Customer Discussions > Biography forum

An Autobiography/Biography that's a TRUE Page Turner !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 103 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 23, 2012 3:21:25 PM PST
dang says:
Dancing out of darkness was a compelling book! I couldn't put it down when I started to read it. I found it so easy to read and it held me to the end. You felt like you were on the journey with the author and it was great how you get to hear all of her inner thought processes along the way. This book was very honest and transparent and the author wasn't afraid of revealing ways of being and thinking that didn't lead to life. It was useful to see where different theology led to and how it didn't set her free and how she became free when the new revelations broke on her when she experienced God's love and grace. I believe this book will touch people from many different walks of life as it explores depression, high expectations that are put upon a person, religious ideas that don't lead to life, sexual assault, grief and loss of a loved one, marriage and the complexities of this and what makes this work, the human services careers and people's quest for peace and fulfilment. It also looks at how some-one changes as they experiences new revelation on their faith journey. It ends with a spiel about what the Good News is which is very uplifting and inspired. This book encouraged me in my faith and reinforced that 'with God all things are possible!'

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 4:43:44 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 19, 2012 8:39:57 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 12:43:58 PM PDT
ROLL CALL ~ A Prison List (True Prison Story) A true story of redemption in the drug war. An eye opener about prisons and how locking up so many low level drug addicts. Prisons breed bigger criminals. Great book

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 2:37:00 PM PDT
dlbell says:
"One Autumn in Europe" by Steven Hubbell. It is the coming of age story of a young man in Texas, who travels in Europe in 1979. His descriptions are amazing. It makes one keep reading just to see what happens next on his adventures.

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 9:58:39 PM PDT
rosered says:
If you are really wanting to know about the history and heritage of the common men and women of America, read "The "Would-Be" Pioneers". It begins with the true story of a girl growing up in the early 1900's who was taken from a life of substance to a life of living off the dirt of the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles. Her family moved over 25 times and encountered many hardships and illnesses, but they were transformed into strong characters of faith. The second part of the book, goes back into the life of this family and explores the regions, counties, and events that surrounded them as they endured persecutions, and the birthing pains of America. History comes to life when reading this book, revealing the many cultures and beliefs that came together to form this great nation. Very worth your while to read the book. Reminds me of the book "Roots". It is amazing what our ancestors went through.The "Would-Be" Pioneers

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 1:39:12 PM PDT
cerinto says:
Jesus Christ life told by himself, an autobiography

It is amusing and deserving to think about also.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 12:28:11 PM PDT
Damian Nash says:
The Man Who Quit Money, by Mark Sundeen. It is an amazing tale about my best friend Daniel, who is both an explorer and a modern day prophet. An awesome romp of a read, beautifully done. The Man Who Quit Money

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 1:45:55 PM PDT
K. Dicciani says:
Read this book called The Seven Year Spliff a day ago in one sitting. Pretty funny and entertaining. It's about a kid in a haze of pot growing up, going to high school, college (failing out), culinary school, and a big university all while being lost and stoned. Definitely recommend it.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 2:43:01 PM PDT
cerinto says:
Pope Joan, the female Pope here is the bio of a woman who in Anno Domini 852 disguised herself as a man and being intelligent and knowledgeable was elected Pope of Rome and as such she was named John VIII

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 4:21:38 AM PDT
D.flynn says:
Night by Elie Wessel is a page turner about the holocaust and his survival thru it all. I read a lot about WW 11, and this is the best survivor story I have read. Does anyone have suggestions for WW11 Books, non fiction of course . Thanks

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 6:05:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012 6:06:21 AM PDT
"Beyond the Dark Bayou" is a page tuner; and weaves a compelling true story of both the hardships and victory experienced by author Alice Ball and her husband John. This unique book brings to light the consequences of human errors committed in the medical field and how a couple traumatized by this unnecessary tragedy was guided through their darkest valley by the power of God.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 7:20:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012 7:22:00 AM PDT
Carol Shimp says:
"Love From the Other Side" This is a great read. Author will make a believer out of anyone who has doubts that there is another dimension. It will make you laugh and cry and you'll probably want to read it again. If you didn't believe before, you will after reading this.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 2:10:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 3, 2012 2:19:07 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 9:06:46 PM PDT
GC says:
You might enjoy my book,"I Wouldn't Change a Thing", which... an engaging story about how a teenager overcomes a disability to live an ordinary life. Glenn Campbell was sixteen when a near fatal bicycle accident left him paralyzed from the neck down. His life was set on a seemingly unnavigable course. After a long period of rehabilitation and recovery, Glenn strived to maintain a positive attitude. While there have been many moments throughout that his faith and determination had been tested, he candidly reveals how he overcame those challenges. With the support of loving family, friends and an ever-growing faith, Glenn remained determined to build a life that he could call his own. In the end, you will see how he accepted this life-changing event by cherishing the life he now has.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012 5:05:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 7, 2012 5:24:00 AM PDT
Missing the Mark: A Target Child Speaks by Keith Hoerner on Amazon
You Tube Video (Copy and Paste in Address Bar):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skl3oh4FCb0

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 11:26:08 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 21, 2012 5:29:36 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 5:31:12 PM PDT
You'll enjoy Poked and Prodded- A Humorous Medical Memoir. It's a real page-turner! Funny and witty!

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 7:12:32 AM PDT
Black-eyed Susan Among the Roses is a great page-turner. You will laugh and cry and remember your own childhood while thoroughly enjoying the author's style!

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 6:54:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 30, 2012 7:55:25 PM PDT]

Posted on May 1, 2012 9:58:15 AM PDT
That Undeniable Longing - My Road to and from the Priesthood. By Mark Tedesco. I can't put it down!

Posted on May 1, 2012 4:22:22 PM PDT
John says:
A Sea Story by Joseph Pignataro

First Navy 9/11 story that I know of. Inspirational, great action, sad, and funny as hell at moments. I also learned about what a huge impact the Navy had on 9/11...had NO clue.

Posted on May 1, 2012 4:23:16 PM PDT
John says:
A Sea Story by Joseph Pignataro

First Navy 9/11 story that I know of. Inspirational, great action, sad, and funny as hell at moments. I also learned about what a huge impact the Navy had on 9/11...had NO clue.A Sea Story: The untold story of the U.S. Navy response to 9/11.
Your reply to John's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 5:14:00 PM PDT
Carol Shimp says:
Thank you John, It's on our check list.

Posted on May 7, 2012 12:35:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 12:52:40 PM PDT
I recently finished reading this amazingly heartbreaking yet inspirational true story called "Finding Gloria" by Marianne Curtis. I highly recommend this survival story by an author who survived child abuse, rape, mental illness, depression, divorce and single parenting. Once I started reading, i couldnt put it down!!!

Posted on May 8, 2012 10:20:47 PM PDT
Reader says:
True Crime: I Witnessed A Killing (A Mother and Child Fight for Their Innocence)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Biography forum (159 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions