Customer Discussions > Blu-ray forum

What Blu-ray is everyone waiting for???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 23, 2009 2:03:27 PM PDT
I cannot believe nobody has mentioned the great Clint Eastwood movies like Dirty Harry, and unforgiven, Joe B

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2009 2:06:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 23, 2009 2:08:35 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2009 5:05:22 PM PDT
Song of the South
Anything from Criterion and Ikon video not yet out.

Posted on Jun 23, 2009 7:41:20 PM PDT
Wilsonclan says:
The Lion King
Tombstone
Everything from Pixar that hasn't been released yet
Minority Report

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2009 8:01:29 PM PDT
Dersu Uzala
Andrei Rublev
Army of Shadows
Paths of Glory
Under the Volcano
Time Bandits
Brazil
Once Upon a Time in America
Vertigo
The Grand Illusion

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2009 11:08:26 PM PDT
my wish list includes-

Ben-Hur(both 1925 and 1959)
Psycho
Vertigo
Mutiny On The Bounty(1962)
Flower Drum Song
Seasons 1-4 of Smallville
Cleopatra(1963)

Posted on Jun 24, 2009 1:25:18 PM PDT
A Customer says:
Barry Lyndon, Lolita and the rest of the Kubrick films

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2009 2:03:53 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 24, 2009 2:05:29 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 27, 2009 3:37:16 PM PDT
A Customer says:
All Uwe Boll films. Remastered, director cuts only!

Posted on Jun 27, 2009 10:44:07 PM PDT
ALIEN
ALIENS
or ALIEN Quad
STAR WARS 4-6
JAWS
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Pulp Fiction
Braveheart
Cowboy Bebop (Series & Film)

Posted on Jun 28, 2009 3:42:04 AM PDT
Kyle E. Nipp says:
I'd like to see the original version of Kill Bill, before it became part1 and 2.

Posted on Jun 28, 2009 8:56:25 AM PDT
Kate P says:
Jim Carrey's The Grinch
Contact
The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
9 to 5
Steel Magnolias
Beaches
Double Jeopardy
Clash of the Titans
All Star Wars movies

Posted on Jul 2, 2009 12:51:26 PM PDT
Update for two posts above :

Joe B : No one mentioned those Clint Eastwood movies, because they are available on BD, please adjust your shopping plans accordingly.

Kyle : Kill Bill has always been Part 1 and Part 2, they were released in theaters that way. There has always been discussion about combining into one release for home video, but that has not come to fruition yet. The combined version would then be "New"

Also, in reference to my earlier post which was before hear death, RIP Farrah. I had several of her movies on my list.

Some movies that are on peoples lists that are being released in the next 6 months or so :
Godzilla (original & 1998), Big Trouble in Little China, Logan's Run (rumored), Clash of the Titans (rumored), Willie Wonka, the remaining Star Trek movies, Gone With the Wind, M*A*S*H, Wizard of Oz, & Forrest Gump.

And a dvd update for R. Hebert - Alley McBeal is rumored to be on the way in the same manner as Get Smart. The complete series and season 1 will be released at the same time, then rest of seasons to follow. Possibly by the end of the year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2009 1:45:06 PM PDT
Dances with Wolves
Apollo 13
Star Trek TOS Seasons 2 & 3

Posted on Jul 2, 2009 2:33:14 PM PDT
Morgan Jones says:
Is it true that the LOTR extended versions will not be made available to blu until director Jackson airs his "Hobbit" flick? Ya hear, So to speak, all sorts of drivel it's hard to know fact from fiction on the so called informed opinions.

Posted on Jul 3, 2009 2:09:59 AM PDT
A Customer says:
Cape Fear and Strange Days

Posted on Jul 3, 2009 11:54:06 AM PDT
Pretty much everything you hear before a title (LOTR, or any title) is officially announced can be put under your grouping of "fiction". Even some official announcements can end up being fiction in the end. Some rumors are based on educated guesses following studios previous track records, some based on info leaked out by people in the "know" (fansites or official websites) or officially involved in the projects (for example, actors revealing they are working on a bonus audio track for an old tv show or movie). You don't really know how much fiction until you know the source. I was a fan of the show Sledge Hammer, and I found a website by the original producer of the show sledghammeronline.com, who gave semi regular updates on his efforts to release the show on dvd, until Sledge was finally released. The moral is to find a source you trust if you really want to know.

Bill Hunt at www.thedigitalbits.com does a good job of reporting rumors that have a good chance of coming through, as well as reporting offical studio announcements.

Another site to check out is http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/ which of course specializes on the Blu Ray market, but not much on speculation. More of an official release reporter, also reporting on good online deals and good technical info.

All the updates I gave in my earlier post I knew from those 2 websites.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2009 12:35:13 PM PDT
Pulp Fiction

Posted on Jul 3, 2009 6:27:25 PM PDT
Stanley Kubrick's overlooked masterpiece Barry Lyndon.
David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia and Doctor Zhivago.
Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in America and Once Upon a Time in the West.

Forget the Alien Quadrilogy, I don't think my ears could bear Newt screaming through Aliens on a high-resolution audio soundtrack.
Just release Ridley Scott's Alien, the original & the best of the 4.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2009 7:18:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2009 7:18:52 PM PDT
Valinorean says:
Yes. I very much agree about Barry Lyndon and Dr. Z. But I want the extended LotR most of all.

Posted on Jul 3, 2009 8:01:20 PM PDT
John Doe says:
how about 10-15$ movies & brand name players @ 99 $

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2009 9:05:59 PM PDT
i agree, tombstone is a must. what's the problem

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2009 2:51:07 AM PDT
A Customer says:
Tombstone stands in the shadows of many great westerns by John Ford and Howard Hawks. But don't worry, it's out on BD, early September. I'll even get it. It's very popular. It's just Velveeta Cheese in contrast to say, My Darling Clementine or Red River.

Posted on Jul 6, 2009 12:00:37 PM PDT
Evan Cole says:
Jaws (maybe we'll see a 35th Anniversary Blu-ray next year)
Borat
Jurassic Park
Star Wars

Posted on Jul 8, 2009 3:48:01 AM PDT
C. Ludwig says:
All I want is the "Compelte" Star Wars experience.

Every movie, special feature, TV special, Cartoon, webcast, all the commericals for toys, complete photo guide showing every item made and sold, etc. in a Box seton Blu-Ray. I'd figure it would be around $500 at best. The Box should have room to grow as new items come out, maybe some empty place holders for future Blu-rays of TV shows or Episode 7 to 9.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Blu-ray forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blu-ray forum
Participants:  765
Total posts:  1559
Initial post:  May 29, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 26, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 36 customers

Search Customer Discussions