Customer Discussions > Best of 2012 forum

Worst madonna album?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 41 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 4, 2012 2:38:10 AM PDT
what (in your opinion) is madonna's worst album?

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 1:08:24 PM PDT
all of them! every single last one!

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 1:14:07 PM PDT
Erotica or American Life both not very good.

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 3:54:06 PM PDT
Todd i agree on American Life but Erotica has a few really good songs like Waiting, Theif of Hearts and Words... :D

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 4:14:37 PM PDT
I have to go with Daniel here. All of them. A real no talent sleazebag. If you want to hear a great female vocalist don't bother even listening to Madonna. Her entire career is built on marketing and sexual innuendo. If she was appearing in my parking lot I would close the door and turn up some white noise.

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 5:13:30 PM PDT
Brian says:
ALL OF THEM!!!

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 8:15:41 PM PDT
MH says:
Oh easy....AMERICAN LIFE. The one I do not own. I was SOOOO pissed I sold it after 1 listen. She followed up her great "Music" CD with this piece of garbage. Lost so much interest in her. Even just as a club artist. She snubbed her fans thinking we would buy anything she released. Well it never even went Gold and she has not sold music like she use to since then. Karma is a bitch!

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 8:19:39 PM PDT
i agree William!

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 9:27:32 AM PDT
One World says:
Whoever said "All of them" are the worst people on the planet.... worse than Jam..... oh nevermind.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 12:13:10 PM PDT
EXACTLY!!! LOL XD

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 12:24:22 PM PDT
Jimmy Hardee says:
right on..it was just junk to add to her pile of money. notice how maverick died

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 11:53:29 PM PDT
T. Reed says:
Maverick didn't die it was SOLD...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 12:25:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 6, 2012 12:27:23 PM PDT
Brian:

Amen, brother!

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 11:14:38 PM PDT
Who Cares? says:
all of them
If she weighed 250 pounds she'd have never sold a single CD.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 10:07:05 AM PDT
David Kahoun says:
American Life and Hard Candy are pretty neck and neck on being the worst, but Hard Candy does have at least one good song (4 Minutes) to put it a little bit ahead. I'd have to get out American Life because I can't even remember a good song on it. Bedtime Stories is the third worst, but it does have a few gems. Otherwise I like/love all the rest of her work with Confessions on a Dance Floor being my personal favorite.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 11:14:49 PM PDT
DJ Control says:
One good song does not make a good album. Hard Candy is the worst closely followed by American Life or MDNA! Best album "Ray of Light".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 7:23:14 AM PDT
David Kahoun says:
I looked at American Life and it does have Die Another Day, which I do like, so in my opinion, American Life and Hard Candy are tied for the worst.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 1:26:53 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
In my opinion, Erotica, American Life and MDNA are all pretty good albums. Erotica, especially, as that record was way ahead of its time when it came out in 1992!

My least-favorite Madonna album (please don't kill me!!) is Like a Prayer. Aside from the title track (which is unbelievably great) and "Express Yourself", that album was pretty insipid. Plus never in her entire career have her vocals been so bad. Hard Candy is a close second.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 1:31:14 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
Her best album, IMO is Ray of Light. It is perfection.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 5:43:59 PM PDT
David Kahoun says:
No killing for not liking Like a Prayer. Everyone has differing opinions and I like to hear them. Just because one person likes a CD and another person hates it doesn't make one or the other wrong at all. Personally I would like Madonna to get away from trying to be like the current trends and be original. While I like MDNA ok, I think it is just another current sounding CD. I would love her to try her hand at some standards, or maybe a Broadway tribute, but of course in her own way. I loved the way I'm Breathless sounded, which was nothing like she had done before and it totally worked for me. I also liked the way she sounded on the Evita soundtrack.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 6:51:05 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
"Personally I would like Madonna to get away from trying to be like the current trends and be original."

I couldn't agree more, actually. I love MDNA, but at the same time I'm a little put off by her attempts to cater to the younger kids, competing directly with Lady Gaga or Rihanna, for example. Madonna is a diva, and she can still be fully relevant while being somewhat age-appropriate. But singing about "You can have the password to my phone!" or "I'm a bad girl anyway" sounds a little desperate. In fact, MDNA's best moments are where she's not trying to sound "cool", such as "Turn Up The Radio" or "Beautiful Killer". She should really try and do a proper follow-up to Ray of Light.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 5:45:55 PM PDT
W.H. says:
"American Life" was pretty bad--remember the "soy latte" rap?

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 10:04:59 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I appreciate American Life much more now than when it first released. Yeah, the rap was pretty bad, but on the whole that album just isn't all that terrible. It's one of the few Madonna albums (possibly the only one, actually) where each and every song had something to say. Plus Mirwais' production was flawless.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 11:28:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2012 11:30:40 PM PDT
gone says:
MDNA has too much darkness for my moods. Imagine the manic depressive hearing Gang Bang? The song titles also lost class. Vogue was so much more elegant, to name 1. Aside violence, the gun shots in song, and teenie bop vibe on some tracks irritate me esp Turn Up The Radio. It sounds like Hilary Duff and the video was just not creative or her. She used to set a trend now she is copying the trend. When I watched the MDNA Tour I was greatly offended. Bashing religion is a lack of respect to some fans. And bashing Lady Gaga was tasteless too. God is #1 is my life and no matter how much I love a music artist or album if she bashes God or mocks religion or offends then I no longer buy her music. MDNA was the reason she lost me as a fan. And when I saw her step on a crucifix on that tour that was it for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 11:36:13 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I'm really not sure why you're so offended by the MDNA Tour. Madonna did absolutely nothing on that tour regarding religion that she hadn't already done before. Wasn't the burning cross scenes in the "Like a Prayer" video enough indication? How about being hung on a mirrored cross wearing a crown of thorns on the Confessions Tour? It just seems kind of funny that you'd pay all that money to see Madonna in concert while knowing what kind of performer she is.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Best of 2012 forum (16 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Best of 2012 forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  Aug 4, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions