Customer Discussions > Beatles forum

McCartney Time tribute issue

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 14, 2012 6:52:18 PM PDT
DKPete says:
Nothing too special here...very nicely done and good if you're either a completist or know nothing about Paul and The Beatles. Good pictures and well written....but is it worth the fifteen bucks?? Hmm.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 7:06:06 PM PDT
Music Luver says:
I may get the Stones one.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 12:25:50 PM PDT
Dr. Mikey says:
I just paid $10 for the Beach Boys issue. I'm half way through and enjhoying it. Not quite ready to shell out $15 for Paul. I didn't spring for the big Paul Ram set either, just the remastered Ram and bonus disc. A bit "underwhelmed" by the bonuses. Ram sounds fine, but I've yet to compare it with my gold CD.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 12:55:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 5:51:06 AM PDT
Dee Zee says:
I bought the Beach Boys one too. I went to Best Buy today, it's been awhile, and their CD section is now about 12 feet of case, pathetic but inevitable. But what I was going to say was that under McCartney there was about 20 CDs of RAM, both the 2 CD and single CD. Needless to say, RAM will be selling cheap in the months ahead as I doubt those CDs will move much.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 4:20:50 AM PDT
Happy birthday Paul! 70 years old today.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 5:51:53 AM PDT
Dee Zee says:
And I just wish he would stop dyeing his hair. It looks so vain and foolish.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 1:09:28 PM PDT
Dr. Mikey says:
Dee Zee, I agree. I think Paul would look much better and more distinguished with a salt and pepper look. He has gone back to that "henna" look that Heather Mills liked. Could be I'm jealous since I'm in the Pete Townsend, David Gilmour, Peter Frampton category myself.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 4:59:14 PM PDT
ED S. says:
Misery loves company guys...Dye that mop-top Paul! Do you want him to look like a Beatle or a banker?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 6:05:45 PM PDT
Dee Zee says:
I think men his age should leave some gray and they can dye ti rest. But to be pure dyed brown looks old in a weird way.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 6:10:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 6:12:33 PM PDT
Hey folks its his birthday, forget about the hair for one day! I too think he could let it go gray, or somewhat gray, but that's another discussion, today is his 70th. I guess the hair thing isn't that important.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 9:06:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 9:06:23 PM PDT
Dr. Mikey says:
Something tells me Paul can take it pretty well.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 10:16:58 PM PDT
Dr. Mikey, yes I'm sure he doesn't lose sleep over it!

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 10:54:52 PM PDT
Dr. Mikey says:
He shouldn't, since (imho) he is the most talented man on the planet. Stayed up late tonight, it being Paul's b.d., to pay tribute by listening to Ram - the original plus the 33 min of bonuses. Pure genius. Not totally understood at the time, but just to listen to the variety of SOUNDS Paul creates on ALL his albums blows my mind.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 10:06:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 10:08:18 AM PDT
Ringo has to be dying his hair (he's well into his 70s now) but it doesn't look so bad on him. I agree that McCartney can dye most of his hair but keep a little grey, it would look better.

I remember when Grace Slick stopped dying her hair (she went grey very early and had been dying it since the early 70s), it was shocking. It went from all-black to all-grey in an instant!

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 11:20:16 AM PDT
Dr. Mikey says:
I'm sure that Ritchie uses a little Just For Ringo on his beard. It is way dark for 72 (coming up July 7). The hairstyles of aging rockers is interesting. Some, like Ron Wood, keep the shag cut and have it really dark. Others, like Frampton and Gilmour have adopted my look (out of necessity). Haven't seen Rod Stewart in a while, but he has always maintained the shag. Along with Gracie, Joan Baez and Emmylou Harris come to mind of those going grey naturally.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 12:18:28 PM PDT
ED S. says:
Ron Wood wears a total full wig. He may have since the 1970's. So does Jagger.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 1:42:55 PM PDT
Dee Zee says:
Better so they can wig out.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 4:59:02 PM PDT
I didn't know Wood and Jagger wore wigs, is this really true?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 6:23:02 PM PDT
DKPete says:
This is news to me too. I haven't really taken a close look at Wood lately but Mick's hair looked pretty real to me on SNL recently.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 6:56:34 PM PDT
Dee Zee says:
I think Ed is pulling our chains.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:33:53 PM PDT
ED S. says:
I have believed Ron Wood and Jagger have worn wigs for decades. I have had other people make that assumption since the early 1980's. The length is always the same and they never get sweaty or droopy during a performance. How many of you have the same hairline since you were 25 years old? Charlie Watts has a massive bald spot that he may cover over with a weave. Richards covers up his receeding hairline with a wrap around his head. Now look at Jagger!!!!!
Remember Billy Preston and his afro. Remember when he lost his "hair" during a performance in the 1970's. It was in all over the music rags.
Jeff beck?
This is show biz. And when you start to lose your hair, you go to alternate measures meaning a weave or wig or partial hairpiece.
Hair extensions are very popular. Steven Tyler?
Axel Rose? Hair Plugs? Yes.

rugorreal.com/mickjagger

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:42:37 PM PDT
DKPete says:
Interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:44:33 PM PDT
ED S. says:
Now I ask you pesonally Pete....is yours "rugorreal"?

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:27:51 PM PDT
And these guys can afford hair restoration or transplants. Maybe they waited too long?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:34:33 PM PDT
Hinch says:
The price of magazines, like everything else, has gotten outrageous.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Beatles forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Jun 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions