Customer Discussions > Best Books forum

Vampire series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2013 8:27:25 AM PST
Kysunshine says:
Anyone have any suggestions on what vampire series to to read? I think I have read them all...lol

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 9:11:18 AM PST
pamelaaune says:
The Anita Blake Series by Laurell K Hamilton of course, The Argeneau Series by Lynsay Sands, Blake Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward, Love at Stake by Kerrelyn Sparks, Night Huntress, Night Huntress World and Night Prince by Jeaniene Frost, Queen Betsy by Mary Janice Davidson Sabina Kane by Jaye Wells Forever Vampires by Rosemary Laurey and The Blood Books/Victoria Nelson, Henry Fitzroy series by Tanya Huff There are more, but these are probably the best of them; Hope you find one you like and/or haven't read yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:31:46 AM PST
Beckster says:
pamelaaune had really good ones - Black Dagger Brotherhood is my absolute favorite. And all of the books by Jeanine Frost (Night Huntress and others) are a lot of fun. I'd also reccomend the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian. I highly recommend two others: Larissa Ione's Demonica series (vamps and others - very well-written and fun) and Nalini Singh's Psy-changeling series. That series is not about vamps but it's about different species and they're incredibly creative. Finally, I haven't been able to get excited about Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series for some reason but wanted to give it a mention. But definitely Black Dagger Brotherhood :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:55:14 AM PST
Kysunshine says:
Thanks I have read most of those. I will check out the Jeanine Frost Night Huntress series. A suggestion for you... Christine Feehan ( Dark Series). Also there is Rebecca Zanetti (Dark Protectors) Make sure to read them in order The are as good as the J.R.Ward series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:03:58 AM PST
Beckster says:
I've purchased the first of those on kindle but haven'r read yet -thanks!!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 8:55:34 AM PST
Well, I still get excited about Sookie Stackhouse and think Charlaine Harris has no equal. She doesn't do the typical vampire story. It's more like Vampire As Your (Scary) Next Door Neighbor!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:59:24 AM PST
Kysunshine says:
I like the sookie stackhouse books to. Have read all of them . I also watch HBO's True Blood. I still think Christine Feehan and JR Ward have those beat though.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 8:02:40 PM PST
LJM VO says:
Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire Series, hands down the best. Her series (I think it was 3 books) starting with the Witching Hour grabs you right away and you can't put them down. There are vampires in those books (Lestat mostly, though he is not a major character). Great stories!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 1:54:24 PM PST
Beckster says:
You got me hooked on the Dark Protectors. No BDB but incredibly enjoyable - I've knocked off the first one and almost finished with thesecond. Thank you!

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 3:16:28 PM PST
Kysunshine says:
I am so glad you are liking Dark Protectors. Have you read The Dark series (Carpethians) by Christine Feehan? They are great. When I got caught up reading all those I think I went into withdrawals. LOL Also Laurann Dohner has a good series. They are called the "New Species" I didnt think I would get into those but I absolutely loved them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 5:42:26 AM PST
Beckster says:
Yes I felt the same about the New Species - didn't think I'd like them and can't wait for the next one. I'm up to the third Dark Protectors. I haven't started the Christine Feehan books because I think there are about 20 of them? I remember with BDB I had to read them all at once so I'm afraid to start the new series. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 5:58:27 AM PST
Kysunshine says:
You sound a lot like me. Once I start a good book everything seems to be put on hold until I get them read. My husband has threathened to hide my kindle fire from me.LOL. Feehan has 23 books in the Dark Series. I go to her site offten to see when she gonna release another one.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 3:29:49 PM PST
Ducky says:
I really like the Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter (first book: Skinwalker). It is a whole different spin on vamps. I also like Molly Harper's Jane Jamison series. I think some call it Nice Girls Don't series. First book is Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs. She is a hoot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:34:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 3:36:30 PM PST
Ducky says:
I think Christine Feehan only releases one a year nowof the Dark series because she also does the Ghost Walker series and the Sisters of the Heart/Sea Haven series. She recently finished the Drake Sisters series and it ties into the Sea Haven series.They are all good. IMO

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 11:11:05 AM PST
S. Buck says:
Try the Blood Curse Series by Tessa Dawn. Her newest book in the series is just coming out.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:36:38 AM PST
Aside from the usual (Anita Blake, Sookie Stackhouse, etc.) I have found Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampire Novels to be intelligently written and attention holding. Just plain good story and great reading. Marilee L

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 12:30:15 PM PST
BookFanatic says:
The Vampire Academy series is a great series.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 12:42:30 PM PST
Beckster says:
Thanks to Kysunshine for recommending Rebecca Zanetti's Dark Protectors. I've read all of them and pre-ordered the next one. Highly recommend to others to try as well.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 1:41:02 PM PST
DRH says:
If you also like history try Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's Count Saint Germain novels. The vampire is the hero and very sexy, too. I will always love Anne Rice's Vampire Lestat books. The Mayfair Witches, not so much.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 3:17:21 PM PST
Sheila says:
Maggie Shayne's Wings in the Night series is wonderful!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 8:01:23 AM PST
Kysunshine says:
I have the next one preordered as well. I have also preorderedthe next Midnight Breed Series Edge Of Dawn. Cant Wait!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 8:46:16 AM PST
Another vote for the St. Germain novels, they're awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 9:08:19 AM PST
L.k.Hamilton ' s books. Anita Blake. Vampire hunter. I just loved them starts off slow. The best parts start at book 6 but all are good.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 3:48:08 PM PST
Kysunshine says:
I just read another vampire romance. Its sort of got a different take to what I normally read. Its "light reading" but one I couldnt put down. I stayed up all night and read it."Master of Whitehall' by Rick H. Veal. This book actually made me cry. Anyone else read it?

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 2:07:52 PM PDT
Ray says:
Sanctity

There are sample pages, please check it out!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best Books forum (70 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
recently read best book 220 Jun 8, 2014
Christian authors. 0 Jun 8, 2014
The Light Between Oceans, (Stedman) 10 Jun 8, 2014
Best Book Ever 1222 Jun 6, 2014
Poetry 2 May 9, 2014
Looking for suggestions for a book that takes place in a Christmas setting. 1 Apr 30, 2014
Crime Fiction 157 Jan 2, 2014
Best books from the last 10 years 0 Dec 21, 2013
Best pick for a mystery book group 161 Aug 24, 2013
Best book by a new author 41 Aug 21, 2013
Suggest a children book! 1 Aug 21, 2013
Treasure by Les Pendleton 0 Aug 20, 2013

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Books forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions