Customer Discussions > Biography forum

Please Recommend Another Biography Like Rob Lowe's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 10, 2012 9:23:41 PM PDT
mojo says:
I just finished Rob Lowe's book and would like some suggestions on which autobiography to read next. Please don't recommend David McCollough or Anne Frank, I would really like some books along the lines of Lowe's, Howard Stern, Sammy Davis, etc. Please help

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 2:58:09 PM PDT
Sue McNair says:
If you liked Rob Lowe's book, you will like Melissa Gilbert's book Prairie Tale. Rob did not talk much about Melissa in his book, but she goes into great detail about their relationship. For me, the entire book was fascinating. I wouldn't have bought it if I had not read Rob Lowe's book first, but I am glad I bought Prairie Tale.

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 5:52:04 PM PDT
Dodge Dart says:
Todd Bridges wrote a good autobiography. It's Killing Willis: From Diff'rent Strokes to the Mean Streets to the Life I Always Wanted

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 11:45:05 AM PDT
mojo says:
thank you Dodge, Keep them coming please :) I really enjoyed Melissa Gilbert's biography, even more than Rob Lowe's

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2012 11:52:04 AM PDT
mojo says:
Thank you so much Sue!! It was excellent. Weird how her relationship with Rob is so serious and more substantial than his, while he made it seem like they dated for six months and barely knew each other. Odd. I loved her book even more than his. Please recommend more like them when you have time.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 10:33:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2012 9:40:10 PM PDT
Dodge Dart says:
Melissa Sue Anderson wrote, I think, an even better autobiography than Melissa Gilbert. Jodie Sweetin aka Stephanie Tanner of the inane sitcom "Full House" fame wrote an excellent autobiography entitled "UnSweetined." I also loved Valerie Bertinelli's two autobiographies, "Losing It" and "Finding It.". Her former co-star Mackenzie Philips wrote a DAMN GOOD book as well.

"A Full House of Growing Pains" was written by the mother of Kirk and Candace Cameron of "Growing Pains" and inane "Full House" fame respectively and Candace Cameron has written an excellent book as well.

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 9:57:24 AM PDT
mojo says:
Thank you Dodge, which one should I read first? I'm reading someone else's suggestion at the moment, "Killing Willis" and it is EXCELLENT!! I highly recommend it. Could you put the ones you recommended in order of juiciest and/or best written so I know which ones to read first?

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 6:09:09 PM PDT
The Crossing, living a life without regret

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 1:40:35 AM PDT
mojo says:
Lilas, I cannot find this book. Who is it by? what is it about?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 5:26:41 AM PDT
Good Morning Mojo..how happy are you this Sunday Morning
The Crossing, Living a Life Without Regret, by Lela Ashkarian, captures the essence of a young woman on the brink of disaster yet imbued with determination to more than survive, to thrive. From the embattled shores of Lebanon to the palm-studded beaches of Key West, Lela Ashkarian weaves a fascinating and inspiring story of courage, ambition, and transformation. The title symbolizes many successful crossings in her life-spiritual, emotional, financial, and physical-affording the reader an opportunity for self-examination in the mirror of her amazing life.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 7:09:40 PM PDT
mojo says:
Amazon doesn't have it :( do you know why?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 7:29:43 PM PDT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1600473075/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 7:31:46 PM PDT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1600473075/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1348194458&sr=8-1. Sorry if you are receiving this twice.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 11:14:06 AM PDT
mojo says:
It would not let me see the book or anything about it. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2013 10:15:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2013 10:17:20 AM PDT
Professor says:
If you wan't to read the most interesting bio book on the market today, then you must read: "ARE WE DEAD YET?" Author is Johnny Savage. Once you atart reading this book filled with 100% true stories, you just cannot put it down! Book is extremely exciting. At times extremely sad, other times joyfyul, other times generating extreme anger in reader emotions. A MUST READ!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Biography forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jul 10, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions