Customer Discussions > Best Books forum

Best Books of the Year So Far--Amazon Books Editorial Picks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 12, 2013 5:32:40 PM PST
p. says:
If you are looking for what may be the best new AUTHOR for 2013-with one new book out in 2012 December and another TWO ready to be published for this year...check out Hank Leo Jr.
His first book is selling great, it's a great read, and getting rave reviews, it's in many states, and locally it keeps selling out in our stores here in CNY! "Home When the Streetlights Come On" Check it out

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:40:53 AM PST
pat'spix says:
I looked at the reviews on amazon, and indeed your book has received good reviews. I'm looking forward to reading it. Sometime if we don't toot our own horn, no one else will.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 1:38:29 PM PST
R. Yeager says:
At the risk of immodesty, I might suggest my novel, The Romanov Stone, a combination historical fiction/contemporary thriller that's getting great reviews! Robert C. Yeager

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 9:28:26 AM PST
I loved Spillover.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:55:05 PM PST
lbugcoco says:
any reviews for "On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet"?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 9:20:11 AM PST
SHOCK EXCHANGE How Inner-City Kids From Brooklyn Predicted the Great Recession and the Pain Ahead is unique and compelling. Not only does it outlines the progenitors of the financial crisis, but the next recession to come. How can it be considered for Amazon's "Best Books" list?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:44:09 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 18, 2012 8:53:32 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 2:16:04 PM PST
pat'spix says:
Kenneth - I'm glad you found these posts helpful. I did also. Happy reading. If you live in a northern climate, it's time to stack the firewood and the books for the deep freeze!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:24:28 AM PST
Two comments. First I went through the list quite thoroughly and ordered six books a consequence. So the list was very helpful to me and I appreciate the efforts put into creating it. I was a bit dissuaded by the reader reviews for the Mark Helprin book, yet I did order one of his earlier books as a consequence of the list. This leads me to the second comment.

Out of curiosity, I went through the list one last time counting the number of books that the readers scored less than 4 stars - about 16 of them. A good bit higher than I would have expected. I think the 1.5 star Michael Jackson book is an outlier, but certainly most of the remaining 15 books would likely attract more serious readers, so I would hope that future lists reflect a bounce against reader reviews before publication.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:30:39 PM PST
What Book????????????????????????????????

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:15:42 AM PST
Loved this book! Running Ransom Road: Confronting the Past, One Marathon at a Time

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:50:31 PM PST
Sundered by Ruthanne Reid. It's an enjoyable read and the true message sneaks up on you.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:42:54 PM PST
Diana in SC says:
I'm glad that "Lothaire" by Kresley Cole was included in the list in the Romance category. That book rocks! This series keeps getting better and better!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 7:37:33 AM PST
You, Fascinating You
Hotel Noir

The Amazon team has overlooked two gems, both of which have received rave reviews.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:34:32 PM PDT
pat'spix says:
I've gotten into Michael Connelly's books about L.A. Detective Harry Bosch. He wrote The Lincoln Lawyer, movie starred Matthew McConaughey. Book was very good. Suspense! Will look at Ahab's Wife. Thanks for the suggestions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:29:07 PM PDT
pat'spix says:
Thanks for all the good suggestions. I'm going to Florida for Thanksgiving and my friend, who I'm visiting, has a copy of Gone Girl for me, so I've held off on that one. I understand it will have me up to 3:00 a.m. once I get started!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 2:36:10 PM PDT
Loved Ahab's Wife

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 7:51:56 AM PDT
pat'spix says:
I read The Good Earth by Pearl Buck (published 1931) for my book club. What a intimate and interesting look at China in the early 1900's. I would highly recommend it. Also now reading The Language of Flowers. Touching and poignant story of a young woman who spent her life caught in the foster system.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 7:29:17 PM PDT
Kiwi Lass says:
"Written in my own Hearts Blood" due out 2013.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 11:10:58 AM PDT
I agree with you!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 11:10:15 AM PDT
Gone Girl

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2012 9:17:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 26, 2012 9:20:37 AM PDT
xrayshelly says:
What is the title of the eighth book in the Outlander series? I can only find 7. Outlander / Dragonfly in Amber / Voyager / Drums of Autumn / The Fiery Cross / A Breath of Snow and Ashes / An Echo in the Bone

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 7:30:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 25, 2012 7:49:51 AM PDT
Diana Gabledon - "Outlander" Series. Eight historically based novels and each one a masterpiece. My husband and I read the series together (I stayed one book ahead of him and kept him begging for more) and what an incredible journey! Gabledon's uncanney ability will pull you in, to the point of being able to smell, taste and touch her characters. The series touched our lives and our marriage in a very real and powerful way. A love story NOT for the light-hearted, Jamie and Claire (main characters) are strong, powerful; yet fragile, gentle, complex lovers whose love will take your breath away again and again and again. Approx. 10,000 pages of WOW!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 9:22:11 AM PDT
Mari Malcolm says:
We on the Amazon Books team read and discussed several hundred different books, and you can see our picks here: http://www.amazon.com/bestbookssofar

You can also see our team's picks for the most intriguing upcoming releases of fall here: http://www.amazon.com/fallbookspreview

Our team's mission is to help make it easier for all kinds of readers to find their next favorite book, so if you don't see anything that resonates with your tastes, let me know here, and I'll offer some suggestions!

Mari Malcolm
Senior Editor, Amazon Books

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 11:10:52 AM PDT
D. trafton says:
I came to this blog to bet some good titles to consider and what's here? .....arguing...Ugh.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best Books forum (70 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
recently read best book 220 Jun 8, 2014
Christian authors. 0 Jun 8, 2014
The Light Between Oceans, (Stedman) 10 Jun 8, 2014
Best Book Ever 1222 Jun 6, 2014
Poetry 2 May 9, 2014
Looking for suggestions for a book that takes place in a Christmas setting. 1 Apr 30, 2014
Crime Fiction 157 Jan 2, 2014
Best books from the last 10 years 0 Dec 21, 2013
Best pick for a mystery book group 161 Aug 24, 2013
Best book by a new author 41 Aug 21, 2013
Suggest a children book! 1 Aug 21, 2013
Treasure by Les Pendleton 0 Aug 20, 2013

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Books forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions