Customer Discussions > Best Books forum

The Light Between Oceans, (Stedman)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2013 5:37:44 AM PST
gypsyartist says:
I just started this book and already enjoying the first few chapters. It was recommended by this forum. Anyone that has already read it or would like to start reading it now and discuss your thoughts on it - please post here.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 5:12:24 PM PST
Donna says:
I really wanted to like this one, but sadly it's on my worst list. I can't tell you why without giving you spoilers.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 7:18:31 PM PST
gypsyartist says:
Please dont give me any spoilers. I'll let you know my take on it. So far, I am enjoying it.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 5:50:20 AM PST
Dot Bright says:
When I started reading this book I was not sure. AS I started reading I could not put it down. This book was what happens when Life hits us with moral decision that affects others,

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 6:27:37 AM PST
gypsyartist says:
Hello Dot: I am only 1/3 thru this book, so I appreciate no spoilers at this time. Lighthouses have always been such a mystical place to be. And living full time in one so far away from civilization has me intrigued. I have a feeling its not going to end well, and I really dont care for teary books. But, I want to stick with it if only to enjoy learning about life and living in a lighthouse.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 6:06:45 PM PST
gypsyartist says:
I finished the book and dont want to say too much to spoil the book for others. I do want to say that in the beginning I really enjoyed reading about life working & living in the lighthouse. There has always been a mystique about lighthouses. The baby on the boat at the same time as the misscarriage was a bit contrived. All that being said - I'd like to know how others feel about the ending when they finish the book.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 6:54:16 PM PST
Hi Gypsy, so was the end result worth the time spent reading it? Lola

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 5:34:32 AM PST
gypsyartist says:
Gee, I cant say without a spoiler. I think its worth the read, I'm just not sure how to feel about the ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 11:52:24 AM PDT
I liked it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 11:55:29 AM PDT
gypsyartist says:
How did you feel about the ending? I thought about it for a long time and I had mixed emotions. I guess until you are in that situation and are playing one of the major roles, it would be hard to know who was right.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2014 1:48:44 PM PDT
I truly enjoyed this book, but like so many, the ending was really thought provoking. Perhaps this is a mark of a truly good book when for months you are still thinking about it. Life is seldom what it seems and people are the some total of the choices they make.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best Books forum (70 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Worst Book Ever Written? 419 17 days ago
recently read best book 220 Jun 8, 2014
Christian authors. 0 Jun 8, 2014
The Light Between Oceans, (Stedman) 10 Jun 8, 2014
Best Book Ever 1222 Jun 6, 2014
Poetry 2 May 9, 2014
Looking for suggestions for a book that takes place in a Christmas setting. 1 Apr 30, 2014
Crime Fiction 157 Jan 2, 2014
Best books from the last 10 years 0 Dec 21, 2013
Best pick for a mystery book group 161 Aug 24, 2013
Best book by a new author 41 Aug 21, 2013
Suggest a children book! 1 Aug 21, 2013

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best Books forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions