Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Biography forum

Best biograohy I ever read:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-91 of 91 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 2, 2011 5:29:56 AM PDT
Jaffo says:
Try Third Graders At War. It was written by a private who rode on a Bradley fighting vehicle in Desert Storm. Not your typical hollywood B.S.
I laughed a lot, and some of it was sad, but it tells it pretty bluntly, not for kids definitely.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 7:21:10 AM PDT
Mvl says:
FEARLESS: JOHN L MCCLELLAN, UNITED STATES SENATOR is by far the BEST biography I have ever read!! Facinating! Thrilling! Action-packed!! This senator's life is so riveting that dramatic non-fiction fades in comparison! Great read for all history lovers and biography lovers!

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 7:24:29 AM PDT
Radu Popescu says:
Does autobiographies count?
Empty Chairs - by Stacey Danson

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 9:52:13 AM PDT
Bruce Wayne says:
I prefer memoirs that are not about famous people...Some how, the suffering is much more real and the book more genuine..

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 3:10:12 AM PDT
S. Simon says:
"Notes From The Sand" written by my late husband, stand-up comedian, about our Middle East travel adventures.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 4:37:22 PM PST
ReviewerNYC says:
Looking forward to reading the long awaited release of Lucinda Ruh's book "Frozen Teardrop". She is the most artistic figure skater ever to take the ice stage! The most accomplished and beautiful spinner (you must look up her videos on-line or on her website), you will be astonished when you see her spin. Simply an inspiration to all. What a great person. I plan on updating this review after I finish reading her book, but especially since I take notice that Lucinda wrote the book herself (not like others who hire a writer - no short-cuts for her), I am confident it will be an enjoyment to read. I am truly looking forward to reading her story.
The link to her newly released book is directly below;
Frozen Teardrop: The Tragedy and Triumph of Figure Skating's "Queen of Spin"

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 6:35:32 AM PST
Autobiography of a Yogi has to be the one that gave me the most to think about.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 4:20:53 AM PST
BrandTester says:
Butterfly Tears: Stories of Entrapment to Empowerment by Wil Drouin and Jennifer Thomas

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 11:30:22 AM PST
Shawly says:
The moon is a balloon.

Bio of David Niven who admits He was a bit of a con man who was loved by the hollywood greats of the time.
David was a British special forces officer before drifiting to hollywood.
There is a great story in the book when He was at the house of Bogy a good friend of his.
A great read.

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 3:22:38 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 26, 2012 3:47:59 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2012 6:42:03 AM PST
Doremi says:
Here's an honest, funny and extremely touching TRUE story, just published..."Christmas On The Move Out West"...Portland 1968. A widower and his five children do the best they can, as seen through the eyes of a 10 year old boy. THE new baby boomer classic. Available on http://Amazon.com

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2012 12:18:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2012 12:24:26 PM PST
i justposted the same. Michael Holrod' bio of Lytton Strachey. His book opened up to me the world of the Bloomsburies;and I have read everything there is about thar group and that time. I especially enjoyed the six volumns of the Dairies of V Woolf. Also the Life of Duncan Grant, andthe Vanessa Bell biography.Also last but not least The biography of Leonard Woolf.

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 1:10:58 PM PDT
Missing the Mark: A Target Child Speaks by Keith Hoerner on Amazon
You Tube Video (Copy and Paste in Address Bar):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skl3oh4FCb0

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 7:54:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 21, 2012 1:44:42 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 3:43:52 PM PDT
Another emotional rollercoaster is "Black-eyed Susan Among the Roses" by Fran Gervais. I don't know how anyone survives in a dysfunctional family!

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 5:33:10 PM PDT
"Dropped Names" by Frank Langella. While billed as a memoir, it's a collection of mini biographies of some famous people, as he knew them over the years. At different points amusing, touching, bitchy: A fun, well-written read and a welcome change of pace for me after slogging through the recent 900 page Spencer Tracy bio.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Biography forum (161 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  84
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Dec 10, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions