Customer Discussions > Biography forum

January First by Michael Schofield (not yet published - due 2012)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 114 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2011 11:56:43 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 28, 2011 6:57:34 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 10:02:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 27, 2011 6:38:13 PM PST]

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 11:02:57 PM PDT
Thank you Anthony. I know Michael's wife and have followed him and his struggles with raising his children. They have thousands of friends on Face Book and their foundation, and from what I've seen everyone loves them, and there has never been an accusation of any kind made against him.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2011 8:29:06 AM PDT
you are in need of your own help. i am very good friends with the schofields and i am also living the same life. i have 3 mentally ill children one who is just like jani unless you walk in our shoes keep the judgement to yourself please. i can tell you NO ABUSE has ever taken place to jani or susan . as for their paypal did you know they sent me money for diapers and food for my 3 kids did you know they sent me money and asked for donoations on my behalf to keep my electric on so my kids had lights and such. and 2 apts. are not luxury but neccesity so next time check your facts first.

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 8:31:21 AM PDT
now for the book i cant wait for my copy to arrive THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! this will finally give a glimpse into a world so many of us are living and i applaud michael for his courage to do this.

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 12:51:55 PM PDT
Warrior Mom is just talking through her hat. The Schofields are good people doing their best to raise their children who have very different, but very pressing needs. Just where do people get these asinine ideas that Jani and Bodhi are being abused, which they are not. The Schofields have provided a forum for the mentally disenfranchised; families of people coping with mental illness; people who have survived RTC and other institutional abuse; woefully inadequate services and have brought many people together.

Warrior Mom made this same post in another discussion about the book. It just goes to show you that if you spread bull further, you just have more bull. Just where does Warrior Mom get the preposterous idea that anybody would WANT their child to carry the sz diagnosis? Sadly, Jani's behavior fits the tab for sz and there is nothing even remotely resembling Asperger's in Jani's make up.

Jani shaken in infancy?! Warrior Mom is REALLY talking through her hat. I doubt she ever read those blogs and I also doubt she watched the programs featuring the Schofields and other families coping with mental illness. They are not living in luxury. Warrior Mom might want to get her facts straight instead of slandering a good family! For Pete's Sake!

I, too am looking forward to reading the book.

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 12:57:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 20, 2013 4:07:41 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 7:28:19 PM PDT
Susan Polk says:
I cannot wait for this book!! I cannot wait to post it on FaceBook & on twitter!! I would LOVE to see it become a NY Times best seller to educate the masses and to gain understanding & insights to many parents desperate measures to raise children with mental disabilities! Hooray for Michael & Susan!!!! I hope it is followed by More books assisting many of us written by this Brilliantly TALENTED FATHER/author!!!

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 7:29:44 PM PDT
Susan Polk says:
I cannot wait for this book!! I cannot wait to post it on FaceBook & on twitter!! I would LOVE to see it become a NY Times best seller to educate the masses and to gain understanding & insights to many parents desperate measures to raise children with mental disabilities! Hooray for Michael & Susan!!!! I hope it is followed by More books assisting many of us written by this Brilliantly TALENTED FATHER/author!!!

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 10:17:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 20, 2013 4:07:51 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 9:49:15 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on May 7, 2013 11:46:48 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 12:21:34 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 27, 2011 6:36:37 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 12:29:51 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 21, 2012 9:11:47 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 12:38:12 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 27, 2011 6:36:11 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 12:43:05 PM PST
Susan Polk says:
Unsure why YOUR opinion matters? Obviously you do not know them. Obviously you are obsessed with them & open to airing their personal information- YET you conceal your own identity, that is highly suspect. VERY SUSPICIOUS. Typically, in the real world - not YOUR delusional world, if one is going to go to such lengths to REPEAT OBSESSIVELY THEIR INANE "opinions" they at least do it with a deep level of integrity by providing their real identity...otherwise, it is easy for the remaining 99.99999% of the population to render your "opinions" as delusional rantings, at the least. SEEK HELP, perhaps by healing yourself, controlling your thoughts & putting your "opinions" in perspective you can then begin to lead a PRODUCTIVE life and CONTRIBUTE to the world. Character assassination doesn't do anyone any good- least of all you. It truly makes you look vicious, obsessed and quite delusional. Perhaps it's time to address your OWN issues and allow others to do the same. If you don't like the channel YOUR life is on (STUCK) you own your remote control - CHANGE THE CHANNEL. View your own life under a microscope & start there, I'm sure you will find lots of things to heal, clean, fix & rant & rave about all within the confines of your own life. Your auto responder needs to be shut off too...best to you. CHOOSE A DIFFERENT PATH.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 12:47:46 PM PST
Susan Polk says:
This message was directed to and for "JUNEBUG/JAN". Not intended for you Anthony, with apologies if that wasn't clear.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 1:04:26 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 21, 2012 9:11:41 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 2:04:51 PM PST
Accusing them with lies and disagreeing with them are two different things

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 2:08:35 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 27, 2011 6:45:51 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 3:18:06 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 21, 2012 9:11:36 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 7:50:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 8:15:53 PM PST
I'm with Wayne, Anthony & Susan Polk. You all are Godsends with refreshing voices of reason.

There are two threads like this currently running on Amazon. The same trollery from the same posters is taking place. I know the Schofields, so I find it damn difficult to let these outlandish charges against them go unchallenged. Add to it is that those who are so quick to condemn them don't read the blog in full; take a small fraction of what they HAVE read and present it in such a way as to skewer the meaning. If that isn't bad enough, they appear to be obsessed with a family they don't even know and this behavior looks like stalking to me.

These two George Harrison songs are very a propos in re this thread and the other one like it: Devil's Radio and Think For Yourself. Perhaps these folks who are hounding and harassing the Schofields might want to wait and read the book before they pronounce judgment. If they don't want to spend money, they can always read it for free at the library or a bookstore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2011 6:13:18 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 27, 2011 6:34:28 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 7:09:28 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 21, 2012 9:11:30 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 9:11:27 AM PST
Susan Polk says:
Hmmm, again I ask simply and honestly -- exactly what are your credentials & relationship to Jani? Do you really BELIEVE that DCFS, school teachers, school boards, psychiatric facilities, including UCLA!!!, for God's sake, oops, overlooked child Abuse?? Do you have any idea how deep Oprah vetted out guests? What about the network they were on? They all had access to the same information you & I read. Were there charges, accusations, allegations, investigations that CONCLUDED in child abuse charges against either parent? If NOT, please advise us ALL why you should have anyone's attention & why your opinion MATTERS? - All of these professionals, all of this attention on them, NOT you, are entitled to opinions. What YOU are doing is character assassination & it is vicious, contemptuous and BASELESS.- I find it interesting that you find it so necessary to do this. Your tirades remind me of a Mother Teresa quote "I was once asked. Why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there". I think it would be remarkable if you could turn all of your "Anti" into a more positive movement and stand FOR mental health programs for the children, adolescents, parents, care takers of the mentally ill. Today being a day for Thanksgiving & gratitude - I am so thankful for the attention, focus, drive & determination, and All of the financial, emotional & moral support Michael & Susan have consistently patterned for all of us. WHO have you helped today JUNEBUG? Who have you wired money to? Who have you rallied behind to get a community to assist another parent in need? What have you CONTRIBUTED? Peace.

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 9:26:42 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 21, 2012 9:11:24 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Biography forum (159 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  114
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions