Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Beatles forum

Release date for "On Air - Live At The BBC Volume 2"?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 171 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 28, 2013 7:51:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2013 9:21:29 AM PDT
Edit: question is now obsolete
On Air - Live At The BBC Volume 2 [2 CD]

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 8:49:11 PM PDT
R. Bone says:
There's now talk the new Volume is just to be an interview disk.........I Hope not......

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 11:40:54 PM PDT
R. Bone says:
http://www.thebeatlesrarity.com/2013/08/22/the-beatles-live-at-the-bbc-volume-2-coming-in-october-2013/

November speculation now

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 12:15:41 AM PDT
R. Bone says:
Rolling Stone has this quote "The new anthology comes as a result of the 2012 Listener's Archive campaign asking the public to donate home-recorded radio and televesion shows to the BBC, which didn't begin archiving its material until the late Seventies. "

Which could leave it open for a wider scope not just the radio programs.... eg. Audio from television appearences,concerts etc

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 12:19:52 AM PDT
@R.Bone: home-recorded radio and TV? I wonder just how good the audio quality is going to be on these...doesn't sound promising.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2013 12:29:54 AM PDT
R. Bone says:
It's all just spectulation.....But even if they just release a remastered 'Volume 1' they have the tools to clean up some of the 'worser for ware' recordings far better than they could ever in 1994....

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 12:33:38 AM PDT
@R.Bone: I hope so. It would be nice if even the original '94 release was cleaned up.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2013 1:39:32 AM PDT
R. Bone says:
They could have had cleaner/better sounding home recordings sent in ....Who knows what's out there

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 1:53:39 AM PDT
@R.Bone: I would *assume* that Apple wouldn't release an official new Beatles CD, if the sound quality weren't at least somewhat listenable by modern standards.

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 2:06:07 AM PDT
N. Parkinson says:
In 2012 Apple took possession of a few major upgrades of BBC material, and, so they say, some previously unavailable stuff. All the information from the internet comes from a chain form Rolling Stone via The Manchester Guardian via a Beatles fan site via Universal (Philippines), where the story was up for a day before being taken down. So no firm news, but the date bandied about is now October 10th. I would like to see more songs and better sources but I fear more interviews and the four 'orphaned' BBC tracks (Lend Me Your Comb from Anthology and the 3 new tracks from the 'Baby' It's You' EP) and nothing more. Well, it's going to be an expensive month....

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 2:26:46 AM PDT
R. Bone says:
I have heard an early incarnation of the 94 BBC release which is missing much of the chat and adding 'P.S I Love You,Twist and Shout,And I Love Her,I'll Follow The Sun.So those 3 Unreleased ones could still be added

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 3:13:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2013 3:14:25 AM PDT
N. Parkinson says:
The b**tl*g 'Unsurpassed Broadcasts' from 2010 is the best way to hear all the BBC stuff (hint a certain auction site will sell it to you on MP3 for ten bucks) in best sound quality- some definite upgrades (even Keep Your hands Off My baby sounds a bit better but it's still the same crackly original source), more material (some terrific interviews from 1967/8) and even some of the infamous 'Laughing' I'll follow The Sun session. But of course we're all going to wait for an official release.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 9:19:56 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 14, 2013 9:22:57 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 9:21:03 AM PDT
N. Parkinson says:
Nice cover

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 9:35:25 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 14, 2013 9:23:05 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 9:53:19 PM PDT
John D. Muir says:
My wife got hold of a set of boots from someone at her office which includes all the 'Pop Go The Beatles' radio show material (not the shows themselves, which featured guest artists, just the Beatles songs). The sound quality is terrible and was clearly recorded by putting a mic in front of a radio- lots of hisses, crackles and static. Such a pity that the Beeb didn't keep pristine copies of the original recordings; the shows were pre-recorded, so master copies did exist before being destroyed.

These recordings are better than nothing, but only just. I'd love to get decent copies.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 10:04:48 PM PDT
I wonder how many song of the official release are BBC copies and how many were from home recorded source's. Plus there may have been editing done on some of the songs, taken from multiple shows, though these may have come from BBC archives and not home recordings.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 11:48:08 PM PDT
R. Bone says:
the BBC would produce LP disks of shows to send overseas,some they have mastered from some of those. The rest were mastered from the 'home recordings', 'Bootlegs' which have been circulating since the 70's.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 11:51:42 PM PDT
R. Bone says:
'Keep Your Hands Off My Baby' had an intro created for 'Live at The BBC'
http://www.columbia.edu/~brennan/beatles/
The site linked above has a good description of the BBC tracks and what work was done to each recording for it's release.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 11:57:46 PM PDT
Thanks R. Bone.

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 9:59:18 PM PDT
R. Bone says:
http://wogew.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/dont-ill-treat-me-pet-dingo-ringo.html

Seems a rumor that Rolf Harris's Recent trouble may be causing delay to the BBC Release as 'Tie Me Kangaroo' may have been pulled from the tracklisting.

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 2:09:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2013 2:10:16 AM PDT
N. Parkinson says:
November 11th. 2 disc set. And they've even gone to the rouble of electronically restoring... George's tie...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2013 8:50:26 AM PDT
Which George - Martin or Harrison? Because if it's George Martin's tie ... I don't like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2013 9:48:43 AM PDT
Dee Zee says:
Vol 2 most def on my wish list.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2013 8:17:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 14, 2013 9:23:20 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Beatles forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Beatles forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  171
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions