Customer Discussions > Biography forum

Robert Blake's book: Tales of a Rascal

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 67 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 4:55:49 PM PDT
I do not know who set up the website. I am sorry. Again, Robert does not use a computer.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 9:32:38 PM PDT
Lonya says:
Are you his publicist?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 5:29:59 AM PDT
No. Robert mentions it all the time in interviews.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 8:24:26 AM PDT
Ina says:
From Canada here and I just cant seem to get this book thru Amazon - same problem. I cant find a link for Black Rainbow either to purchase thru them!
I loved the interview with Dr Phil. I also happen to like Robert Blake VERY much. I love that he tells exactly what he thinks. So sick of the bullshit PC crap pumped out from hollywood. Hope to see more of him. <3

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 10:11:55 AM PDT
Am I reading it right on Amazon? Robert Blake's book is $181.00?? That has to be a mis-print..

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 11:49:34 AM PDT
Can't find his book on the kindle library. Does any one know if this book is only available in print?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 12:02:36 PM PDT
i tried to download on my kindle and it isn't there to order

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 12:10:58 PM PDT
Hi. It is clearly available through Black Rainbow Productions at Amazon. You need to type in the name of the book at the top of the page, and the seller comes up.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 12:15:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2012 12:19:45 PM PDT
RAY LINCOLN says:
Donna-
Last night, a price from an outside seller was over $1000.00 [yes, 'thousand'].
I don't think your amount was a misprint.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 12:20:04 PM PDT
If that is what it says, someone is trying to rip you off. The price is approx. $30.00, maybe a little less.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 12:23:28 PM PDT
I am sure these outrageous numbers are not a misprint. These people are scalping the book, because they think they can get away with it. It is available through Black Rainbow Productions. Just type in the name of the book at the top of Amazon's page.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:23:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2012 12:27:24 PM PDT
RAY LINCOLN says:
Regarding ''Tales of a Rascal'', what is/will Amazon be charging for the book when it's available in the future? Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 8:27:49 PM PDT
this is a total rip off! i not paying that kind of money for a book who would? A DAM FOOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 8:51:10 PM PDT
i watched dr phil yesterday robert black was on the show he said you can get the book on amazon .com for 39-49 dollars yesterday! we should boycott the book until they get real!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 5:57:06 AM PDT
Hi Marlene. This book is available through Black Rainbow Productions. Go to the Amazon page and select books, then type in Robert Blake/Tales of a Rascal. The price is $25.00.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 9:59:16 AM PDT
I read about those expensive sellers of Blake's book. It's $25.00, I bought it 8/15/12 through Black Rainbow with no problem. Just a suggestion, but search robertbobbyblake on the web. He generously shares excerpts;that's why I decided to get it. I still have to write a review. Also, I am not in a fan club and hope Robert Blake's appearance on Dr. Phil publicizes his Tales of a Rascal so he can earn some coin.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 1:46:05 PM PDT
I haven't seen or heard anything from him in years .you sound like you know a great deal about him. When did the book come out? And why is it so difficult for people to get their hands on it? After being on Dr.Phil you would think the publishers would make it really avail from kindle to Costco. Thoughts?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 3:14:53 PM PDT
PCCnyc says:
I know you didn't ask me this question, but I was one of the earlier respondents to this thread and I have still been getting follow up alerts in my email. The book came out earlier this year and has gotten some publicity. and Blake made some appearances, most notably on the Piers Morgan Show. On Piers Morgan he came off as very paranoid, hostile and so strange that the clips of his interview went viral on the internet and on some television shows.

Blake hasn't really been on the public radar as an actor for a long time, and many people today mostly remember him as the guy who was accused of killing his wife. Whether he did or not, the whole business around it was very nasty. His public re-emergence to promote the book haven't made him look particularly sympathetic. All of this may add up to people not being interested in buying the book.

I did not see Dr. Phil, but perhaps that appearance will turn it around for him and his book will become more available.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 3:39:52 PM PDT
agree! someone should start a blog to tell Mr. Blake,How upset his Fans all over the world are about the outrageous price Amazon is asking for the book! And why is this book not available in other bookstores like Boarders etc.... This is Crap! We the people Die-hard lifetime Fans of Robert Blake. Want that book NOW! "Are you with me people?"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 3:41:38 PM PDT
yesterday it was $498 lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 3:43:34 PM PDT
Yes Dr Phil had a copy on Fridays show

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 3:45:45 PM PDT
great!

thank you

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 3:46:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 3:47:53 PM PDT
Suze says:
He recently gave an interview on CNN to Piers Morgan.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/showbiz/blake-piers/index.html

(CNN) -- Actor Robert Blake accused CNN's Piers Morgan of calling him a liar in a combative, profanity-laced interview that was more remarkable for its tone than revelations surrounding his acquittal in the 2001 murder of his wife.

Blake, 78, said he agreed to appear on the show Wednesday to promote his self-published memoir "Tales Of A Rascal," telling Morgan that the book was not about his late wife, Bonnie Lee Bakley, or their relationship.

"I made a deal to come here and talk about anybody from the book," Blake said after Morgan asked about his feelings about the case.

"I excused you from that deal because I thought you were going to be cool. Now you're trying to (bleep) into the ground."

Blake was acquitted in 2005 in connection with the murder of Bakley, though that same year he was found liable for her death in a wrongful death lawsuit and ordered to pay $30 million. Blake subsequently filed for bankruptcy.

When Morgan asked about the case, including the civil suit, Blake demanded: "Do you know why I was arrested?"

"Tell me," Morgan said.

"Well, before you start asking questions, you should do some god**** research," Blake said.
Robert Blake: I didn't kill my wife
Robert Blake: Cops 'ripped my guts out'
Blake: "Nobody tells me I'm a liar"

The actor has long maintained his innocence, raising questions about Bakley's past and her relationships with other men as a possible motive.

Bakley, who also had a well publicized relationship with Marlon Brando's son Christian, was found shot in the head in North Hollywood in 2001. The couple had married six months earlier after a paternity test revealed her child belonged to Blake not Brando.

"Bonnie had people that she burned. How bad I don't know. Did she steal everything from them? We'll leave that alone. But nobody really knew where Bonnie was. She had 15 ID cards. She had 15 credit cards. She had different places where she lived and nobody could ever find her if they were looking for her," Blake told Morgan.

"But one day somebody opened the paper and saw that Bonnie just married Robert Blake and where does Robert Blake live. And what a couple of weeks later she was dead. I want you to chew on that for a bit."

Blake's use of profanity is nothing new. Excerpts posted online from his self-published book are filled with it, especially as he describes the case that was built against him by Los Angeles authorities -- and his subsequent imprisonment while waiting to stand trial.

Blake accused Morgan of insulting him by raising questions about the case.

"Nobody tells me I'm a liar," Blake said.

At one point during one of Blake's tirades, Morgan asked: "Are you sane?"

Later Blake said: "My skin is a little bit thin. I've never allowed anybody to ask me the questions you're asking."

CNN has video clips posted at that link.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 5:06:56 PM PDT
the book price is now $25.00

Way to go ROBERT BLAKE FANS OF THE UNIVERSE WE ROCK!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 6:14:37 PM PDT
THANK YOU VERY WELL WRITTEN

I think the book is going to be a best seller There are still may people around who remember the contribution Robert blake made to the movie and television industry. He has been an actor since he was two years old. Worked with the great's and is one hell of an actor. people skills not so much lol.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Biography forum (159 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  67
Initial post:  Apr 25, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions