Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Biography forum

Robert Blake's book: Tales of a Rascal

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-67 of 67 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 5:47:21 AM PDT
You're welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 5:52:00 AM PDT
You can buy it at the designated price of $25 from Black Rainbow Productions through Amazon. Neither Amazon nor Black Rainbow Productions are inflating the price. People are buying at the normal cost and selling it on ebay and other sites for an outrageous price.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 10:54:17 AM PDT
Robert Blake has tremendous passions and at least you know what he is about without physically meeting him and chatting. (He's consistent.) I think the book came out May of 2011, but maybe people are only hearing about it now since these interviews? My perception is he seems almost artless in the sense of 'pure honesty', not one dimensional though. When he said acting is magic instead of craft I thought his autobiography would reveal his soul which is what always interested me about his Baretta performances. I've only seen clips of the Dr. Phil interview. What is Robert Blake's attraction to you all?

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 11:30:03 AM PDT
The book came out in early spring of this year, 2012. His persona speaks for itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 11:36:04 AM PDT
I didn't sign in before replying so my post didn't go under yours..hope you can see it. I'm tracking this discussion.

Hopefully Blake keeps talking after being silent so long; it's understandable though, isn't it? What do you think about him now?

It's easier to post and then sign in rather than find the discussion after signing on, then looking for it, at least until I figure it out. It's probably ridiculously simple, oh well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 12:12:26 PM PDT
Hi Capricorn rooster. I did see your post. I think Robert has a heart of gold, with that said, he himself said "He has no people skills". I believe he basically means he has no filter. I will say one thing after reading his book you probably will not find a better friend in Robert Blake. He wrote "it is not my style to rat people out, and was surprised by Barbara Walters' book, which basically was a kiss and tell book. (My words). As he said in the book, "Humans betray, animals do not." He is wary of people because of his experiences.

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 12:48:54 PM PDT
How can Robert Blake be contacted?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 6:22:01 PM PDT
You can go to his Official Website: robertbobbyblake.com There is a link to send him a message. I would not count on a reply, as Robert does not use a computer. I am pretty sure someone shows him his messages.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 9:57:37 PM PDT
Quiet Owl says:
Mr. Blake's interview with Dr. Phil was revealing in a more positive way than other interviews he's had. You could tell he felt he was among good people who only had his best interests at heart (although Dr. Phil is a TV show-he's a heck of a better person for Blake to be speaking to than that awful Piers Morgan, whom I can't stand. Morgan was a horrible 'replacement' for the great Larry King.) Additionally, his appearance on Dr. Phil was heartbreaking--especially when he spoke of how much he was hurt that his own family has betrayed him & turned their backs on him. I could definitely relate to that kind of severe pain. I hope Dr Phil will work with him to help him make his way back to his beloved daughter Rosie so that he can have a happy, peaceful resolution to his most upsetting last few years. You can see the anguish he is experiencing when he speaks of his little Rosie.

I, too, have tried to find Blake's book here on Amazon but the price is through the roof! His website www.robertbobbyblake.com does have much of his writing there for one to read if they want to sample his style of writing. It is fascinating to read, though he is rough around the edges & crude in the way he expresses himself, he is also endearing & a total 'open book' in my opinion...His experiences with Elizabeth Taylor (whom he clearly adores!), the Rascals' gang, his parents & other famous folk are included & very interesting. If he can trust someone enough to rein in his rage, he may possibly resurrect his acting career-despite his age. He is a gifted, passionate, tortured & interesting human being. I wish him well. (I loved the Beretta series--it was one of my favorites growing up!)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 9:05:11 AM PDT
Beautifully stated post Cindy. Thank you.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:22:34 AM PST
D. Rogers says:
Great book!! Got it a couple of months back and thoroughly enjoyed it! Got off Amazon, yep, 25 bucks, but I thought it was worth it :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:24:53 AM PST
D. Rogers says:
Great book!! Got it a couple of months back and thoroughly enjoyed it! Got off Amazon, yep, 25 bucks, but I thought it was worth it :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:10:21 AM PST
I couldn't agree more. It is certainly worth it. Robert did a great job bringing the reader into his world.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 8:51:18 PM PST
how do yo ureview a book that is not yet for sale ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 8:08:29 AM PST
It is only for sale through Amazon and has been since May, 2012.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 10:44:47 AM PST
The book can be bought for $25.00 via Amazon.com. I bought the book quickly and easily with free shipping within three days. Amazon was excellent with their follow through. Black Rainbow Publications has an excellent handle on supplying the book to Amazon. The book is now available in Canada I heard just this week. Rock on Robert! I love the book and will cherish it and you forever!

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 10:46:47 AM PST
The book can be bought for $25.00 via Amazon.com. I bought the book quickly and easily with free shipping within three days. Amazon was excellent with their follow through. Black Rainbow Publications has an excellent handle on supplying the book to Amazon. The book is now available in Canada I heard just this week. Rock on Robert! I love the book and will cherish it and you forever!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  67
Initial post:  Apr 25, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions