Customer Discussions > Best Books forum

what's your favorite book so far?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 208 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 4, 2012 9:30:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2012 9:31:31 AM PDT
The Book of Bright Ideas. Marvelous, funny, heartbreaking and unforgetable.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 11:27:19 AM PDT
charleighann says:
My favorite has been 5o Shades of Grey-definitely a page turner, I've completed the trilogy. Waiting on more from the author.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 3:48:28 PM PDT
SASRAS89 says:
The Daughter of the Hummingbird is wonderful!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 11:24:55 PM PDT
Princess says:
I agree. This is a story about a young but very intiutive and psychologically minded woman and how she handles ( and improves ) the situation with a very damaged young man she loves. The relationship is one that could have turned into a very abusive one but this lady has very high self esteem and because of that and her never losing sight of her own comfort zone is able to find a way to be true to both herself and her love for the man she loves. A very suspenseful and encouraging set of books.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 4:51:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2012 4:54:09 AM PDT
Mary Reeck says:
"The Harbinger: The ancient history that holds the secret of American's future" by Jonathan Cahn. It answers the question of what lead up to 9/11 and the warning for America. If you like mystery, suspence and adventure you won't want to miss this one.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 1:30:13 PM PDT
The best book I have ever read is the Holy Bible. The Second best book is The Shack by William P. Young. Read it and you will see what I mean.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 1:02:29 AM PDT
I do not read books at all
but I don't know how I read this book and I can't stop thinking about it.
three sequals so far I hope it never stops.

Alice in Deadland

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 6:02:26 AM PDT
B. Powers says:
I tried to read The Shack right after my son died. I was hoping to find some comfort. I put it down halfway through reading it because the comfort I had hoped to find wasn't there for me. But then, I couldn't find comfort reading the Bible either after he died....I don't know why. I've been a Christian most of my adult life, not angry with God because my son died, the pain doesn't go away. After 4 years, I've learned to live with the pain and like to think that my son just lives someplace (Heaven) that I can't travel to for now.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 7:36:30 AM PDT
S. Olson says:
The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson. I kept checking facts and photos on the web about NK because the story seemed so unbelievable, but sadly it's not. This lead me to read the non-fiction Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea, by Barbara Demick, also an excellent read.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 9:32:16 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 8, 2012 9:37:18 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 9:45:29 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 8, 2012 10:09:57 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 12:29:56 PM PDT
Emmett Hoops says:
Best book I have read in the 20 years since I read The Power Broker (Robt. Caro) is Rising Tide: the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How it Changed America, by John M. Barry. I didn't thing anything like a flood about which I'd not ever heard much could have such an enormous impact on the present day, but I was quite mistaken. Read this book and not only will you be on the edge of your seat for much of the time, but you'll understand the essential political division in this country: those who think government is a force for good and those who don't. Amazing to see the genesis of this.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 1:37:20 PM PDT
SusieQ says:
I loved this book also.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 3:00:09 PM PDT
The best books for me, are those I go back and re-read over and over and get enjoyment from each time. Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion are book I can always go back and re-read. Anne Rice, the Vampire series, the Mayfaires and the books about the life of Jesus. The first 8 books in the Sookie Stackhouse series - love them - (book 9-12 not so much) Kim Harrison's Hallows series is pure fun even on third read through, Seth Grahame-Smith's Abraham Lincoln Vampire hunter was fun, educational and surprising, Stephen King and Dean Koonz - love his Odd Tomas series, for the newer book - Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth was great, I can't wait to re-read it.

I don't think I could just pick one.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 8:21:10 PM PDT
I liked it up to the end. It was good, but definately not the best book I have ever read.

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 1:16:11 PM PDT
eva pridgen says:
Blue Blood

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 1:20:05 PM PDT
I started with Gone Girl, thought it was great. Then I read Sharp Objects and was totally hooked. I just finished Dark Places : A Novel and they just get better and better. Two thumbs up to Gillian Flynn. Sure hope she keeps writing!!!

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 4:00:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2012 4:01:35 AM PDT
Gary Walsh says:
Ghostworld by David Brookover is a chilling and surprisingly humorous read.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 9:09:39 AM PDT
Linda 49 says:
I like all of Flynn's book but Kill Shot.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 8:25:57 AM PDT
shelia says:
Yes, Gone Girl was very good.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 10:25:23 PM PDT
Tommy says:
Definitely The Alchemist

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 11:14:49 AM PDT
MG says:
I hated Girl Gone. I just could not like ANY of the characters!

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 7:57:14 AM PDT
How about one that's free? The Count of Monte Christo - forms the plot of many modern books and dramas (Revenge on TV for example). Plus great atmospherics of the French upper class in its day.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 9:46:48 AM PDT
Liz Z says:
In regard to the 50 Shades of Gray trilogy I definitely think men should read them as well. We all would like our men to be
to some degree more of Christian Gray.

In regard to the 50 Shades of Gray trilogy, I think men should read them as well. Most people I know who read them agree
that they would love to have their men be a little more like Christian Gray !!! Written by E.L. James

great

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 9:55:05 AM PDT
Liz Z says:
E. Zoarski
In regard to the Fifty Shades of Gray trilogy I feel that men should read them too. I know that I would like a little of Christian Gray in my husband and so
would the many women I've talked to about the terrific books.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best Books forum (70 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
recently read best book 220 Jun 8, 2014
Christian authors. 0 Jun 8, 2014
The Light Between Oceans, (Stedman) 10 Jun 8, 2014
Best Book Ever 1222 Jun 6, 2014
Poetry 2 May 9, 2014
Looking for suggestions for a book that takes place in a Christmas setting. 1 Apr 30, 2014
Crime Fiction 157 Jan 2, 2014
Best books from the last 10 years 0 Dec 21, 2013
Best pick for a mystery book group 161 Aug 24, 2013
Best book by a new author 41 Aug 21, 2013
Suggest a children book! 1 Aug 21, 2013
Treasure by Les Pendleton 0 Aug 20, 2013

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Books forum
Participants:  172
Total posts:  208
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 38 customers

Search Customer Discussions