Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Best Books forum

Suggest a Book!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 113 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:02:36 PM PST
I would recommend Perfect Peaceis one of the best books I have ever read in my entire life.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 12:12:49 AM PST
J. Powers says:
My pick for best find of 2012 is David Maraniss's new bio, Barack Obama The Story. It's big, short of 600 pages, but the farthest thing from dry academic. The story line is clear and smooth and I hate to put it down. Enriches my understanding of a great man of our time and the persons and cultural environments that influenced him. The level of detail makes me feel I am living the events myself. A must read for anyone with any interest in one of the most important people on the present-day public stage.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 12:18:17 AM PST
hailzuko says:
I am incredibly surprised that no one has mentioned 50 Shades of Grey, lol.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:55:21 AM PST
Mary Ellis says:
Want a good laugh,read Confessions of an Alley Cat. Mary Ellis

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:30:20 PM PST
I'm an 20-year-old undergrad student who's looking for new reads. I've read basically all the greats and what I consider to be my personal greats. I honestly don't know what to read next. Any suggestions? Open to most anything. Please and thank you!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 8:46:28 PM PST
G. L. Niles says:
The Strategic Intelligence of Trust
You could read this book, but if you're like everyone else, you'll think it's just too hard to understand. Or if you are interested in some really new ideas, you're not like everyone else and should give it a go.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 9:02:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 9:11:18 PM PST
J. Powers says:
One of my all-time great books is Gordon Aalborg's Cat Tracks. I have a 2002 hardcover edition 191 pages. Trouble is, I don't think it is still in print and it may be difficult to find used. Now, I am a cat person and this is a novel about the fictional life of a feral cat in Australia. Absolutely beautiful writing, I could not put it down and I had to reread it several times when I finished. But it is so vivid a rendering that it was exquisitely painful for me (because I am too empathetic) though it has an ambiguously happy ending. If you can find it, give it a try -- unless you just hate cats. You may even find it a life-changing read.
Hey, I looked at Amazon and it is available again, both kindle and paperback.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 9:14:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 9:15:20 PM PST
Jennifer - try Motherless Brooklyn. If it doesn't make you spit your drink out of your nose laughing, well, I can't help you.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 6:43:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2012 6:55:47 AM PST
Shock Exchange: How Inner-City Kids from Brooklyn Predicted The Great Recession And The Pain Ahead is unique ... compelling. It was just entered into The Economist Books of the Year Festival ... a "must read."

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 12:24:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 3:12:53 PM PST
E. Nevares says:
The Snow Child is a wonderful book, and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to spend some time with a fantastic fairy tale!

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 8:01:03 AM PST
Don Baron says:
I suggest "TheGoal of theGospel" by Bickel and Nordlie

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 5:53:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 5:55:36 AM PST
Mary Vitolo says:
My favorite books are from the Wyatt North Boutique Publishing Company. I have read several and find them to be of highest quality. They have never left me disappointed. I return to them over and over again as they continue to inspire me. These books are a definite must for everyone!

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 9:54:06 AM PST
BUCKWURM says:
IF you own a Kindle, try my historical/romance/suspense/intrigue novel CROSSFIRES. You can buy it amazingly cheaply on CROSSFIRES

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 10:11:32 AM PST
bibiri says:
Here's a book that fits the bill perfectly...HONEY ENGLISH will make you laugh and make you cry. Travel, Romance, Adventure and yes, uplifting...let me know what you think, it's on Amazon and Kindle too. BIBI

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 10:25:54 AM PST
Justice says:
Frank Lee says:
Whatever you do; DO NOT miss reading ."MANNY JONES and the PLACE". This is a Supernatural mystery you can't put down, and is a six book series comp[lete with original music on CD's or MP3's. The book is a must read. The music is different and great as well. Definitely a Supernatural Thriller written in a Hitchcockian type style. GREAT READ!!!!!

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 10:36:56 AM PST
Justice says:
Frankie Lee says:
Hey, I found the Manny Jones Series by: ELI JUST!!!! HEY!!!!! ;)

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 12:17:04 PM PST
A Walk through Afghanistan....fantastic true account.
Also Dream of the Turqouise Bee....fiction based upon recent experience....great read about Tibet
Zeitoun by David Eggars....cannot put it down.
Sissy Spacek's new little autobiography....unbelieveably touching

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 12:21:36 PM PST
Forgot to mention: Beyond the Beautiful Forever (s)? by Bo

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 12:37:19 PM PST
Leningrad: Tragedy of a City Under Seige....Reid

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 6:39:34 PM PST
Nanee says:
Rhythm and Blue by Tfc Parks great contemporary romance, nothing out there like this, not your typical Romance so much better!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:57:53 AM PST
bibiri says:
For another non typical romance have you read Honey English by B. Benson? Amazing true stories linked by love and betrayal. It's a perfect holiday gift..btw...does anyone know how to give a book on Kindle as a gift?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 8:34:19 AM PST
angela says:
As a biochemist and 40 year Chinese Medical Doctor I totally agree with you! Not only are trust and honest integrity biological, they are the very fabric of our physical kidney and bladder and their function. You may be interested in reading more about these ideas with an extensive bibliography to back up your ideas in my new publication: "Relationshifting: Tools for living Quantum Resplendency" Dr. Angela Longo...my web sites and book have plenty of clinical testimonials to support your ideas. I look forward to reading your book and would review for you if you like!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 9:31:16 AM PST
snowbird says:
I agree, this was one of my favorite books that I read this year. My book club read it and we all agreed. We all learned something from it also.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 9:38:47 AM PST
Peggy C. says:
Try reading a book called Promise Me This! Although it was written about the time of the Titanic (1912) it isn't historical but was very uplifting - you wanted to cheer when you got to the end!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 7:43:36 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 7, 2012 8:29:14 PM PST]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best Books forum (72 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Soon to be released Epic fantasies!! 0 Jan 24, 2016
Dramatic love book 0 Oct 29, 2015
recently read best book 221 Aug 20, 2015
Worst Book Ever Written? 422 Jul 12, 2015
Best book by a new author 42 Jun 15, 2015
Christian authors. 0 Jun 8, 2014
The Light Between Oceans, (Stedman) 10 Jun 8, 2014
Best Book Ever 1222 Jun 6, 2014
Poetry 2 May 9, 2014
Looking for suggestions for a book that takes place in a Christmas setting. 1 Apr 30, 2014
Crime Fiction 157 Jan 2, 2014
Best books from the last 10 years 0 Dec 21, 2013

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Books forum
Participants:  81
Total posts:  113
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions