Customer Discussions > Biography forum

An Autobiography/Biography that's a TRUE Page Turner !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 103 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 28, 2012 12:26:16 PM PDT
Permanent Midnight. This memoir chronicles a life addicted to drugs - author is a writer, including having written for Playboy & TV. He was a vegetarian, appeared 'OK' to the world- successful, earning mucho bucks - but it all went 'up his arm'. EXTREMELY well-written; he engages you immediately, and he is FUNNY! A page-turner because he draws you in intimately, and I, myself, could NOT believe that he did NOT die - so needed to find out how he survived.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 1:09:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 4, 2012 1:15:54 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 4:09:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 4, 2012 4:32:14 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 3:38:12 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 9, 2012 4:15:30 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 2:13:38 PM PDT
R. Chang says:
My book Scalpel in the sand should be priced at US£12.99.
yet when I go to your web-site and my book page it is being sold at US$30 for a new copy and $11 for a used copy. Wy is this the case?

I am sure that the price is putting potential buyers off. It is much too expensive. As i said I priced it at £12.99.
Please change the pricer to a more realistic one.

renechang@btinternet.com

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 6:43:55 PM PDT
Jeannette says:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007ZUIL68/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/275-3787006-2724262

Forces wife journals you have to keep reading to see what happen at the end :) enjoy ... Now want 2nd book due July 1st !

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 3:39:55 AM PDT
CPLCWEN says:
I am not sure if you are looking for a book or selling a book? If you want to read the most awesome book out there, and that is according to everybody that has read it, read 'COLD WAR SOLDIER' by Robert ? McGuire. I think that's his name. It will keep you turning pages all day and night. I just bought a copy for a friend and sent it to him for his B-Day. It's worth it, trust me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 3:21:21 PM PDT
Thanks for the book referral. Am looking for it now! Sounds great to me. Lori

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 3:33:12 AM PDT
CPLCWEN says:
The best way to find it is by ISBN:9781475022766
It is called 'Cold War Soldier A Memoir' The authors last name is McGuire. You will love this book and it is in paperback as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 3:33:33 AM PDT
CPLCWEN says:
The best way to find it is by ISBN:9781475022766
It is called 'Cold War Soldier A Memoir' The authors last name is McGuire. You will love this book and it is in paperback as well.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 4:05:19 AM PDT
Gigi Griffis says:
I'm a huge fan of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love. And I'm in the middle of (and loving) Rhoda Janzen's Mennonite in a Little Black Dress!

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 5:34:39 AM PDT
Being something of a history buff I wanted to find a book about around the area of mental health biography. It was amazing that so few books have been written from the perspective of the mental health professional. Only one way to remedy this - write it myself. So I have at last finished the work, telling the story of my move from theological student to mental health nurse. It's called Asylum Bound, as is on KSP and soon to be out in paperback. Have a look. I think you may enjoy something very different. Best wishes. Stuart Townsend.Asylum Bound

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 5:45:17 AM PDT
Being something of a history buff I wanted to find a book about around the area of mental health biography. It was amazing that so few books have been written from the perspective of the mental health professional. Only one way to remedy this - write it myself. So I have at last finished the work, telling the story of my move from theological student to mental health nurse. It's called Asylum Bound, as is on KSP and soon to be out in paperback. Have a look. I think you may enjoy something very different. Best wishes. Stuart Townsend.Asylum Bound

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 5:25:23 PM PDT
CPLCWEN says:
I am not sure if you are looking for a book or selling a book? If you want to read the most awesome book out there, and that is according to everybody that has read it, read 'COLD WAR SOLDIER' by Robert ? McGuire. I think that's his name. It will keep you turning pages all day and night.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 9:49:24 AM PDT
The Boy Kings of Texas by Domingo Martinez

"Domingo Martinez writes like an angel - an avenging angel who instead of bringing wrath to a fallen world redeems it by using beautiful prose to turn the most awful and gritty realities into transcendent gems. This is also a significant historical document, a first person account that reveals one corner of America as it has seldom been seen. What a voice, what a story, what a testament to the transforming power of self-knowledge and the right choice of words."
- Carlos Eire, author of "Waiting for Snow in Havana" and 2003 National Book Award winner

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 12:04:28 PM PDT
Max Gelt says:
Laura Meets Jeffrey

Laura Meets Jeffrey is a memoir written by two sex maniacs who find each other and go wild and years later write down what they did.
It's what Fifty Shades would like to be, except it's better written and non-fiction.
It's way raw and erotic so be warned.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 4:19:22 PM PDT
Will Lutwick says:
Almost every review point out that this is a real page-turner. It's funny, dramatic, compelling - has it all!

Dodging Machetes: How I Survived Forbidden Love, Bad Behavior, and the Peace Corps in Fiji

"Lutwick's memoir is a fun romp through the tropics, featuring forbidden love and outrageous cross-cultural miscommunications. Part `South Pacific' and part adventure comedy, Lutwick's book is all heart. I cheered for him every step of the way."

- JULIA SCHEERES, New York Times bestselling, award-winning author of "Jesus Land" and "A Thousand Lives: The Untold Story of Hope, Deception, and Survival at Jonestown"

". . . an entertaining and thought provoking Peace Corps memoir. This is a fine example of what a memoir can be . . . Written with episodic, fast paced chapters it is intriguing. Once I started, I could not stop and yet, found myself thinking about his story and its themes long after the highlighted passages began to fade . . . If you enjoy a roller-coaster memoir, you'll love Dodging Machetes. It will probably win awards. Five stars."

-- LAWRENCE LIHOSIT, author of the bible for writing Peace Corps memoirs, "Peace Corps Experience: Write and Publish Your Memoir" and nine other books

Dodging Machetes: How I Survived Forbidden Love, Bad Behavior, and the Peace Corps in Fiji

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 4:37:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 26, 2012 8:30:12 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 5:26:24 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 10, 2012 7:23:45 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 6:02:23 PM PDT
Unbroken by Laura Hillebrand. The best book I've read in a very long time.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 11:55:29 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 31, 2012 4:31:12 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2012 7:45:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 21, 2012 8:10:46 PM PDT
S. Mead says:
World War II non-fiction...my favorite reading topic! The ones I can't put down/have read multiple times:
Hell's Guest by Col. Glenn D. Frazier (I personally heard him speak about his experiences on the Bataan Death March and as a POW...an incredible and inspiring story...I will never forget it)
Escape to Davao by John D. Lukacs
Prisoners of the Japanese by Gavan Daws
Lost in Shangri La by Mitchell Zuckoff
Ghost Soldiers by Hampton Sides

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 10:56:20 AM PDT
The Narrator says:
"Feeding a Monster" by Veronica Loving is an autobiography I would recommend to all who have loved. I couldn't stop reading about her life with an undercover pedophile and rapist. The irony of it all is that she really did nourish and Feed a Monster.

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 8:35:05 PM PDT
Josh says:
How about THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF HOWARD HUGHES by Clifford Irving?
THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF HOWARD HUGHES

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 2:12:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 31, 2012 4:29:24 PM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions