Customer Discussions > Biography forum

What's all the buzz I'm hearing about "Dodging Machetes"?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2012 3:36:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 6:51:31 PM PST
Will Lutwick says:
"Dodging Machetes" on Amazon

Do you remember the last time you read a totally compelling book? The kind that's so addictive you just can't put it down till you've finished the whole damned thing. A book where you feel like you're watching a movie as you read? Don't take my word for it check out the reader reviews (average rating 4.95) on the "Dodging Machetes" page on Amazon.

And check out the four pro reviews so far - like the reader reviews, nothing but glowing praise, not a single critical comment. Here are some highlights but go to the full reviews if you don't believe me. (Sorry, you'll have to copy and paste the links.)

"In his beautifully written memoir...he shares thoughtful insight into Fiji's exotic history and society...Off-the-charts hysterical. An unabashed, candid memoir that continually entertains and educates."
--KIRKUS REVIEWS
https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/will-lutwick/dodging-machetes/#review

"An eye-opening story about love, loss, and discrimination...Not only is this an exciting memoir, but it's a great modern day Romeo and Juliet tale. You can tell that this book was a passionate labor of love. Each page is as addicting as the last, with great emotional elements driving the story. This is a great book for those looking for a well-rounded love story with a few laughs and a lot of heart." Five Stars.
--SAN FRANCISCO BOOK REVIEW
http://citybookreview.com/2012/08/dodging-machetes-how-i-survived-forbidden-love-bad-behavior-and-the-peace-corps-in-fiji/

"Lutwick's memoir is a fun romp through the tropics, featuring forbidden love and outrageous cross-cultural miscommunications. Part `South Pacific' and part adventure comedy, Lutwick's book is all heart. I cheered for him every step of the way."
--JULIA SCHEERES, Award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of "Jesus Land" and "A Thousand Lives" (This review was advance praise and is complete, thus there is no link to the full review.)

"...entertaining and thought provoking...This is a fine example of what a memoir can be...episodic, fast paced chapters. Once I started, I could not stop and yet, found myself thinking about his story and its themes long after the highlighted passages began to fade. If you enjoy a roller-coaster memoir, you'll love Dodging Machetes. It will probably win awards. Five stars. "
--PEACE CORPS WORLDWIDE by LAWRENCE F. LIHOSIT, author of the bible on Peace Corps memoirs, "Peace Corps Experience: Write and Publish Your Memoir"
http://peacecorpsworldwide.org/pc-writers/2012/06/17/review-15/

Check it out further on the "Dodging Machetes" page on Amazon.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:45:08 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 7, 2012 6:49:14 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:53:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 7:05:08 PM PST
Will Lutwick says:
OK, nobody went for the bait. It hurts of course, but life must go on and so it shall. In the time since I started this scintillating discussion with myself, about Dodging Machetes, I have participated in a couple of interviews that go into the story behind this critically acclaimed seriocomic memoir. Speaking of which, did you know that if you do a search on "seriocomic memoir" or even "serio-comic memoir" only one thing pops up. And brilliant that you are - yes you guessed right Dodging Machetes.

Anyhoo here are the links - one is a text interview and the other a podcast from a radio interview. Prepare to be enlightened!

LA Talk Radio - The Dodging Machetes Interview
http://www.latalkradio.com/Players/Starlafaye-092212.shtml

Digital Book Today Interview
http://digitalbooktoday.com/2012/10/22/author-interview-126-will-lutwick-author-of-dodging-machetes-rated-4-95-stars-23-reviews

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 2:49:28 PM PST
the buzz is that you are spamming your book
abuse reported

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 2:50:03 PM PST
abuse reported again

you are violating amazons rules

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 3:07:59 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 4, 2012 3:13:08 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 3:12:01 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 4, 2012 3:13:15 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 3:14:10 PM PST
that is not so
and amazon does delete them andor ban posters if they get enough reports of abuse

you need to read the rules

or ask in the moa forum
click on the link at the bottom of the page
they will straighten you out real fas t

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 4:30:12 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 4, 2012 4:59:04 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions