Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Alan's blogosphere

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 7:29:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:31:07 AM PST
Since Alan's posts rarely contain deal information, and when they do the deals are hidden in the middle of his "blog", I am creating this official thread for his blogs.

For those interested in Alan's musings, please subscribe here. If he is the model citizen he claims to be, he will start posting his blog here, instead of where it does not belong.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:08:06 PM PST
Alan,

I see you delete your second copy of your "blog" from the Bargains discussion.

Please understand something. I do think some of your blog topics are discussion worthy, you are just presenting them in a rude and narcissistic manner. If you want to discuss a new release, post in a "new release" discussion, or start a new discussion for that title if no discussion has been started already.

I personally would have been very interested in the Dick Van Dyke set if there was a good price on it. Unfortunately, you posted no PRICE REDUCTION information on the title, only regular prices and a rant about the title. If you would present yourself as someone who wants to discuss blu-ray topics, rather than someone that blogs AT people in inappropiate forums NOT MEANT FOR BLOGGING, you could be an awesome community contributer, rather than an irritant.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:39:51 AM PST
Alan, you are so into yourself that your last post was a 100% retread of what others posted.... IN THE POST RIGHT BEFORE YOURS. If you don't give others the respect of reading your posts, why should everyone else want to read yours? I may have to retract my statement about your potential. This whole self-centeredness thing might be too much to overcome.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:04:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 8:56:19 AM PST
"While I try to be helpful with tips or insider info, the mental defectives and self-appointed Gods of Amazon threads (who set their own rules) have once again "no voted" the last post in a lame attempt to prevent you from seeing it, but they can't prevent this from going to your e-mail if you've elected to track these discussions."

and "4 of 18 people think this post adds to the discussion"

Alan,

You got 14 no votes before I even got to (unfortunately) read your (so called) post. If you are trying to "help", why do you start out by insulting EVERYONE? If you think I have 14 accounts no voting you, you are even more crazy than we think you are already.

And sneaking around Walmart and opening displays that are not supposed to be opened to the public yet is STALKING information, not "insider information". Breaking and entering to impress people does not make you an insider, it makes you a nut job.

Have fun breaking laws, alienating most people and boring the rest. Most try to give you a hint with their votes, I am trying to give you actual advice so you can turn things around, but you continue to ignore EVERYONE's feedback. Really, get a clue. Unless your real goal is to irritate people with posts that do not belong in the blu-ray deals thread (Dick Van Dyke has a blu-ray release, why are you whining about the dvd set in the blu-ray forum?) and get the most no votes ever in this forum.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:32:36 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Alan has some issues to work out.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 1:05:04 AM PST
JMM says:
Wow, Alan does have some issues to work out. He just wrote a massive piece about how I think I am a God of Amazon... which could not be further from the truth.

The funny thing is that he seems to think we dislike the deals he posts, which is not true. What we dislike is how he uses a thread for "price reductions & bargains" to post random thoughts, opinions, rumors, and speculation - not to mention calling people who disagree with him "mental defectives", etc.

How sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 12:08:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 12:30:27 PM PST
Totally sad.

He even deletes many of his own posts. If he doesn't find them worthy, why does he expect us to? I actually had to subscribe to the Bargains thread for the first time to make sure I could be entertained by his ludicrous posts before he could delete them. He is entertaining, and not in a good way.

We may have to start scanning news items for the name "Alan" to see where he actually loses it. We could get interviewed on the news to say "doesn't surprise us at all" or "it was just a matter of time"

I don't even think he knows that if anyone wants to read his posts, all it takes is one click to unhide them.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 10:47:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 10:49:23 AM PST
I think we may come up with a new term for this weekend thanks to Alan - Meltdown Sunday.

For someone specifically asking for people to have class, he is certainly showing us all how to have none at all.

How holy to do you have to feel you are to say that only "gods" even dare question you? We are only people sick of reading your self important, non helpful garbage. You continue to post insults, non information and dvd deals.

You are simply the most hated person posting here in the three years I have been around. You have zero people taking your side. When are you going to get a clue and go away? Better yet, get some professional help. I fear for all the people who live within 50 miles from you.

Remember, you get what you give, so if you keep shoveling it out, prepare to be buried in it.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 12:58:14 PM PST
JMM says:
Alan has really gone off the deep end today. I wonder how much worse this will get before he loses interest?

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 12:08:58 AM PST
J. Hammel says:
Yeah, he's got some issues to work out.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 8:07:21 AM PST
There he goes again. A new title announcement is not a price reduction. This guy just craves attention doesn't he? It isn't really that hard to start a new thread about a new topic here on Amazon, is it?

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 6:39:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2013 6:39:30 AM PDT
Jeezy Pete, he's blogging again, and about dvds at that. Will he never get a clue?

*sigh*

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 6:44:42 AM PDT
He's flying high after finally submitting a post that didn't get voted down (RE: The Criterion Gold Box Deal from the other day).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions