Customer Discussions > Best of 2012 forum

Any 10cc fans out there? Discuss your 5 favorite songs.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 24, 2012 9:37:45 AM PDT
Any 10cc fans out there? Discuss your five favorite songs

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 9:06:40 PM PDT
im not in love

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 10:20:44 PM PDT
E. Dill says:
@Joseph G. Delvecchio:

I was a fan from the first time I heard the first song on their first album....ok, let the critics accuse them of being too clever (?)

5. Donna
4. Une Nuit a Paris
3. I'm Not in Love
2. Head Room
1. Don't Hang Up

#3 is an absolute beauty
#2 is naughty and clever
#1 is almost too clever for its own good but is so well constructed musically and lyrically. It's quite addictive if you latch onto it.

Needless to say, I guess, that my favorite album of theirs is "How Dare You".

ed

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 7:27:52 AM PDT
Mike Evans says:
HOTEL from "Sheet Music." I have original vinyl pressings of the entire American catalog. That's a fun song, and I love that album. Actually the first two albums are a lot of fun on that blue "UK" label before they made the big jump to Mercury.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 9:29:24 AM PDT
Yeah E Dill the critics frowned on their cleverness. I just thought they wrote good tunes that had unusual topics. I admired that about them. My favorite is Rock and Roll Lullaby. Graham Goldman's new album should be out soon and a new single tribute to his friend Andrew Gold is available and is very good , I just downloaded it. Would love to hear Eric Stewert and Graham get together again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 9:31:59 AM PDT
things you do for love is such an earworm! also 'cry' from the 10cc offshoot godley and creme is cool. i like 'rubber bullets too from the early years

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 9:37:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2012 9:37:30 AM PDT
John Casey says:
Une Nuit a Paris...I "air conduct" this song every time I hear it. Anything from The Original Soundtrack was outstanding but this one was a trailblazer in the symphonic bombastic genre.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 5:09:02 PM PDT
B. Williams says:
they only made 5 good songs...
things we do for love
I'm not in love
dreadlock holiday
wall street shuffle
cry

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 7:39:45 AM PDT
E. Dill says:
@B. Williams:

<<they only made 5 good songs....>>

Yeah, I know that shouldn't bother me. I mean, anything and everything you or I say about music is, by its very nature, subjective as hell. Still, the way you said it suggests objectivity.

Let's change it to "they only made 5 songs that I could appreciate, considering my own personal taste in music".

ed.

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 11:16:30 AM PDT
What, no love for "Feel the Benefit"?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 6:20:45 PM PDT
T. Bickle says:
"You've Got A Cold" some lyrics:

Foreign bodies in your Kleenex
You've got no taste at all
While your system is dyin'
The bugs are havin' a ball

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 5:39:48 PM PDT
Personally I like "I'm Mandy, Fly Me", "I'm Not In Love" "Feel The Benefit" "Wall Street Shuffle" and "Art For Arts Sake" in no particular order.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 9:53:18 AM PDT
I can definitely think of one favorite song.. that I liked a lot by 10CC and that was "things we do for love" I, didn't have any of their music on Vinyl when I first started getting into music.

Richard Janes

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 12:41:44 PM PDT
lowriderman says:
Sheet Music was the first album I heard by them and loved it all especially Wall Street Shuffle, Clockwork Creep, and Worst Band in the World, I then went back to their debut and found Rubber Bullets and Donna as favorites. There are so many others such as Une Nuit a Paris, I'm Not in Love, I'm Mandy, Feel the Benefit. Definitely a mid 70s favorite of mine

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 3:02:52 PM PDT
I need, to remember to add 10cc music to my want-list.. I, have a 59 page cd want-list.. I, have always loved music.. If, there ever happens to be anything, you're looking for be sure, and let me know. I, found a couple of really good sites that carry a lot of Import stuff.

Rich

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 11:00:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2012 11:00:56 AM PDT
Clockwork Creep
Rubber Bullets
Art for Art's Sake
I Wanna Rule the World
Dreadlock Holiday

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 7:42:48 AM PDT
soft boy says:
I'm Not In Love is so impossibly lush and quite unlike anything else in their catalog that I gotta give it the top spot. To much of their stuff is undercut by excessive cleverness, but...
Art for Art's Sake
Rubber Bullets
The Dean & I
The Hospital Song
...are the rest. I'm Not IN Love is their only perfect song, though.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 5:37:31 PM PDT
10 cc had some great songs. but the fwo I love best are their hits , I m not in love' and things we do for love. those are great pop rockers. first class.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 11:10:20 AM PDT
S. Langston says:
Sacro-Illiac/Oh Effendi. And all the rest before the Bloody Tourists album. After that......well. They, along with LIttle Feat, Robert Palmer, and Sparks, were my soundtrack to early college days and an antidote to the terrible BeeGees and ubiquitous Fleetwood Mac songs of the period.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 5:37:52 AM PDT
soft boy says:
10cc, Little Feat, Robert Palmer, and Sparks makes for an interesting line up of music. You must've had a fun dorm room.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 12:12:57 PM PDT
S. Langston says:
Yes, well, the less said about that, the better! It was late seventies, oh, those were the days! But today, at 55, my faves are The National, Chris Whitley, David Sylvian's older stuff, Infected Mushroom, Bruce Hornsby, Goldfrapp, Massive Attack, Awolnation, Wild Beasts. And always Bowie, and by god, Sparks are still cranking them out! So sometimes my kids come to me for ideas...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 12:31:10 PM PDT
soft boy says:
Still a cool variety. It always makes me happy to see us more mature folks keeping up with what's good instead of listening to the same stuff we did in our teens and twenties.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 11:43:39 PM PDT
Too many great ones for me to limit it to just five, but (so far) no-one else has mentioned two of my faves:
- How Dare You? (the instrumental opening that then segues into Lazy Days)
- The Second Sitting of the Last Supper

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 2:00:48 AM PDT
SteveMor says:
Hogwash! They had an entire peak of great albums from the mid 70's (I started on The Original Soundtrack, the whole album is great) all the way through 1978 Bloody Tourists. They had 5-6 great albums in my book, too many songs to choose more than just the hits. You are not a fan B. Williams!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 4:09:43 AM PDT
S. Langston says:
@SteveMor and Jolly Roger: You are right on both counts! I had forgotten about those two songs, and almost all the way to Bloody Tourists. But with that album, I had the feeling I was listening to a different band...not sure why it just didn't catch me in any way...like Deceptive Bends (although I realize the band was halved by this time.)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best of 2012 forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions