Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Biography forum

I'd like to read and review people's books. They must be non-fiction and interesting, though.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 15, 2013 11:34:54 PM PDT
My memoir was released June 1. Love Him Madly: An Intimate Memoir of Jim Morrison

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 10:06:38 PM PDT
Jenny Miller says:
I am the author of this inspirational memoir about the abuse I grew up with. It contains poems as well and is dramatic and heartfelt.
Sincerely,
Jenny Miller
Author
Remembering When

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2013 7:07:24 PM PDT
Dr Donna. says:
Hi Gaston. I would love for you to read and review my book which was posted only a week ago. I believe it meets your criteria. Take a look at the reviews for my book. Title is Shattered: Tragedy on the Mountain--living with traumatic brain injury and bipolar madness.

It is the true story of the aftermath of my late husband's horse packing accident in the mountains of Colorado. He was a nationally recognized bank president who after his accident went on a law breaking spree across four states while in an extended manic rampage. Everyone says it is a page turner. Love to know if you think so too. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2013 6:23:40 PM PDT
Gaston, please have a look at my autobiography "The Voyage to the Promised Land" by Will Keyes Byrne. Presently it is available on Kindle for $0.99 but I intend to put the price up to $9.99 in the next few days. WKB

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2013 10:50:20 AM PDT
Read my post of: Way of a Fighter by Claire Chennault. Robin Shelley dealfinancing4u@yahoo.com

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2013 6:07:12 AM PDT
Sofia Kasimu says:
I would like to share my inspirational story with you. I have written my first story and it is an autobiographical account of my life as a Congolese refugee in Tanzania, Mozambique and eventually, the United States. I traveled many miles and faced many challenges on this journey we call life and would like to give those living day to day hope and faith for a better future. it would be my honor if your review my book on your free time. The title of the book is "My Eyes Have Seen the Glory of God" and it can be found on both Kindle and Amazon. If you need a copy, feel free to contact me and I will send one as quickly as possible. Thank You for your time and Consideration.

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 5:13:22 PM PDT
Hi Gaston...My book "The Hanauer Family Before, During and After the Holocaust" is an amazing account of how I learned about my family's survival during the Holocaust. It is now available on Kindle and will be available through books on demand soon. I would love to hear what you think about my book.
The Hanauer Family Before, During, and After the Holocaust

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2013 9:22:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2013 9:22:46 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 8:07:31 PM PDT
Alwin Kalli says:
MAYBE GASTON DOESNT EXIST.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2013 11:35:20 AM PDT
Kay Pope says:
Hi Gaston, where do you post your reviews? best Kay

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2013 5:50:36 PM PDT
Mimi says:
Please read my book. It's not a long book read. It's a true story about a terminal illness I survived and the murder of my Lil boy. Please check out my book reviews on amazon. Looking forward to hearing back from you about my book. Author Edrina Victoria Gibson

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 7:46:33 PM PDT
Mediocre - Making Fun of Life, by Julie McCulloch Burton

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 8:45:08 PM PDT
Alwin Kalli says:
I am currently reading "Seductive Poison"-by Deborah Layton-A Jonestown survivor's lifestory including her close call with death at the hands of Jim Jones in the Guyana Jungle. She comes from a very well-bred German-Jewish family who came to the US, and has a very alluring way of drawing you into her very interesting and well-told story!
I am of East Indian heritage and was born in Guyana, so I was interested in the Jonestown mass suicide and her insider perspective. Just thought I'd pass this on for anyone else interested in this memoir.

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 4:54:52 PM PDT
Sophia says:
My name is Sophia Horbacz. I published my book and you can get is on Amazin.com. The title Sophia, My Life's Journey. A fascinating true story of my life from three years old to the present.In spite of all the strugles and difficulties of my life I was able to overcome all of them just trusting Jesus, my friend in need. I promise you be glad you have read this book.
Sophia Horbacz

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2013 2:05:55 AM PDT
Hi Gaston
Did you ever get round to reading my book which I told you about earlier? You can find it by searching for 'In Harmony Moragh Carter'. This is a fascinating story about an award-winning country music duo, relating their adventures on the road and, in deed, throughout their lives. They have gone from poverty to fame and fortune, and back again, with some remarkable experiences on the way. In Harmony: A biography of Jack Blanchard and Misty Morgan

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 8:27:18 PM PDT
Alwin Kalli says:
My Heritage- Memories of Growing up in Guyana, South America

I didnt intend to publish it, but Create Spacce's low cost encouraged me to try it. I have never published anything before, so I will take any constructive criticism. There is a Kindle Version.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 11:03:42 AM PDT
Laugh in the Face of PMS Diary

Appeals to both men and women!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 10:20:28 AM PDT
You might try: "ROGER TOUHY THE STOLEN YEARS" which is available on Amazon in both book and Kindle versions. It's a true story and a page turner, easily read and exciting. This is the autobiography of Roger Touhy who was a well-known bootlegger during Prohibition in the Chicago suburbs. He started out as a legitimate businessman but, after he became involved in selling beer, his life changed dramatically. His enemies were Al Capone (who wanted Touhy's territory), a corrupt Chicago police captain and an equally corrupt states attorney, all of whom conspired with a con man who was wanted in England and was trying to avoid extradiction by the U.S. Government to get Touhy out of the way. They trumped up a hoax and railroaded Touhy into prison and a sentence of 199 years! The efforts of those who loved Roger Touhy to free him finally paid off 25 years later when an honest Federal judge completely exonerated Touhy and declared that not only had he never committed the crime but that the crime was a hoax that, therefore, never happened in the first place. It was even pointed out that Touhy never had an arrest record or was involved in vice and drugs (as were Capone, etc.) prior to his false imprisonment. Roger Touhy was freed but the Chicago mob brutally murdered him only 28 days later in an ambush by shotgun. This is a newly released update of the book which was originally published upon Touhy's release from prison. But, the Chicago mob and others in high places prevented the book from being distributed throughout the country by intimidation of book sellers and by utilizing their control over the Teamsters drivers who were told to refuse to ship the books. Most copies of the book were destroyed by thugs and, therefore, it never was available to the general public in any great number. Roger Touhy's niece has re-issured her uncle's book and has written a new Foreward, Introduction and Epilogue which outlines the murder by the Chicago mob and others.

I think you'll find this story very compelling.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2013 8:56:53 AM PDT
Dear Gaston:
I've recently published a book in both ebook and paperback entitled, "So Close to Dying", a memoir of growing up in the 50's and sixties, culminating in my experiences in the Marine Corps and Viet Nam as a helicopter pilot. I've attempted to capture the universal angst of growing up, the turbulence and divisiveness of the late sixties in America, and my moral dilemma in choosing a path that would change my life forever.
Thanks for developing this discussion. Ed

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 2:24:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 2:35:47 PM PDT
Anonymous says:
If you have a strong stomach then this is excellent written Twenty-Two Faces and also a very unusual book. An excellent biography of a woman growing up unaware that she has multiple personalities, after a job interview in a psychiatric hospital she is admitted as a patient... a very courageous woman who does not want to be seen as a victim.

Alwin - I'd love to read that - Guyana really interests me
It's one of those books you re-read often.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2013 6:50:47 PM PST
You might find my book ROOM AT THE FOOT OF THE BED of interest as a non-fiction story of my family. It is heartwarming, sad, sometimes, funny, but all in all, a true story about an Appalachain family. Please read the sample.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 8:15:34 PM PST
Alwin Kalli says:
My Heritage- Memories of Growing up in Guyana, South America

I am new to blogging. Also a new writer. Writing a new memoir. Any critique would be taken as constructive-for growth.
Al

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 8:27:03 AM PST
Hi Gaston,
I would love you to review the book I had published three months ago. It is the story of the award-winning country music singers who I met after hearing a song of theirs on internet radio. That was the start of a close transatlantic friendship, which in turn led to me writing their biography after I got tired of trying to persuade Jack to write their autobiography. Their story is too fascinating not to be preserved in print.
You can find more about it at In Harmony

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 10:09:41 PM PST
Author says:
Dunwoody Journal: Reflections on Alzheimer's, Mid-Life Obscurity and Everyday Madness. An unusual book dealing with a growing problem: Alzheimer's. But unlike others on the subject the author uses humor to preserve his own sanity while watching his mother's slip away.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 9:08:58 AM PST
Greg says:
This review is from: The Arrogance of Evil (Kindle Edition)
The ones with no wisdom and full of pride, envy, gluttony, lust, anger, sloth, and greed are the ones that possess this evil covetousness and vanity with a craving desire to consume more than they can acquire at the expense of the people, investors, poor, and needy. These are some of our leaders, bankers, CEOs and Wall Street leaders. They are a bunch of little thieves and cowards who are immoral, good for nothing, and self-gratifying, and who illustrate disgusting behaviors and wicked human passions.DOMESTIC FINANCIAL TERRORISTS. They are fixated on themselves and they operate with avarice, sadness, anger, and vanity. They are sloths. This is a very serious problem. A lot of people don't understand the seriousness of their sins towards the poor, the needy, the middle class, and the people that they hurt intentionally because of their selfishness and through their corruption. The devil's mind is locked and cannot escape corruption or greed until he exhausts every mean of distortion via the wicked to claim his victims. The wicked in power follow with misguided decisions and false evidence of his intelligence to falsely prove that his judgment is right every time. The ingredients of this false cocktail distort morality and deliver completely unsafe solutions.
I believe 100% in capitalism, but not in capitalism through corruption and greed
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Biography forum (161 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions