Customer Discussions > Best Books forum

Best Book Ever

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1223 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 6, 2014 12:57:00 PM PDT
Shelby Ray says:
My Wolf's Bane by Veronica Blade and White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout I would have to say are to of the best books, along with Bound by C.K. Bryant.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2014 12:48:24 PM PDT
Gayle says:
Thanks. gm

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2014 12:46:44 PM PDT
Gayle says:
Thanks for the suggestion. gm

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2014 12:42:41 PM PDT
Gayle says:
Thanks for the suggestion. gm

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2014 12:41:29 PM PDT
Gayle says:
Thanks for the suggestion. gayle

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2014 12:35:38 PM PDT
Gayle says:
Thank you. gayle

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2014 12:32:24 PM PDT
Gayle says:
Thank you. Gayle

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2014 6:57:27 AM PST
Absolutely. Markus Zukas writes like a poet.

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 8:44:42 PM PST
Try THE BOOK THIEF.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2014 7:57:58 PM PST
B. McGehee says:
I agree with you.

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 4:54:50 PM PST
Matthew says:
'To kill a Mockingbird' and the 'Bible'. I really wished Harper lee wrote another book after 'To kill..'.

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 12:55:03 PM PST
gree says:
I would not classify it as "Best Book Ever" but I just finished John Grisham's Sycamore Row and recommend it very highly. It is the best book I have read in almost two years.

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 4:27:30 PM PST
Best books: Og Mandino, Greatest Salesman In The World & W. Clement Stone: Success Through A Mental Attitude.
On Amother note:
"Greatest living miracle in the world!"
"You are the greatest living miracle in the world!"
No one else in the world has your exact eyes, hair, fingerprints, personality, or DNA. The odds of your being born into the specific person and personality you are have been estimated at one in 225 billion.
You are the most unique person in the world.

By the age of seventy, the average human heart will have beaten twoand-a-half billion times. Your heart pumps over fifty-seven thousand gallons of blood every month. The heart is an amazing organ! There are people alive today who have lived 115 years-you do the math....
Suffice it to say that we are each a phenomenal working mechanism that still
cannot be duplicated.

No matter what our financial status at this particular moment, whether we have fifty cents to our name or $50 million, each one of us is an equally great miracle in the world.

We all may say we are special, but do you believe it with all your heart?

You are the greatest living miracle in the world. Once you realize this, you will begin to appreciate just how very special you really are.

Your eyes, if we could place value on them alone, are worth at least a billion dollars to a person who can't see. Your hearing ability and your ability to stand up and walk are awesome blessings.

The question is, are you acting like the greatest living miracle in the world?
Each of us was created by God. A true miracle took place in those nine months of gestation in order for you to be born. Now think about the following question very carefully:

If God presented Himself to you right now, and He just stared at you without saying a word, just studying you for a few precious seconds, would you feel proud about your accomplishments thus far in life?

Would you feel that you have used the miracle of your life to the best of your ability, or would you feel that you have cheated God, slightly or drastically, in return for the miracle He allowed to be performed through your birth?

What if, just possibly, we do live on in a special afterlife? What if we are left to reflect upon our lives in minute detail, second after second, and we must ponder this life for eternity? I don't know about you, but I already want to accomplish much more. You see, I do believe there is an afterlife. I also believe that all your relatives, friends, and acquaintances who have passed on to this afterlife are observing you, rooting for you,
and anxiously waiting for you to achieve greatness.
YOU ARE THE GREATEST LIVING MIRACLE IN THIS WORLD! Don't ever forget that!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2013 1:24:33 PM PDT
gree says:
Michael, I agree with both your posts. I, too, thought I would NEVER want to read a western. Boy, was I wrong. Be sure to read the sequels to Lonesome Dove. I especially loved Zeke and Ned. Also read his Pretty Boy Floyd, written with Diana Ossana. She brings some comic relief to his pretty heavy stuff.

Kane and Abel is on my list as one of my tops of all time. I also would like to find a similar novel, but they come few and far between, don't they!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2013 12:28:47 PM PDT
Mike D says:
Lonesome Dove is as good as it gets, even the mini-series on TV was fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2013 11:49:20 AM PDT
Kane and Able is also one of my favorite books. Wish I could find one similar. Love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2013 11:31:01 AM PDT
When a friend gave me Lonesome Dove I thought, who wsnts to read a cowboy book. I was pleasanty surprised. What great characters. I could not put it down. I highly recommend it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2013 10:48:35 AM PDT
Rod says:
Edward Rutherford is my very favorite writer . there is one other... forget his name but he wrote, "Drum's Along the Mohawk '

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 1:55:47 PM PDT
I know.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 1:52:32 PM PDT
gree says:
It said the same thing.

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 1:48:50 PM PDT
And I took both sets. Thanks so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 1:33:12 PM PDT
gree says:
Gee, where have I heard this? Do you think this is much better advice than my August 17 suggestion?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2013 7:26:31 PM PDT
B. McGehee says:
Margaret, I would go to Google & type in Scandinivian mystery writers. You will receive a list of the best ones. My local library has had all of the ones I have wanted to read. I have not read a bad one yet.

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 9:25:56 AM PDT
Beverly says:
The Orphan Master's Son: A Novel (Pulitzer Prize for Fiction).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2013 6:29:51 PM PDT
B. McGehee says:
Margaret, I'm sorry. I was supply you with a list os these authors. Time just got in my way. I am on a mission typing @ the moment, but will send the list ASAP. The ones listed are good titles & authors.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best Books forum (70 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
recently read best book 220 Jun 8, 2014
Christian authors. 0 Jun 8, 2014
The Light Between Oceans, (Stedman) 10 Jun 8, 2014
Best Book Ever 1222 Jun 6, 2014
Poetry 2 May 9, 2014
Looking for suggestions for a book that takes place in a Christmas setting. 1 Apr 30, 2014
Crime Fiction 157 Jan 2, 2014
Best books from the last 10 years 0 Dec 21, 2013
Best pick for a mystery book group 161 Aug 24, 2013
Best book by a new author 41 Aug 21, 2013
Suggest a children book! 1 Aug 21, 2013
Treasure by Les Pendleton 0 Aug 20, 2013

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Books forum
Participants:  638
Total posts:  1223
Initial post:  Sep 8, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions