Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Best Books forum

what's your favorite book so far?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 208 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:34:52 AM PDT
bhb says:
ABSOLUTELY! He just doesn't write fast enough. An aside-the very thought of Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher just turns my stomach.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:04:22 AM PDT
DebbieBV says:
I've heard that the book One Pair of Panties "A True Story of Abuse, Survival and Victory was a very Good page Turner!!!

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:26:10 AM PDT
B. Powers says:
I have more than just 1 favorite. The first is a series, the Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon. There are 7 books in the series with an 8th be published in 2013. They are hard to fit in to a category. The series is a love story, with time travel thrown in. The author's historical research is every bit as James Michner. I also love Ayann Hirsi Ali's book, titled, Infidel. Infidel is he life story. It's a gut wrenching story...not for the faint of heart. To learn more about her book, her life and her mission, there are a number of on-line reviews. To learn more about her life's work, go the the website of the AHA Foundation. Finally, I love all of Karen Marie Moning's books but I especially liked the Fever Series. How's that for diverse tastes in genre?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:40:54 AM PDT
I agree -Tom Cruise is certainly NO Jack Reacher!! Mmd

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:03:48 AM PDT
dee says:
fifty shades books were awesome reads but i also found heaven and hell by kennith zeigler was rather a awakening exeperience dee a

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:15:09 PM PDT
Nike says:
The shoemaker's Wife is excellent!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:28:24 AM PST
Z. Michael says:
Try Proof of Heaven - seriously

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:39:02 AM PST
Z. Michael says:
This discussion is great, always looking for something new and surprising. I guess I am a complete book lovin fool!
Across the genres I go
Pillars of the earth - awesome and no doubt, Folliett is an incredible writer
I loved State of Wonder by Anne Patchett - great read
Read all of Larsson's Girl with Golden Tattoo series - excellent
Scary stuff loved..
Ghost Story - T.R. Freeman, Classic old fashioned ghost story
The Woman in Black - Susan Hill, another excellent scary tale
Try little known Rod Redux if you like the scary, first one I read was House of Dead Trees and just kept going with all of his books ( I had never heard of him)
One of my very favorite of favorites is Joe Abercrombie, even better than George RR Martin, although I do love him
Abercrombie writes such awesome characters, I am completely hooked on him. These books are in the Science fiction genre and maybe would appeal more to men than women, but what can I say I am a woman and I LOVE The Bloody Nine and Glotka, two of the most interesting people I have ever come to know. I can't reccomend Abercrombies books enough, just maybe not for everyone. Start with The First Law series - The Blade Itself, Before they were Hanged and Last Argument of Kings, then I read Best Served Cold, Heroes (just finished) can't wait for Red Country ( Nov.20th)If you like big strong men with real depth of character, you will love Abercrombie!

Also reading The Twelve - Justin Cronin, second in a three book series that began with The Passage, its going quickly and no dissapointment!

And yes of course Fifty Shades -improved with each book in the trilogy, as a woman you would have to be dead to not be affected..stirred, lets just say it improves the sex life. Can't wait for the movie on this one.

Man I am across the board on my love of books, I threw in Proof of Heaven last week, read it in two days...very interestingmay be helpful to those who have lost loved ones.

I always mix in some old classic's just read Tess of the Durberville's - wonderful, wonderful.

Who said Count of Monte Cristo? agree and Madame Bovary and of course anything Jane Austin and on and on with the classics

Need to get back to Folliett soon and will check out the recommedation of Cutting the Stone. Is that right?

I've left out a bunch, so many wonderful writers and so many wonderful stories.. for me reading is transportation, traveling to worlds alien to my own and being right there. I just hope to be traveling forever!

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 10:43:51 AM PST
Life is so good by George Dawson and Richard Glaubman is a must read for anyone who values life.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:50:44 AM PST
Destiny of the Republic. Incredibly well told story of President Garfield and the arrogance, incompetence and stupidity of his doctors. An assassin inflicted Garfield's bullet wound but the doctors killed him. A story about James Garfield - riveting? Yes, every page if you enjoy history. Candace Millard is a great storyteller, proven in her previous book, River of Doubt, about Teddy Roosevelt's harrowing trip down the Amazon.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:05:02 AM PST
2thfairy says:
Anything by WALLY LAMB, especially "I Know This Much Is True".
Both books by Khaled Hosseini, "The Kite Runner", and "One Thousand Splendid Suns".
Can't wait for his new book to drop on May 21, 2013, called, "When The Mountains Echoed".

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:35:53 PM PST
Where is the category BEST NON FICTION Book of the year or ever read?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:46:00 PM PST
You, Fascinating You
Hotel Noir

It's hard to choose just one favorite book, but I would advise readers to check out Pale Fire Press, a micro-publisher of "Books for Smart Readers."

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:49:39 PM PST
elky80 says:
One Second After by William R. Forstchen Riveting and eye opening account of an apocalyptic possibility and aftermath.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:53:26 PM PST
Mary V says:
My favorite book written by Jeffrey Archer is As the Crow Flies.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:57:30 PM PST
Frank Mundo says:
This Is How You Lose Her is my favorite so far this year.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:00:24 PM PST
Dream Hackers without a doubt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:02:56 PM PST
B. Graham says:
I wondered if anyone had the nerve to say this is a wonderful book. I read all three - I am 80 years old and I thought these books were just great.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:08:02 PM PST
dolly says:
The Glass Castle stands out in my mind also Unbroken and The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet kind of tells both sides of a sad time in our history

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:08:36 PM PST
dolly says:
The Glass Castle stands out in my mind also Unbroken and The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet kind of tells both sides of a sad time in our history

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:08:47 PM PST
dolly says:

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:08:58 PM PST
dolly says:

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:30:21 AM PST
Justine says:
Daddy's girl by Janet Inglis . Incredible book.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:30:24 PM PST
C. Malone says:
"Tattoos on the Heart" is a masterpiece of contemporary spirituality. It is a heartbreaking memoir by Gregory Boyle, a Jesuit priest whose life work is with gang members in Los Angeles County. The book is filled with joy and hope. It is tough and tender at the same time--a life changer!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:00:44 PM PST
Books by Brian Haig, Dennis Lehane, Michael Connelly
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best Books forum (72 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Soon to be released Epic fantasies!! 0 Jan 24, 2016
Dramatic love book 0 Oct 29, 2015
recently read best book 221 Aug 20, 2015
Worst Book Ever Written? 422 Jul 12, 2015
Best book by a new author 42 Jun 15, 2015
Christian authors. 0 Jun 8, 2014
The Light Between Oceans, (Stedman) 10 Jun 8, 2014
Best Book Ever 1222 Jun 6, 2014
Poetry 2 May 9, 2014
Looking for suggestions for a book that takes place in a Christmas setting. 1 Apr 30, 2014
Crime Fiction 157 Jan 2, 2014
Best books from the last 10 years 0 Dec 21, 2013

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Books forum
Participants:  172
Total posts:  208
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 38 customers

Search Customer Discussions