Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Basketball forum

Anyone remember 1981 NBA Coach of the Year Jack McKinney?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2009 9:24:02 AM PST
Yes, this is shameless self-promotion, but if you are curious at all about what happened to Jack after his near-fatal fall from his son´s bicycle in 1979, and how that accident, which occurred when he was coach of the Los Angeles Lakers (who went on to be 1980 NBA champions), you can read my memoir, Fast Break South, available to Kindle readers through this site.

Susan McKinney de OrtegaFast Break South: A Memoir of Running Away and Finding Home

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 5:37:50 PM PST
DarkJason says:
did your mom let you post this? you wouldn't want to upset your mother.

Posted on Dec 23, 2009 7:45:38 AM PST
Here´s the like to the video trailer to my basketball/Mexico memoir, Fast Break South:
Check it out!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2010 12:41:18 AM PDT
I went to grade school and high school with your dad. I knew your mother Clair and Jack's parents. After the accident I lost track of him and his career (in the papers). I did hear several years ago that he had a sporting goods store somewhere near Chester. I guess i"ll have to read the book to see what happened to "bones".
Mike Nordling
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Basketball forum (15 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Basketball forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 5, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 20, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions