Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 12:12:04 PM PST
L. magnone says:
The Passage

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:03:48 AM PST
Barbara says:
No..what is it about?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 2:51:21 PM PST
graite123 says:
I am 86% done with it. I was really turned off by it at first but continued and now can't put it down. I guess I am going to have read Twelve. It is quite slow reading and I am hopping Twelve will start out better, at least I will know what they are talking about.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:51:13 AM PST
L. magnone says:
Hi - i have no idea! It looks interesting but sick of buying books that i cant get into. Everyone raves about Fifty Shades of Grey, cannot get into it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:53:31 AM PST
L. magnone says:
Hi Susan- how far along did you get into it before you liked it? I put it down and then by the time i get back into it i forget what i read!!!! It is about vampires/or some virus ???

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 11:25:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 11:29:46 AM PST
Just finished it. Absolutely loved it. The Passage is a 'vampire' story but original, beautifully written and populated by memorable characters. It was almost (but being utterly original, not quite) a hybrid of two of my favorite books, Matheson's 'I am Legend' (vampire/virus, too) and "the Stand'.
A thrilling read if you can get into it (I think it hooked me around the carnival scene)

Enjoy!

PS: get a kindle and download book samples. If I panic when the sample abruptly cuts out, I know it's a winner. I either download (buy) it then and there or- if I can wait, or the kindle edition is just too expensive, I order it used.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 5:50:28 AM PST
V. Eleanor says:
Loved The Passage and I thought that The Twelve was easier to "get into". The time frame for The Twelve matches The Passage and that confused me at first. Had I seen how large The Passage was I would not have dared to try it. I later purchased the actual book. I also loved Mr. Cronin's other books, Mary and O'Neil (my favorite book) and The Summer Guest.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:45:00 AM PST
The Passage is like those darn "smokes." You can't shake it. I wanted to put the book down because it freaked me out, but it was too compelling.

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 10:29:30 AM PST
EWebb says:
Both books are excellent. Agreed that The Passage starts a little slowly but once you are hooked both are excellent books

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:46:34 AM PST
LJM VO says:
Read both" the passage" and"the twelve." Loved them both, cant wait for the third. I agree with Bettina. Download a sample and see if you like the sample first.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 2:20:21 PM PST
J. Cresswell says:
The Passage was 'hard work' to start reading but once you get into it its great, I went right out and bought Twelve which hooked me from the word go!!! Now I have to wait 'forever' for the next book - not happy Justin :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 3:56:17 PM PST
I LOVED this book, "The Passage" and immediately got the followup, "The Twelve." However, I'm disabled and on a very tight budget. I use my library as much as possible for hard copies, e-books and audiobooks. I'm in Washington State---30 counties have formed a cooperative for audiobooks and e-books, and it's all FREE. To find out more about audiobooks and e-books online from libraries, go to Overdrive.com. If I can't find it either at the library branch or online, I get a sample for my Kindle and if I can't just pass it up, I bite the bullit and buy the Kindle edition. Anyway, both of these books got 5 stars from me!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:39:50 PM PST
I actually read it twice. Once a few years ago, saw it again, read the cover and thought "this looks good". Both times a long slow read. Not sure if I will read the "Twelve"

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:46:59 AM PST
LJM VO says:
The Twelve is much better than the Passage, I think. If you like the post apocalyptical genre, you have to read "The Reapers are the Angels" by Aiden Bell. Has anyone read that book? It is a couple of years old now and I'm not sure it got much push from the publishing company, but that is a great read. Both my husband and I as well as everyone else that I've recommended it to has loved it. If anyone has Nook and can tell me how to lend on it I will put it out there.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 11:05:01 PM PST
jacham says:
Yes, I read it all the way through.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best Books forum (70 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Worst Book Ever Written? 417 Jan 19, 2015
recently read best book 220 Jun 8, 2014
Christian authors. 0 Jun 8, 2014
The Light Between Oceans, (Stedman) 10 Jun 8, 2014
Best Book Ever 1222 Jun 6, 2014
Poetry 2 May 9, 2014
Looking for suggestions for a book that takes place in a Christmas setting. 1 Apr 30, 2014
Crime Fiction 157 Jan 2, 2014
Best books from the last 10 years 0 Dec 21, 2013
Best pick for a mystery book group 161 Aug 24, 2013
Best book by a new author 41 Aug 21, 2013
Suggest a children book! 1 Aug 21, 2013

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Books forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions