Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Biography forum

Best Biography on Tina Turner ? (Prefer Non-Auto-Biography)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 14, 2011 2:08:32 AM PDT
HansBlog says:
Hi, i am looking for a relatively current biography on Tina Turner - preferably a bio written not by herself, but by someone else.

So far i didn't find much except a book by Bego which doesn't get good ratings (seems he never talked her or people close to her).

I am aware of her autobiography "I, Tina Turner" which gets good reviews (as does the film based on it). I'd really prefer a biography by someone else; but IF i should settle for "I, Tina Turner" - which edition is the most current or best illustrated?

I am not a fan boy of Tina Turner, but would like to read about her amazing life, also out of a general interest in the time period and business. But i require a well written book, preferably to high journalistic standards (well researched, good entertaining read, not uncritical) (one my of favorite bios is Patrick French's Naipaul biography).

I will also view the film about her life and am aware of that novel "Looking for Tina Turner", where she seems to be a side character in a story about divorce at middle age.

But first - a good Tina biography. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Your reply to HansBlog's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 12:10:02 PM PDT
Rebone says:
Hi. I do not know of any current bio on Tina Turner, but think you'll get it online soon. I want to introduce to you a biography of a non-celebrity, non-politician person. A Woman Denied, it is the life account of a baby born with mixed gender and raised as a boy. Here's the link: A Woman Denied...The Early Years
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Biography forum (161 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Aug 14, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions