A biography that is a true page turner.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 103 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 7:55:10 PM PDT
"Mediocre - Making Fun of Life" by Julie McCulloch Burton

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 7:40:44 AM PST
DD1 says:
A Harem Boy's Saga - I: Initiation
This one is a real page turner. A compelling true story you won't believe. A young boy (also girls) inducted into secret sexual societies in their UK boarding school. Their parents didn't know. This book is a tell-all of one such journey. The students are then sent to the Emirates to 'service' wealthy and elite males and females. Warning - sexually explicit content!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:40:37 AM PST
Greg says:
WORLD'S WORST FINANCIAL TERRORISTS, THE DEVIL HIMSELF AND FRIENDS. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GOD IS LEFT BEHIND. While tens of millions of Americans, Europeans and all others around the world are suffering in the middle of a recession, the nations top banks paid out $144 billion in bonuses to themselves for 2011 and $147 billion a few years before. Half of the word's population (over 3 billion) live on less than $2.50 a day. The richest 20% account for three quarters of the worlds income while they consume at least 75% of the worlds goods. 22,000 children die each day due to poverty. 16,000 children die every day from hunger while Wall Street executives continue to enjoy their lavish lifestyles. Boycott Wall Street, boycott, greed, corruption and pride. Boycott this worldwide terrorism. A battle between good and evil. Corruption is interrelated with many other issues. Rich and poor countries alike suffer from corruption and greed. We have a global financial crisis affecting the middle class, the poor and needy. It is a major cause resulting in poverty around the globe. The world is going bankrupt. Wall Street is Washington DC and Washington DC is Wall Street. The book is about the world's worst financial terrorist, the Devil himself and friends and his grand plan to destroy America as we know it using corrupt, wicked, greedy and weak leadership causing an economic Armageddon. This is what happens when God's wisdom is left behind. Is it the end of times? What happens to the wicked? The author, a world class entrepreneur, developer, restaurateur and award winning music producer, having managed hundreds of millions in revenue over his lifetime, has dealt with financial greed and corruption at its highest levels around the world. This topic is seen through the lenses of a businessman and man of faith. A fight between right and wrong. 15% of all the profits from the sale of this book will be donated to Feed the Children. We want to contribute to the needs of others in gratitude.Show More
Show Less

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:46:19 AM PST
If you looking to become part of the story as you laugh, cry, wonder, and become inspired. This book will renew your belief in miracles and strengthen your Faith! Another Second Chance

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 11:13:35 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 13, 2012 5:41:38 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 10:28:51 AM PDT
Dave D says:
read "My life, a life story of a man infected" same story....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2012 6:20:03 PM PDT
Ladibug54 says:
I am with you Nora. I too think it is very self-serving for them to do this. It is very annoying. Before anyone pounces, no I have not written a book either.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 11:04:41 AM PDT
Tgatwwek says:
A Team if Rivals. Easily the best biography of Lincoln I've read. Lots of interesting stories within a story. Who else has read this and enjoyed it? Goodwin is a first-rate biographer. She's up there with David McCullough. If you like history and historical figures, you'll love this one!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 9:06:08 AM PDT
Dave D says:
Sounds like my life when I contracted HIV and lost everything..from rags to riches...2 houses and a career to dumpster diving....

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 3:15:45 PM PDT
Susan says:
I just finished Mafia Mother in Law and the reviews on Amazon are great. So, I gave it a try. OH MY GOD, this book is so heartwarming, compelling I stayed uo to 5:00AM to finish it. My best choice for the summer.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 1:24:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2012 1:25:02 PM PDT
Caran Dacier says:
"How Obama Lost America" by Donald Morrison.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 2:15:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 31, 2012 4:29:40 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 8:54:50 PM PDT
Tgatwwek says:
Interesting...your name is Jones also. Just sayin.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 2:27:35 PM PDT
I definately agree with you!!!

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 4:16:58 PM PDT
Will Lutwick says:
Almost every reader review indicates this one is a page-turner

Dodging Machetes: How I Survived Forbidden Love, Bad Behavior, and the Peace Corps in Fiji

"Lutwick's memoir is a fun romp through the tropics, featuring forbidden love and outrageous cross-cultural miscommunications. Part `South Pacific' and part adventure comedy, Lutwick's book is all heart. I cheered for him every step of the way."

- JULIA SCHEERES, New York Times bestselling, award-winning author of "Jesus Land" and "A Thousand Lives: The Untold Story of Hope, Deception, and Survival at Jonestown"

". . . an entertaining and thought provoking Peace Corps memoir. This is a fine example of what a memoir can be . . . Written with episodic, fast paced chapters it is intriguing. Once I started, I could not stop and yet, found myself thinking about his story and its themes long after the highlighted passages began to fade . . . If you enjoy a roller-coaster memoir, you'll love Dodging Machetes. It will probably win awards. Five stars."

-- LAWRENCE LIHOSIT, author of the bible for writing Peace Corps memoirs, "Peace Corps Experience: Write and Publish Your Memoir" and nine other books

Dodging Machetes: How I Survived Forbidden Love, Bad Behavior, and the Peace Corps in Fiji

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 12:07:25 PM PDT
Max Gelt says:
Check this out. I could not put it down. It's Laura Meets Jeffrey an erotic memoir written by both of the lovers and it's weird but compelling and very BDSM.

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 5:23:43 PM PDT
CPLCWEN says:
I am not sure if you are looking for a book or selling a book? If you want to read the most awesome book out there, and that is according to everybody that has read it, read 'COLD WAR SOLDIER' by Robert ? McGuire. I think that's his name. It will keep you turning pages all day and night.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 7:56:55 PM PDT
Susan says:
Mafia Mother-in-law is a page turner. This is a compelling story of a single parent that loses her son to the Mafia.This true story tells the insiders view about the Boss of all Bosses Vincent the Chin Gigante. You won't be able to out it down, so climb aboard and enjoy the ride

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 8:21:22 PM PDT
The Pain in the Promise: Child Neglected, God Protected, Beauty Reflected by Nikki J
This is my book that I just published about my journey through the foster care system. I talk about some of the trials and tribulations that I endured as a foster child and how some of the things I went through affected me as I continued to grow into an adult.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:55:22 AM PDT
PastorA says:
Yes! You Can Get Through. Yes! You Can Get Through

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 5:28:16 AM PDT
Missing the Mark: A Target Child Speaks by Keith Hoerner on Amazon
You Tube Video (Copy and Paste in Address Bar):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skl3oh4FCb0

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012 5:02:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 7, 2012 5:27:42 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 1:43:58 AM PDT
noray says:
That is your autobiography, not a biography- please go to the forum meant for such.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 9:32:54 PM PDT
GC says:
You might enjoy my story, "I Wouldn't Change a Thing", which is... an engaging story about how a teenager overcomes a disability to live an ordinary life. Glenn Campbell was sixteen when a near fatal bicycle accident left him paralyzed from the neck down. His life was set on a seemingly unnavigable course. After a long period of rehabilitation and recovery, Glenn strived to maintain a positive attitude. While there have been many moments throughout that his faith and determination had been tested, he candidly reveals how he overcame those challenges. With the support of loving family, friends and an ever-growing faith, Glenn remained determined to build a life that he could call his own. In the end, you will see how he accepted this life-changing event by cherishing the life he now has.. Available in all formats.
I Wouldn't Change a Thing

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 5:16:06 PM PDT
You should check out "Convinced by the Impossible"...unbeleivable story of divine intervention in the face of tragic circumstance! WOW. Really a worthy read.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Biography forum (159 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  82
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions