Customer Discussions > Biography forum

Biography Recommendation on "Target Children" (Child Abuse)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 7, 2012 1:25:46 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 3:16:08 PM PDT
A target child is one who is zeroed in on specifically for abuse while other siblings remain relatively unscathed... This is also a tale of one journey into recovery from alcoholism... Spiritual and redemptive threads braid this into a crafted piece worth checking out! Unusual structure! Engaging.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 4:47:35 PM PDT
Rebone says:
Hello. A biogaphy about an abused child growing up? Try A Woman Denied...: The Early Years

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 8:57:28 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:47:25 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 4:01:26 PM PDT
JD (Author) says:
Dear Teddy

The story of a small boys life at the hands of his family. Told in the view point of the child himself. A different approach as well as touching into the slightly silent world of abused males.
Free in the Kindle Lending Library for Prime Members

Product Description
Little boy little boy,
Curled in a ball.
I know you're secrets,
I know them all

I write in my journal as much as I can. I talk to Mr. Ted. He is my only friend. He understands when the bad man comes. He holds my hand when I have nightmares and my mummy doesn't hear me cry. Mr. Ted doesn't tell. He won't say when my daddy hurts me. He keeps my secrets and my stories. I love Mr. Ted. He is the only one who loves me back.

Mr. Ted.
I keep falling asleep. Bad things happen. I get sore all the time. But I don't know why. My mum says it's a demon. Because I got evil. Please make me be good.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 6:52:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 30, 2012 7:53:27 PM PDT]

Posted on May 7, 2012 12:36:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 1:03:16 PM PDT
I recently finished reading this amazingly heartbreaking yet inspirational true story called "Finding Gloria" by Marianne Curtis. I highly recommend this survival story by an author who survived child abuse, rape, mental illness, depression, divorce and single parenting. Once I started reading, i couldnt put it down!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 6:23:50 AM PDT
Missing the Mark
By Keith Hoerner

Reader Reviews
"Beautiful
Captivating
Poignant
Honest
Well Written
Unforgettable
Courageous
Vivid
Heartbreaking
Inspiring
Gripping
Victorious
Amazing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skl3oh4FCb0&feature=youtu.be

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 8:13:37 PM PDT
With everything in the news today about child molesters, the Jerry Sandusky trial and the ongoing scandals within the Catholic Church, I've recently gotten a book published that you might find very topical. It will help anyone who's interested to understand how this kind of thing continues to happen. It will also give you insight into the affect this type of abuse has on someone that young. It's called "Unraveling Charlie" and has already gotten a couple of good reviews on Amazon.
If you are interested please go to my website where you can read some sample chapters.
www.unravelingcharlie.com

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 10:53:51 AM PDT
The Narrator says:
"Feeding a Monster" by Veronica Loving is an autobiography I would recommend to all who have loved. I couldn't stop reading about her life with an undercover pedophile and rapist. The irony of it all is that she really did nourish and Feed a Monster.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 2:31:53 PM PDT
Anonymous says:
The phrase 'target child' is not familiar to me but does seem to fit the subject of this book Twenty-Two Faces it's a very well written book (I believe the author has a journalism qualification, as well as experience in mental health and trauma).

It tells the life of Jenny Hill - and it's clear from the start she is treated differently to her siblings, but you never really find out why until the very end of the book.

I'm not sure quite what is going on her with the voting in this thread - many votes against the helpful posts here. Could this be a continuation of the attacks on those who 'dare' speak out about child abuse?
I am hoping there will be something published soon about the UK's Jimmy Savile scandal - which is about Britain's most prolific pedophile - also a celebrity - and the police's repeated failure to charge or arrest him, and the cover ups. Sadly this did not come out until after his death.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Apr 7, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions