Customer Discussions > Best of 2012 forum

Best Madonna Album/ Song/ Music Video/Tour- Career Status!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 12, 2012 10:58:03 AM PST
Mikal says:
Madonna's Best Album: 'Like a Prayer' ; Madonna's Best Song "Vogue"; Madonna's Best Video "Bedtime Story"; Madonna's Best Tour: "Confessions Tour 2006'. Career Status: Sadly, appears to be OVER! (2012- Comeback Album Flops, All Singles Released Flopped & no airplay, flop movie, poorly received lacklustre 'MDNA Tour', Recycling old lyrics & looks)

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 3:47:45 PM PST
db says:
Who cares?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:54:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 11:02:24 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
In my opinion:

Best album - Ray of Light
Best song - "Frozen"
Best video - "American Life" (original uncensored version, not the crappy version with the flags)
Best tour - Drowned World Tour 2001

Career status - Alive and well, though not as culturally significant as it was in the 80's and 90's. MDNA album was a #1 Billboard album, "Give Me All Your Luvin" was another top 10 hit, all three singles from MDNA hit #1 in the dance/club play charts (extending her record as that chart's most successful artist). "Masterpiece" earned her another Golden Globe award. Top 40 radio doesn't play anyone above the age of 40 nowadays, so it's a miracle that "Give Me All Your Luvin'", "4 Minutes" and "Hung Up" got any airplay there at all.

At this point, Madonna has it made. She no longer NEEDS to be successful, unlike current pop stars like Lady Gaga, Rihanna or Justin Bieber. Clearly, her drive is not as strong as it used to be, but she's got other priorities now. She's past the stage where she needs to give it 150% (just like Barbra Streisand, Cher, etc). No matter what happens now, her legacy is complete, and she will always be the most successful female artist in music history.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:01:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 11:01:45 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Also, the MDNA Tour was a sell-out success, despite the ridiculously high ticket prices. It was recently named the most successful tour of 2012. By comparison, Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball Tour is having severe difficulties filling arenas even though tickets cost half as much as MDNA. Some tickets were seen going for a mere $24 on StubHub in a desperate effort to fill seats.

As a show, the MDNA Tour was also much, MUCH better than 2008's Sticky & Sweet Tour. She still definitely has it.

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 9:32:48 AM PST
J. D Edwards says:
In my opinion:

Best album - Ray of Light
Best song - HOLIDAY
Best video - GET INTO THE GROOVE
Best tour - LIKE A VIRGIN TOUR

The first concert was golden. I would love to get in a time machine and relive it. The Beastie Boys opened.. all the girls were dressed like M.
I would put "you must love me " as anther favorite. I'm not crazy about her latest live shows, because I think her brother was really the one behind the scenes
making those earlier shows magic.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best of 2012 forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 12, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions