Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

please recommend autobiographies about non-celebreties

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on Jul 6, 2012 3:46:06 PM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 526-550 of 834 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 8:13:11 AM PDT
Carol Shimp says:
Sounds exciting, I want to know why men hate women.

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 8:20:48 AM PDT
Carol Shimp says:
Look for my memoir, "Love From the Other Side" is about my paranormal experience and the earth bound spirit that stalked me. Yes there is life after death. I believe awakening can happen any where, any time. It comes with a joyfull feeling. My experience was unexpected and spontaneous.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2012 5:21:23 AM PDT
P Sinclair says:
If you are looking for an autobio written by I guess you'd call a 'nobody', but will touch some deep cords within you you really should read Rachel Kidd's book, 'Who Says?', just out in paperback form, but also in Kindle etc.

The book isn't onverly long, only close to 200 pages, but it was the most powerful read I think ever had in my life, and her story of what happened to her during the few years she writes about will stay with me forever.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 3:43:06 PM PDT
Acamea says:
Hmm... I just so happen to be a non-celebrity with an autobiography. Thought I'd recommend it since that what this post is asking for. It is titled Life, Love, and Thereof and begins with my brother and me being starved for two weeks by our mother. The story continues on to decipher through the fall-out, the recovery, and the redemption from this event. Not very long, easy read. Available in hardback, paperback, and on Kindle. If any of you check it out, I'd love to know your thoughts.Life, Love, and Lack Thereof: A Story of Unbreakable bonds and Un-bondable Breaks

Happy Reading! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 11:24:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 29, 2012 11:41:00 AM PDT
phoenix says:
Dito - non celebrity who doesn't want to be a celebrity:
My contribution is an honest account of a law and language student's gradual descent into paranoia and eventually a fullscale mindbending psychosis.

Psychotic Memoirs (Coming out the journey within) by David Forest

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012 12:34:55 PM PDT
May I offer my autobiography, NO ORDINARY WOMAN (by Valerie Byron). I think you might find it quite interesting. You can find details here on Amazon. Thank you. Valerie

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 10:31:50 PM PDT
No Boxes is a semi biography of an Australian traumatised veteran, who devised his own self healing process which lead to his forcing the Australian Government to research how chronic stress changes biology and is an underlying untreated aspect of many veterans health problems. Although not fully healed I can now lead an almost normal life and it was done without any drugs.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 1:20:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:48:01 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 1:35:30 PM PDT
Acamea says:
Ok Charlotte! Thanks! Let me know what you think... I'll definitely check yours out as well. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 2:50:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2012 2:54:25 PM PDT
Tommy Walker says:
I am an average citizen, and my own book is in large part about my averageness. My first ever fan wished in correspondence that my book was also a film. Monstrous: The Autobiography of a Serial Killer but for the Grace of God

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 4:24:38 PM PDT
LRC says:
Try Bonehoffer, by Eric Metaxas...it is wonderful Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 12:38:49 PM PDT
Ian I says:
why do people recommend their own books lol

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 1:07:06 PM PDT
Damian Nash says:
The Man Who Quit Money, by Mark Sundeen. It is an amazing tale about my best friend Daniel, who is both an explorer and a modern day prophet. An awesome romp of a read, beautifully done. The Man Who Quit Money

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 1:19:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 2, 2012 1:24:47 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 1:42:44 PM PDT
K. Dicciani says:
Read this book called "The Seven Year Spliff" a day ago in one sitting. Pretty funny and entertaining. It's about a kid in a haze of pot growing up, going to high school, college (failing out), culinary school, and a big university all while being lost and stoned. Definitely recommend it. The Seven Year Spliff

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 2:03:22 PM PDT
Simple it is a new book and PTSD is huge not understood problem which is only just starting to be addressed in research NOW in Australia. It is actually called Allostatic Overload and it is only due to my work that it is now finally being addressed.
The Americans are still behind and despite releasing over 600 million for research on it all but one group are still in the naieve belief it stems from psyhological PTSD, they don't even recognise there is a biological aspect that not only effects the psychology but the biological health of suffers world wide.
That is WHY.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 3:04:21 PM PDT
Alicia Adams says:
I am the author of "The Clouds are Big With Mercy." It's about life with OCD and Asperger's syndrome.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 6:26:57 AM PDT
Hi Ian. If you write a book as a non celebrity and people tell you it inspires them, then why not share that with other readers? That's what I did. I wrote my autobiography I DID TELL I DID and it went straight to Number One in the Times bestsellers and stayed there for weeks. It is still selling and has sold more than 90,000.Not bad for a first time author huh? I have hundreds of reviews and messages saying how my book helped others, so I shared it on here as this is the forum that asked for non celeb books. I am sure that is why others tell of their own books Hope this clarifies the reason. Take care Cassie

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 8:55:01 AM PDT
Steve says:
Try "Brave Rifles" by a veteran named Erik Shaw.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 12:10:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012 1:57:06 PM PDT
I probably would have been an 'average citizen' (maybe not) if I didn't become a runaway. Here's more about me and my story... www.memoirsofarunaway.com or Memoirs of a Runaway:: A Story of Hope

Michael Kennon is the CEO and President of Kennon Transport, LLC, a successful trucking business he runs with his wife, Sue. Before owning his own company, Mike was a runaway and was virtually homeless for most of his childhood and young adulthood. To survive on the road, Mike drove trucks, sold encyclopedias, hustled pool, was a baker, ski instructor, sous chef, drug dealer just to name a few. Drugs and other dependencies took over Mike's life to the point that he could not accept help when it was offered, nor could he stop running away from a past that haunted him. While now blessed with what he has achieved in his life and in his personal and family relationships, things were much different at one time. "Memoirs of a Runaway: A Story of Hope" is a tale of survival and spirituality. Isolation and reconnection. Most of all, it is a hand reaching out to those who travel down the same troubled path; a story of hope.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 9:44:34 PM PDT
GC says:
You might enjoy my book,"I Wouldn't Change a Thing"... which is an engaging story about how a teenager overcomes a disability to live an ordinary life. Glenn Campbell was sixteen when a near fatal bicycle accident left him paralyzed from the neck down. His life was set on a seemingly unnavigable course. After a long period of rehabilitation and recovery, Glenn strived to maintain a positive attitude. While there have been many moments throughout that his faith and determination had been tested, he candidly reveals how he overcame those challenges. With the support of loving family, friends and an ever-growing faith, Glenn remained determined to build a life that he could call his own. In the end, you will see how he accepted this life-changing event by cherishing the life he now has.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 11:04:23 PM PDT
Elliot Rais says:
Stealing The Borders should be worth your while
Elliot

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 10:55:01 AM PDT
Ian I: "Why do people recommend their own books?"

Why not?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 11:47:41 AM PDT
Re: Why not recommend your own books? Interesting question. I know we all want to share our accomplishments, especially after that first book hits the shelves, or in this case, the ebook spectrum. My own view is that I'm reluctant to blow my own horn, choosing instead to allow another to perform that task. It seems self-serving to me to speak about my accomplishments.
Someone may say that that's what publicists are for. Very true. Assuming of course that you're able to engage one, let alone pay for their services. May I suggest that one way to circumvent self promotion is to simply have a good friend, spouse or avid reader do so on your behalf. Just one man's opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 2:23:01 PM PDT
Well said Elizabeth
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Biography forum (159 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  494
Total posts:  834
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 85 customers

Search Customer Discussions