Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

Warner launches manufacturing on demand service

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 23, 2009 5:06:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 23, 2009 7:17:30 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 5:12:46 AM PDT
Stryydr says:
I believe this is interesting because it will show that people don't mind buying downloaded media especially if there is an optical disk in the process. I know I'm certainly not interested in purchasing digital media if it's to be stored on a hard drive with excessive DRM. The packaging looks like a store bought DVD.

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 9:29:05 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 23, 2009 7:17:31 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 23, 2009 11:03:33 AM PDT
Stryydr says:
Well it should be interesting to see if the other studios follow suit. I suppose they'll hedge their bets until they see how Warner fares with their introduction.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 2:53:34 PM PST
If this thread is about the Warner Archive collection, I have an update. WAC will be starting BD-R on demand for HD contect starting next week on 11/20. The first titles will be Deathtrap and Gypsy. Then in February 2013, Warner Archive will release 2 additional BD titles each month (SRP $21.99 each). Future titles will include the Coen Brothers' The Hudsucker Proxy and Fearless.

Reported by Bill Hunt at Thedigitalbits.com

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:52:19 PM PST
R. Dodolak says:
WB has already confirmed that the Blu-ray Archive Collection releases will be replicated (pressed) discs rather than BD-R (burned) discs.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 4:06:30 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
I'm actually looking forward to this if they aren't too expensive, since the MOD DVDs rarely come down much from their original price.

I'm going to order Gypsy to try it out. I never bought the DVD of the musical because the laserdisc served very well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Mar 23, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions