion but the Peg-Perego Prima Pappa Best is amazing. I know it is $$ but clean up is so easy and it folds up for storage. Check it out... http://us.pegperego.com/babyproducts-catalog/2011/Prima+Pappa+Best

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 2:34:25 PM PDT
Brooke says:
Thanks you guys! I will have to find these at a store and check them out. I really appreciate the help.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2011 3:56:16 PM PDT
Shannon Raus says:
The Ikea is the best. My daughter has 10 mo. old twins and other daughter bought these highchairs and they are amazing. Simple, easy to clean and you can take them out and hose them off. I bought 2 also to have at my house - the price is definately right and highchairs carefree. Check them out.

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 1:59:42 PM PDT
C. Chang says:
I LOVE our Svan. Cushion is optional but they wash very easily and don't keep stains. Small footprint, though due to parental concern, they sadly increased the footprint by a couple of inches. I prefer the smaller version (we have both for each of our kids). My then 4-yr old loved his Svan so much that he said he would give it to his little brother when he was ready to sit on his own, but that he preferred to keep it. So we bought a second one. My 1-yr old is active and tries to climb up the Svan and it has yet to tilt over. It is wood, so a moit wipe cleans the surface easily. There are joints where the food can collect, but it's not bad at all. And best of all, it is totally adjustable so that you can get a lot of use. Our now 5-yr old still uses his Svan instead of a booster. So while others get maybe 1-2 years of use, we've gotten 4.5 years of use out of our first Svan high chair. And it is beautiful and a piece of furniture.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 1:54:03 PM PDT
Wendallyn says:
I just bought the Fisher Price Jungle Love (?) high chair because we were given a used Graco and the cover is nasty- and I can't find a decent replacement. The FP one I just ordered has a snap-in tray that you can put in the dishwasher for cleaning and also THE STRAPS can be washed in the washing mashine or dishwasher. My son has been chewing those gross old straps when his mouth is full of food (8 months, exploring everything!) and I really wanted a way to sanitize them.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 9:43:22 PM PDT
N.S says:
i love the svan!

www.babyrecs.com

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 3:02:30 PM PDT
My mom just got me the Eddie Bauer Wood High Chair, Michelle, Cherry wood and it's just simple wipe down.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 9:13:49 AM PDT
The boon flair is a great highchair. Easy to move around and easy to clean

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 6:57:42 AM PST
C. Thibault says:
Looking for a high chair that is very easy to clean, reclines and is on wheels. I can't seem to find one that fits all of these preferences. Any suggestions.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 1:32:41 PM PST
Dung Nguyen says:
Same boat as you. Looks like ez to clean is good with some issues though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 3:26:12 PM PST
C. DAmato says:
Is it safe? It looks very flimsy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 3:26:40 PM PST
C. DAmato says:
Is it safe? It looks very flimsy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2014 1:58:16 PM PST
Shopper says:
Did u find anything that u like

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 12:07:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2014 12:09:02 AM PST
lowrie says:
i recommend, OXO and boon is the top best high chair .see the top list .http://www.topbestreviews.org/category/baby/top-high-chairs
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Baby forum (563 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Baby forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Sep 19, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions