Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

please recommend autobiographies about non-celebreties

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on Jul 6, 2012 3:46:06 PM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 834 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2011 8:58:44 AM PDT
I am the author of Snatched from the Fire. My name is Patricia Amis. This book is my autobiography, and I am in the process of producing a film based on my story. I need other autobiographies about the average citizen. People have great stories, and to see them on film is very powerful. Snatched from the Fire

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 9:53:41 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 28, 2011 11:49:56 AM PST]

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 12:32:10 PM PDT
Read 'Confidential', the double life of secret agent turned Hollywood tycoon - Arnon Milchan

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 9:36:42 AM PDT
Gabe Penn says:
When Pigs Fly
Read : When Pigs Fly, the exceptional journey of a young woman as a liver transplant recipient by Gretchen Cooke and Jennifer Rinehart.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2011 2:32:38 PM PDT
I'm an ordinary citizen who has just written a memoir, Someone to Talk To: Finding Peace, Purpose, and Joy After Tragedy and Loss. It is about how I overcame a series of tragedies and used my pain as a means to grow, deepen, and help others. My name is Samantha White.

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 2:55:20 PM PDT
1923: A Memoir $1.19 on Kindle

Average Customer Review
4.9 out of 5 stars (8 customer reviews)

Review
It's a personal as well as a social history. Smith has the knack of bringing the times to life in a way that few writers can manage. It's the ability to tell a story, the knowledge of when to move on & not labour a point.
--The Bookbag

1923 is a book that succeeds in two ways with ease, both as a personal memoir of a life lived in a volatile age and as a record of that age for all time. --The Current Reader

"1923" is uplifting and highly recommended. --Midwest Book Review

1923: A Memoir is a protest against social injustice, corruption, war, famine, poverty, and societies blinded by greed. More importantly, it is the story of hope and the notion that anything can be overcome if desired. --The Publishing Guru
Product Description
To say that Harry Smith was born under an unlucky star would be an understatement. Born in England in 1923, Smith chronicles the tragic story of his early life in this first volume of his memoirs. He presents his family's early history-their misfortunes and their experiences of enduring betrayal, inhumane poverty, infidelity, and abandonment.

1923: A Memoir presents the story of a life lyrically described, capturing a time both before and during World War II when personal survival was dependent upon luck and guile. During this time, failure insured either a trip to the workhouse or burial in a common grave. Brutally honest, Smith's story plummets to the depths of tragedy and flies up to the summit of mirth and wonder, portraying real people in an uncompromising, unflinching voice.

1923: A Memoir tells of a time and place when life, full of raw emotion, was never so real.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2011 3:02:33 PM PDT
Hi,
If interested in autobiographies you should take a look at my ebook, called It Happened On An Island, available on amazon or BN.com

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 5:02:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2011 5:05:51 PM PDT
KTH says:
The Book & Bunk 51
This book will keep you turning the pages it is well written and dynamic it takes you into the life of a young teen age girl who loses her mother to cancer and because of the shock of this loss starts running amok eventually running with outlaw bikers and meth heads. This is a real page turner, you will laugh and cry at the actual situations Bette went through. Get a copy today and tell a friend about The Book & Bunk 51 ..........The most important thing about this book is it points to the BOOK.....The Bible and the mighty work God can do and does do in a sinners life. What a transformation. Thank you Jesus for the work you did in Bettes life. Amen You can purchase this book for $ 2.99 a Kindle e-book or $17.95 paperback Amazon.com

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 5:08:38 PM PDT
KTH says:
The Book & Bunk 51
This book will keep you turning the pages it is well written and dynamic it takes you into the life of a young teen age girl who loses her mother to cancer and because of the shock of this loss starts running amok eventually running with outlaw bikers and meth heads. This is a real page turner, you will laugh and cry at the actual situations Bette went through. Get a copy today and tell a friend about The Book & Bunk 51 ..........The most important thing about this book is it points to the BOOK.....The Bible and the mighty work God can do and does do in a sinners life. What a transformation. Thank you Jesus for the work you did in Bettes life. Amen you can buy this book on Kindle for $2.99 or get a paperback copy on Amazon.com for $17.95 Have a Great day

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 9:18:29 PM PDT
a fascinating book about life in turn-of-the-century Alaska is a good read--i think the title is "Looking Through Glass"; sadly i've been able to find a copy to purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2011 10:45:16 PM PDT
May I suggest my own forthcoming memoir? What About the Boy?: A Father's Pledge to His Disabled Son

This concerns a campaign my wife and I launched to help our baby when he was in constant distress and was not developing, and when doctors could suggest only counseling for us.

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 12:12:17 AM PDT
BOOKS says:
Four Diaries From The American Civil War: Written By Women

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 6:55:16 AM PDT
Travelman says:
Hi everyone. If you like memoirs about ordinary people caught up in extraordinary circumstances and set in West Africa during the turbulent sixties, them you might like to read my book entitiled The Up-Country Man A personal account of the first one hundred days inside secessionist Biafra.
To learn more about my other Africa themed books go to http://africantales.wordpress.com

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 3:25:39 PM PDT
My memoir is coming out this fall! Black Elephants: A Memoir

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2011 3:35:59 AM PDT
The woman on the cover of ODYSSEYA of this heart warming story was blessed with beauty, faith and a brief time of love. But, fate is not always kind to its heroes. - A page turner - Biography - full of mysteries.

http://alexander-vassilieff-odysseya.blogspot.com/

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 4:20:51 AM PDT
I have written a journal of raising my scientific child prodigy son, Ainan Celeste Cawley. The first volume is now available, in two versions (one with extensive comments, one without), on the Kindle. The title is The Boy Who Knew Too Much: A Child Prodigy, Volume 1 (with comments), and Volume 1a (without). Volume 1a is at 99 cents on the US Amazon, at least for a trial period.

It is autobiographical about my life with my son - and biographical about him. There are very few books written prodigies, particularly by those close to them, so it should interest those who are curious about what prodigies are really like, particularly close up.

I hope some of you take a look. Thanks.

Kind regards

Valentine Cawley

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 11:35:54 AM PDT
Jackie says:
a great book is intimate grief: my struggle with ald. It is about a man who is living with an illness, but it is deeper than that. The book serves as a motivation tool for the disable and the healthy. Great book.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2011 6:43:40 AM PDT
Anna Manning says:
The Leroy Tree: A Memoir

This memoir might be of interest.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2011 11:59:52 AM PDT
My name is Gayle Webster. I wrote the book: I Can Still Remember... and I'd love to see my work on film as people have told me it's a fantastic read!
I Can Still Remember...

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 12:58:41 PM PDT
You Had To Be There: Three Years of Mayhem and Bad Decisions in the Portland Music Scene

This is a memoir of three years in the Portland, OR, music business during the early 1980s.

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 5:12:54 PM PDT
Jaffo says:
Try Third Graders At War. It was written by a private who rode on a Bradley fighting vehicle in Desert Storm. Not your typical hollywood B.S.
I laughed a lot, and some of it was sad, but it tells it pretty bluntly, not for kids definitely.

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 12:57:05 PM PDT
I'm a nobody. But see, "Rebel In The Courtroom" for the truth.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2011 12:57:24 PM PDT
Thanks, Jaffo. Although I didn't start this thread, memoir always interests me, and I went ahead and ordered this one.

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 9:56:24 AM PDT
Rebeca Gabor says:
"Echoes of my footsteps" By Ivan Z Gabor
This amazing epic spans fifty years, four continents, three wars, and the multiple identities of one man who had to adapt to survive. As a little boy he endured the holocaust, from shootings on the bloody banks of the Danube to a frustrated rescue attempt by Raoul Wallenberg. From unprecendented stardom in the theater to abandonment on the streets of a strange land, combat in the desert, unprecedented success in foreign lands, and a tender and profound love story, this an inspiring saga for all people.www.ivangabor.com

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 12:29:05 PM PDT
Sam says:
Try COURAGE TO WALK by Robert Waxler
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Biography forum (161 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  494
Total posts:  834
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 85 customers

Search Customer Discussions